Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Pet Peeves

I had a conversation today with a friend about pet peeves. I realized that I had a lot of them. I also realized that I don't really hate people, as I am fond of saying, I actually just hate certain aspects of their behavior. Since this blog is my forum, I thought I would share some of them with you. I wanna say that if you see yourself in any of my gripes, I still like you, but your behavior annoys the hell outta me. LOL. So here's some things that I don't like:

Broke people who eat out all the time. I can't stand when people complain about not having money but always have a takeout box from Olive Garden. Take your ass to the grocery store and cook your own food instead of spending $12.99 that you don't have.

Whiny ass men. I call them B.A.N.s. - Bitchazzniggaz. Always complaining about something like the world owes them something. Be a man, you sorry B.A.N. Stop whining all the damn time. You made your choice now live with the consequences.

People who smoke but don't have their own squares. Why should I spend my money to buy smokes just to give them to you? I understand every once in a while, but there are some cats that just never have their own cigarettes or black n milds. Beggin muhfuckas need to go to the store and get their own.

People who argue in public. This is the most embarrassing thing in the world. Nobody needs to know all your business. On those rare occassions that I go out, I would prefer not to have it ruined by your bickering.

People who have inappropriate personal conversations at work. There's a girl at my job who is always arguing with her babydaddy on the phone. Over the last year, I have learned way too much about their dysfunctional relationship. I just wanted to get a Sprite, I didnt need to hear about your STD's.

People who are loud and wrong. Just because you yell doesn't mean that your point is going to be any more valid. Try discussing things like a rational adult (and watching something besides videos.)

Women who don't do their hair. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a hair fetish. I have to clarify that I don't care how your hair is done, but just don't come out the house looking a hot mess and expect me to hold your hand in public.

People who call 5 or 6 times in a row. Damn, homey! I'm gonna call you back when I get a chance. Just leave a message. Calling me that much is only going to increase the chances of me avoiding you like the plague.

Women who bring up old shit. It's over. We already had this argument, why do you feel the need to rehash it? Thats not gonna accomplish anything. Please let it go. (I know that somebody is going to point out that I do the same thing, so I'm gonna just put it out there now. I am guilty of this, but I don't do it like you do it)

People who borrow money with no intentions of paying you back. They ask to hold something then make you chase them to get it back. Man, I wish I had some henchmen who could break a nigga's kneecap. I also hate it when you loan somebody money and then see them spending money stupidly, like buying liquor or lottery tickets.

People who talk to me in the bathroom. I have an aversion to public restrooms. Something about not knowing whose nasty ass was in the stall before you. I live close enough to work that I can go home to use the restroom. I know that's a little extreme but I hate when I am minding my business and some idiot decides he wants to hold a conversation. I have one simple rule: If your dick is out, shut your mouth.

Barbers who stop cutting hair to sing, argue, or make love on the phone. Barber shops are funny places. Some barbers seem to think your time is not worth a damn. I hate sitting in the chair with a half cut head while they try to remember who sang the original version of "Girl Tonight" It was Ready for the World, nigga! Now finish cutting my hair!

Men who brag on their dick. I dont know why, but for some reason some cats just feel the need to tell me who they are messing with. Thats some high school shit, bruh. A real man doesn't need validation from other men. Just do your thing, it ain't got nothing to do with me. Like Jigga said "what you eat don't make me shit."

Going shopping with women. Shout out to any of my ex's that are reading this. I can't take this. How many times do I have to be at New York and Company looking silly while you try clothes on. And the whole purse holding thing? You know I hate that, so don't be surprised when you hear a smart comment fall out of my mouth.

Women who run out of feminine hygiene products at the wrong damn time. You knew it was gonna happen. So why do I have to drive you to CVS to get tampons. Oh, and why does it take so long to pick them out? You know what brand you use, hell, I know what brand you use. Here's a bit of common sense: men do not like standing in that aisle, so hurry up!

People who yell at their children like they are adults. I almost left this one out because I wouldn't dream of telling people how to raise their kids. But I hate seeing parents berate and curse out their little children. They grow up so fast, let them have their innocence for awhile.

I got a million more, but this is getting too long. Let me know what some of your pet peeves are.

It was written...

24 Comments:

Blogger D- said...

First again! Good post! Many of your pet peeves remind me of my fiance', Jubb. Must be a male thing. LOL. He is looking for a new barber now because he feels like the one he goes to now talks too much and takes too long. Personally, I feel you on 1, 2, 5, and 6. Especially #2!! Everybody knows that ain't nuthin' worst than a B.A.N.

Wed Mar 01, 07:31:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

uh, this list started being too long right around number ten. LOL. this is some funny shit, though. you're on a roll here.

that thing with the barber goes the same with the beautician, although i haven't been to one in almost fifteen years at this point (and NAW, that don't mean i don't keep the coif tight.)

as for running out of the feminine hygiene products, sometimes that just happens. it's hard keeping up with that kind of stuff at times. sometimes sista just don't want to go to the store to get 'em. meanwhile, if a brotha can make a sista pick up condoms (i hate THAT aisle) then brotha can scoop up some tampons. all that shit's natural.

i'm with you on the children being yelled at like they're adults and i'm glad you posted it, cuz that shit's got to be said. it pisses me off to NO END that some folk find it necessary to treat their kids in such a manner.

LMAO@if your dick is out, shut your mouth.

my pet peeves include:

guys who fart but got a problem with females farting (actually, ANY double standard a brotha puts out there is a pet peeve.)

folk who disagree with me but can't tell me why.

folk who start sentences with "i can't." all the damn time.

folk who are always friendly but are the first one to talk about other folk behind their backs.

folk who have no conversation other than to talk about people and/or inconsequential shit like whether or not angelina jolie's gonna breastfeed.

folk who are aiight with letting someone else do all the damn work, then step in to take all the credit.

uh...let me stop before i hit eleven of these and you call me out on it...

Wed Mar 01, 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ d~ finding a new barber sux. I had one for a few years then he closed his shop. I been floating for the last year but I can't find the right one.

@ b.b. B.A.N. was a collaborative effort and read it again, you are in the list somewhere. LOL

@ nikki - you know I was counting your shit to make sure you didnt hit 11. The no conversation thing was actually on my list, but it got too long.

Wed Mar 01, 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

one more wouldn't have hurt at that point. lol

Wed Mar 01, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I've officialy become a fan of your blog! I'm feelin' ya on: #1, 2, 4 & 6.

some of mine?

men who keep tryna talk about sex on the first date (you'll know what position I like if you ever get so lucky!! Damn!)

girls who complain their man "ain't got shit", when they're still living with their mamas, and have no job.

Bad breath

People who always have to play devil's advocate.

Playing a game with people who aren't as competitive as I am :)

People who just talk shit...you know the type, they are constantly talking...about nothing.

Wed Mar 01, 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't eat out all the time especially if i don't have funds...i am not a b.a.n....i don't smoke....i don't argue in public...no personal convo....my hair is not busted even on a bad day...i call once b/c you caller id if it is important i leave a message and that is one of my pet peeves....i don't bring up old shit i just remix it every now and then with diff people(not me).....i don't talk to you when you have you dick out.....i don't cut your hair....we don't go shopping together.....i never run out of tampons and futhermore would not send you of all people to get them for me b/c you have a sick sense of humor sometimes( i always keep a stash in my desk and purse) (i know TMI but had to clarify)...i don't have any kids......SO WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(bb)

Wed Mar 01, 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Blog!!!I agree with a lot of these and those tampons, like Nikki said sometimes you just forget.
and ummm you might want to get used to going shopping, if you don’t do it someone will.

My pet peeves

-A mommy who is dressed too fly with her weave, her Gucci bag and her babyphat outfit but baby looks like don’t nobody care.
-Overly pregnant girls in the club, or at the bar. We’ve seen it its sad
-people who can’t drive, ok forget about the fact that I’ve been in about 3 accidents, maybe I should say slow ass drivers.
-Judgmental ass people…those who think their shit smells so good that they can preach to the rest of the world. Misery loves company. Church folk included
-Niggaz who sit and let other people talk negative about their girl. Come on man what the fuck happened to your backbone.
-People who can’t decide anything for their selves. Do you really need a co-signer for everything?

Wed Mar 01, 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

lots of good stuff here.
First off Mocha, Thanks for coming back. Ain't nobody as competetive as me. Im issuing an open challenge to anyone who wanna play Madden or Scrabble. Ya'll can't see me.

b.b. you aint gotta try to take over the blog. I told you which # 1, i mean one you are. LMAO

Anonymous: Pregnant girls at the club? that's wild. And I totally feel you on the cosigner thing. What about those people who ask you for advice and then do the opposite? They get on my nerves.

Nikki: are you

Wed Mar 01, 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

oops, hit enter too soon. I was saying to Nikki, that's a pretty fucked up situation there.

And to all the women here, I got a question for you: What is the appeal of taking your man shopping with you? Please explain that to me.

Wed Mar 01, 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

uh, you really don't want to play me at scrabble. i'd hate for you to feel compelled to slash your own throat after i put the serious beat down on you. you might be able to beat me at madden, but i'd make it close, and i'd hand you your ass at tekken tag team or puzzle street fighter.

as for the appeal of taking my man shopping with me...i don't do alot of shopping, but if i take him it's cuz i like the idea of modeling clothes in front of him. he gets to see me in a variety of clothes, gets to see me at my sexy best, and can help me pick out an outfit that will knock his socks off.

and if we both end up in the changing booth...well, that's just an added bonus.

Wed Mar 01, 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to agree with nikki on her response to taking your man shopping....MEEEEEE-OW!!!!!(bb)

Wed Mar 01, 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Nikki, you're on point! tekken is the shit. But I'll send anyone crying home to their mama's with some scrabble too :D
And that is the only reason I wanna take my man shopping...besides, what if the zipper gets stuck? ;)

Wed Mar 01, 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

This list is spectacular!

Oh, my goodness. So many, yet so little time. I agree with what everyone says.

@ Mocha Girl: Love the devil's advocate one. You made me laugh so loud everyone came out looking at me.

Casanova: Gotta see my 'loaning money' post - you would love it!

But anyway, here's my list, like to hear it, hear it goes:

1. Vegetarians that eat more sweeats and carbs than us carnivore folks.

2. People who take a long time at the ATM. How many feature are on the screen, you're killing me here.

3. Folks that do not make out their checks before they get in front of the line (and you ain't slick, anyway, we know the deal with the writing checks, you're trying to stall), because other than that, who writes checks anymore. (except for some older folks, but that's them and they are not going to change, nor do I expect them to)

4. People who go to restaurants and order a plate of fried this, carb this, and a diet soda, are you kidding me?

5. Women who run around talking about they are strong and independent. Why don't you shut your piehole and let your actions speak for yourself. If you have a ph.D that has nothing to do with getting a man in your B.E.D.

T. Casanova - The Loaning Money Post is here:

http://pattyopolis.blogspot.com/2006/01/loaning-money.html

Wed Mar 01, 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

bb: you need to check out Mocha blog. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it

Wed Mar 01, 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

damn P that post was on point. I know exactly how you feel about that. I agree with your pet peeves too.

nikki- since you wanna get smart with me on your shit, Im gonna get smart with you on mine. Is it hard running 2 blogs at one time? You moderating my comments like your name is T.Casanova. LOL. but seriously thanks for all the comments, even the extremely long ones.

Mocha, I went to do your music quiz but what had happened was, I accidentally cheated and looked at the other answers. But I would have gotten like 8 out of 10 and the bonuses.

and to the all the ladies, I guess its cool if you make shopping an interactive event, but I have had experiences of just sitting outside the dressing room bored, trying not to look at the other women walking by. I guess I'll have to give it another try.

Wed Mar 01, 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

u went there, did you? question for you...how does it feel to have someone else moderating your blog? kinda like i pimped your shit cuz you couldn't handle the hard work. don't forget...

I might have took your first child
Scarred your life, crippled your style
I gave you power
I made you buck wild

Wed Mar 01, 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

in other words, i'm ya trigga, nigga.

Wed Mar 01, 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

It's sort of like the conclusion to "Color Purple"
Niggas is losing, confusion, with one time all pursuit moves in
Grabbing niggas up in this movement to rule shit
Cop verses the block, shorties is too quick
Lesson number one. If you're arrested and hung
Where niggas is from gotta keep a lid on your tongue
It's like silent murder, I hit blunts hard like Ray Mercer
the violent words of a prince in a palace of Persia.
The cognac plurger plus the trees,
but whose the faul one to make his nose take a freeze,
and got enough gold to rock ice in all hype.
Used to be a general but just lost his stripe
Pipe dreams and white feinds and all-nighters, collect calls from lifers
Astoria walls with cypress, since I got a problem with the law-writers,
I kick some more items just to explore horizons,
the palm lady dreamt of this day so I'ma play,
the crib close smokin' with the big toast and lay

They say the arms of Nicki Barnes would be enough to blast,
a lot of rich niggas fell and started pumping gas
Was it the mind of CIA that bumped off Malik Shabazz
Fuck what they teach in class I'ma reach the mass
Strap up, no back up, it's jungle tactics
Livin' practice, out of line niggas get smacked backwards
So wear it if the cap fits, fold it up money and mad clips
A stack right under my matress
To smoke a nigga like a Hugh Bros. motion picture
Niggas gettin' open cruise, won't be olding niggas
April fools they laugh the jokes on the benches
Cease outside my nigga spoke on his sentence

Wed Mar 01, 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

you are not quoting Nas to ME!

"T is like.." Earth Wind & Fire, rims and tires
Bulletproof glass, inside is the realest driver
Planets in orbit, line em up with the stars
Tarot cards, you can see the pharaoh Cas(anova)
"T is like.." Iron Mike, messiah type
Before the Christ, after the death
The last one left, let my cash invest in stock
Came a along way from blastin, techs on blocks
Went from Seiko to Rolex, ownin acres
From the projects with no chips, to large cake dough
Dimes, givin fellatio, siete zeros
Bet my nine spit for the pesos
But what's it all worth, can't take it when you under this Earth
Rich men died and tried, but none of it worked
They just rob your grave, I'd rather be alive and paid
Before my number's called, history's made
Some'll fall, but I rise, thug or die
Makin choices, that determine my future under the sky
To rob steal or kill, I'm wondering why
It's a dirty game, is any man worthy of fame?
Much to success to ya, even if you wish me the opposite
Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is

Wed Mar 01, 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Dang...yall are somthin else! Actually, I call BROKE ASS NIGGAS - B.A.N.s - it still applies!

Ok, here's mine...

1. When people put their dishes in the sink without scraping off the last of their food. NOBODY wants to stand at the sink scrubbing crusty, dried food off of a plate for an hour.

2. When people move shit and DON'T PUT IT BACK WHERE THEY FOUND IT! That REALLY irks me out. Especially if its MY shit!

3. When my boss comes into my office and onto MY side of my desk to talk to me...DAMN WOMAN, ever heard of PERSONAL SPACE?

4. When the driver in front of me is making a left turn, but doesn't pull far enough into the intersection - I have no idea why that bothers me...it just DOES.

5. When strange people on the train feel the need to sit near me and start a conversation with me for no reason.

6. When my stepson, JUSTIN X, gives me that dumb glazed over look when I'm bustin him out for something he so-called "forgot" to do.

7. When my husband says, "HUH?" and I wasn't even talking (to him or anyone else).

8. When the phone rings at work (or if I have to get up from my desk). People act like I'm supposed to be WORKING here or something! HAHAHA...

9. When P tells me she's rollin out with me (or coming over) and FLAKES! hehehe...

10. When someone tags me in blogland for one of those damn lists!!

Wed Mar 01, 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

@ Casanova
Sure, sure..you know no one has gotten the bonuses right? and here I was thinking you were competitive!

Ok for real, I have one more pet peeve to add, because it just happened:
people who leave a voicemail saying "hey it's me...." and don't leave their name. I don't wanna play Inspector Gadget and try and figure out who it is, just leave your name!

Wed Mar 01, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ nikki. I didnt know anyone knew about Silent Murder. props on the obscure Nas selection.

@Tam the personal space is a real issue. I mean just take a few steps back and then talk. I also feel you on the phone ringing. I never answer my work phone unless I know who it is and what its about

@ Mocha: I just posted your info about Jon B.
http://www.jonbmusic.com/intro.htm

Wed Mar 01, 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

GOod Post>>>>NICe blog..Refresing to a get a males perspective......Good look
But its the reverse for me I find I hafta CHASE people to give them the money I owe them espceially my landlord...

Thu Mar 02, 04:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Pre owned audi Graphics cards radeon 9250 mg cialis 2004 porsche 911 turbo cabriolet Boating 3pack Necrosis plastic surgery cabinet display mounted wall Stephen king dolan's cadillac Rapid detox vicodin

Wed Feb 07, 01:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home