Saturday, December 03, 2005

WHO I'M IS! (an introduction)

Inspiration For The Title: Rubberband Man - T.I.

What I'm Listening To: "The Minstrel Show" - Little Brother

Question(s) I asked myself today: Is starting a blog the most egotistical thing I have ever done? Why does anyone care about what I am thinking? Oh yeah, because I'm the sh*t!

Who I'm Is? Well that's a loaded question. I've been thinking about how I could introduce myself to the world. First of all, T. Casanova is not my real name. That's been my pseudonym since I saw Beat Street and decided that I should have a graffiti tag. Not that I have actually ever had the nerve to tag, but I liked the idea. I fell in love with hip hop as a youngster growing up in upstate N.Y. Run DMC's Rock Box changed my life forever. I can still remember hanging out in the basement waiting for Kiss FM to play the new joints with my finger on the record button of my boom box. Don't let me start reminiscing about Roxanne, Roxanne, The Show, or Can't Live Without My Radio. We will be here all day. Who I'm Is? Not to sound like KRS, but I am hip hop.

When I was 12, we moved to Savannah, Georgia and everything changed. Back then they just weren't up on hip hop. I was a Yankee in the south. I was just really different than them other cats. I think that's when the second part of who I'm is began. Who I'm is? I'm definitely an individual. I'm that type of dude that didn't really fit in middle and high school. I ran with a very small clique and it wasn't until college that I started to expand my horizons and let people get to know me. I am still very selective about who I hang with and I still strive to be different, but at least now people seem to understand who I'm is.

In 2000, I moved to the ATL with "she who will not be named." I forgot to mention another thing about who I'm is. I'm a serial monogamist. At least I used to be. I have a couple of 2 or 3 year relationships. I even got close to marraige once. I might as well have been married, b/c "she who will not be named" got half of my cd's when we "divorced." Like you was listening to Nas before you met me. Okay, let me get back on track. I love it here in the A. There is always something to do. Even though, I don't go out that much, it's cool to have options. You can pretty much always find a job here and it is just cool to see Black people with money. Not to mention the women. DAMN!!!!! I think that all rap videos should be shot in the Atlanta area malls. But I digress again. I can't see myself living anywhere else in the immediate future. Right now, my life is mostly work and chilling with my circle of friends (I'm sure you will hear a lot about them.) My homegirl K would tell you I am anti social, because I am just as content to stay home and watch TV, surf the net or listen to music instead of going out. She's right, but I am making an effort. I think I have Social Anxiety Disorder, or maybe I just don't like people. Who I'm Is? I'm a recovering loner-holic, still working my way through my 12 step program.

One last thing you need to know about me before reading this blog: I can be the nicest person in the world sometimes, but most of the time I am extremely sarcastic, a jerk, an a**hole, (insert your own synonym here.) I don't mean anything by it, I just like to laugh and I find a lot of sh*t funny. I often find myself about to fall out because I saw or heard something hilarious. I also will say what's on my mind even when it's not appropriate as long as it's funny. I think I have some kind of Joke Tourette's Syndrome, b/c I just blurt out the first thing on my mind and then deal with the consequences later. Who I'm is? My friends call me Lighter Fluid because I always add fuel to the fire.

That wraps up my first official post as a blogger. Thanks for taking the time out to read about some cat you don't know. I'll try to keep you entertained with tales from my life and other random thoughts from a 31 year old hip hop head.

It was written...

3 Comments:

Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Back to the basics - just thought i would comment on ur virgin blog and say even now the oldies are the best - not u the blog!

xxS*Bxx

Wed Dec 13, 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...

I definitely love this site.
https://sites.google.com/site/prokrservices/
http://a3lanat.co/

Mon Nov 13, 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Cara Mengobati Gondok Beracun said...


This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Cara Mengobati Gabagen
Cara Menghilangkan Varises

Mon Jun 17, 03:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home