Sunday, February 19, 2006

Addiction

It was a small thing really. It didn't bother me that much. At least at first. But the more I thought about it, it summed up what I already knew. I had a moment of clarity. I have to break my addiction. I say addiction because that's all it is. I had to have it. It made me feel good in the past and it still makes me feel good now. But like any addiction it isn't good for my future. Kanye said "why everything supposed to be bad makes me feel so good/everything they told me not to was exactly what I would/ And I tried to stop man, I tried the best I could/ but you (make me smile with my heart.)" It was my vice and I have to get away from it for my health. I think I've finally gained the strength to let it go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy is growing up, it will be ok...i know what you are talking about and we will talk later...bb

Mon Feb 20, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

this was a breakthrough moment for you. i'm glad you were able to find clarity for yourself.

Mon Feb 20, 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ accomplice: this post is about my addiction to my relationship with the ex that I was writing about last week. And yeah, I read your blog everyday, so I had to link you. I hope thats okay. I forgot to ask.

@ nikki: "I go through episodes too like attack of the clones." Talib Kweli "Just to get by"

@ bb: just so you know, I'll see you, but I probably wont talk about it.

Tue Feb 21, 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all good, i know enough

Tue Feb 21, 01:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all good, i know enough

Tue Feb 21, 01:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home