Monday, May 22, 2006

No Clever Title Today

Right about now, I should be at The Roots concert, but I didn't make it. My pink eye is finally healing, but I'm still not at 100%, so i decided to skip it. I got this new thing, (that I will not post pictures of) where the skin around my eye is all inflamed, dry and red. Its not a good look. I'll catch The Roots the next time they come to the A, although I am dissappointed that I'm gonna miss Talib Kweli and Jean Grae. I wound up giving my ticket away and just staying home to watch the 2 hour season finale of 24.

Let me tell you about my interesting weekend. It started out Friday after work when I finally got a haircut. It was growing uncontrollably and I was starting to get that Phillip Michael Thomas curly afro thing on my head. On my way home from the barbershop, my homie K (who will from this point on be called Collipark, because she thinks the name K is too boring) called me and invited me to get some food and liquor with the crew. I went home and watched the end of the Pistons-Cavaliers game and sipped on some Smirnoff. After them damn Pistons won, I rolled with Chi town and Mario to Bahama Breeze in Kennesaw to meet Collipark and her fiance. So we drank and ate and talked shit and then went home. Nothing too exciting but I was looking forward to just chilling on Saturday.

The next day, I was awakened at 8 AM by a phone call from work. I brushed it off and went back to sleep, but then I got another call at 9 and another one at 9:45. So I was like "F*ck it, I'm up now!" I still didnt plan on doing anything, so I watched some tv (Deadwood and Entourage on HBO On Demand) and played around on the computer. I had a nice lazy Saturday. I didnt even wash my ass until 10 PM. Collipark and Chi town were going to a party that night, so I knew I was free from having to be social that night. Then it happened.

I almost didn't tell this story b/c the person in question reads my blog from time to time. But then I decided that this is my shit and I'll talk about what I want to. Around 3:30 in the morning, I get a call from Chi-Town asking me to pick her up. Of course, I ask why and she proceeds to tell me that the other people at the party think she is too drunk to drive home. I can hear the drunkiness in her voice, so I decide to go get her. The only problem, she is in East Point, which is about 30 minutes away. Chi-Town then starts telling me more information in her drunken state. "They say I tried to run someone over" and "these fools done busted out my windshield" At this point, I just wanna get her and take her home before some more crazy stuff happens. I don't know the whole story and I don't really wanna know. Its too freakin late for this conversation. I finally get there and I see Chi sitting on her car next to a police officer. I have a natural fear of the police and even though I am completely legal, I start looking around my car looking for contraband. I even put out the Black & Mild just in case he thought I was smoking something else. I park on the street and Chi-Town comes running to the car. Lo and behold, (what does that mean anyway) before she makes it to the car, she falls and busts her ass on the concrete. Her immediate response was "I'm not drunk." Okay, whatever you say.

I sit her down in the car and talk to the police officer. To his credit, he was cool. He told me that he was going to let Chi-town drive home with me trailing her until he saw her fall. I went to get her keys and purse out her car and look up and Chi-Town is out of my car and back over by her car. I'm thinking to myself, "shit, will you just stay in the car?" But she decides that she wants to tell me everything that happened. This is what I was able to piece together from Chi-Town's drunk ramblings and the police officer's report. Apparently, Collipark took her keys so she couldnt leave (friends dont let friends drive drunk) but she somehow got them back. The hostess of the party sat on the hood of the car so Chi-Town couldn't leave. That didn't deter Chi, because she took off driving while the girl was sitting on the car and almost ran her over. The hostess' husband then busted out her windshield with a tire iron to get her to stop driving.

After about 10 minutes, (its now 4:15 AM), I was finally able to coax Chi-Town into my car by promising to take her to get her car first thing in the morning. The whole ride home, she was cursing out the hostess and "her thug husband" for breaking the window. Talking about suing, and beating ass and taking shit to the streets. I was just trying to pay attention the road and get home safely. I still only had one contact lens in, and it was late as hell. So we get back to the crib, and I'm trying to walk her to her apartment (we live in the same complex) and Chi refuses to go home. So I am standing in the parking lot at 4:45am trying to convince an angry drunk to go home, so I can catch some Z's. Finally, I let her come to my crib to sleep it off, mostly b/c I didnt want any more police interactions that night.

Sunday morning, Chi-town wakes me up at 9:00 AM to go get her car. I curse her out and tell her to leave me alone. She then comes back every 15 minutes until I get up. She was still smelling like alcohol and i was still tired as hell. I realized that Chi wasn't going to leave me alone until I took her to get her car. So, I took another 30 minute ride to East Point. When I saw the car in the daylight, it looked even worse. Here's a picture of the busted up windshield.

After that, I went home and tried to go back to bed, but i was too annoyed to sleep. I decided to do some grocery shopping. The only food I had in my house was a pack of waffles and some canned vegetables, so I hit up Kroger. I got home and watched Scary Movie 4 on my computer and finally crashed on my couch. Then the phone calls began. First my mother called while I was sleeping. I went back to sleep and my friend from Cali called. Immediately after I hung up with her, Collipark called. Immediately after I hung up with her, my friend Tweety called. While I was on the phone with her, Jessica called. When I got done talking to Jessica, Chi-Town called. I seriously plotted ways to murder my phone. (I know, I should have just turned it off, but I wasnt thinking straight.) I realized that sleep wasnt in the cards, so I got up and watched some more TV.

Bottom line is every weekend that I plan to do nothing, stuff seems to find a way of ruining my plans. I really tried to get some rest and come back to work refreshed, but it just didnt happen. At least I got a 3 day weekend coming up. I wonder what drama will find me this weekend.

It was written...

20 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

the crew you hang out with is...memorable...in that "please help me to forget, lawd" kinda way.

Tue May 23, 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger chele said...

too much drama, man. I feel bad about Chi's car but it could have been a lot worse if she had driven that 30 minutes in her condition.

Tue May 23, 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger cupcake27 said...

wow i am BLOWN!!!!!!

Tue May 23, 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

"I have a natural fear of the police and even though I am completely legal, I start looking around my car looking for contraband. I even put out the Black & Mild just in case he thought I was smoking something else."

I am the same way...

*lol* @ Lo and behold...*lol*

Tue May 23, 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Some people shouldn't drink...
That shit was crazy...*lol*

Tue May 23, 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Wow T. It seems like a dramatic weekend for ya. That car is messed up, but still, like Chele said it could've been A LOT worse.

And look at you going to pick Chi up at 3:30 in the morning! Hope you got a thank you for that...

Tue May 23, 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ nikki - I know, I miss Jessica. I told her that stuff like this didnt happen when she was here

@ liqour and tv - how bout she gonna see them at work today. and see I left that part I was telling you out.

@ chele - I tried to tell her that, but she still wont accept it

@ cupcake - I hope you had fun that night

@ nsane - yeah, drank aint for everybody

@ mocha- she's mad at me b/c I told her the truth that she was drunk and needs to let that shit go

Tue May 23, 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

funny thinbg happen to me on the way to the opera(ROOTS CONCERT) SA and Dallas game seven

Tue May 23, 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Man it goes down every weekend huh...sounds like the people I hang with something always happens but we've never had a windshield busted from a drunk night..now a flat tire and getting lost in bmore but that's about it lol

Tue May 23, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger cupcake27 said...

i had fun, however i saw the beginning go down and your girl k was trying to get her to chill and she would drive her and she was not having that she was like i'm straight i am a professional!!! sometime you need to take responsibilty for your actions and say enough is enough i did not drive but the person i came with knew his limit and did not want to put my life at risk and he gets drunk all of the time and you know you can't deal with angry drunks so they will be mad but at least they will still be alive to be mad the next day

Tue May 23, 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

looks like you need some new friends cause I'd be like damn I can create my own drama. Folks know not to call me with no mess...

Tue May 23, 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

Dang T Cas, poor girl had to face everyone at work today. How embarrassing. And yes, I see you left the rest of it out...LOL!

Tue May 23, 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

SO whats gonna happen wif her windshield? Ida been pissed cuz my insurance would prolly charge me the $500 deductible..who's gonna pay that?

Tue May 23, 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang man. At least you weren't with her that night....you might have ended up with another swollen eye while trying to protect from the hostess' thug husband.

I'm blown for you...

Tue May 23, 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

hold up@torrence...was that you behind me with your hand on my hip?!?

Tue May 23, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ torrance - that was a good ass game.

@ honey libra - every weekend it seems its something. I need to just get away.

@ cupcake - I already talked to you about this, but I'm glad you didnt get caught up in the drama

@ stiltwalker - maybe I just need to revert to my anti social tendencies

@ liquor and tv - she didnt go to work today and don't plan on going all week.

@ free agent - I checked her out tonight, the window is fixed. I think thats out of pocket.

@ chris - it is what it is? thats my favorite saying.

@ cocoa - nah, I don't fight, I'm too old and pretty for that. LOL

@ nikki - what I tell you about flirting with other guys on my blog? LOL

@ tigerkiss- I try to be a good friend, but it dont always work out in my favor. She mad at me now.

Wed May 24, 02:55:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I tell you about T.Cas and his dramatic friends...:-) Seems like my friends. I guess our groups can never come together although I am too mad at the windshield! That's a "when I get sober I'm beating ass" moment although why did ol girl have the bright idea to actually sit on the car? Like Chi-Town (Ima assume she from the Chi because of the name *lol* and the fact thats a very Chi-Town thing to do...)

Wed May 24, 08:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too old and pretty for that.

Hahahaha...

Thu May 25, 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes everyone, that was an eventful weekend. And can you believe that she thinks we are in the wrong regarding the situation. While the drama people go through when you try to help others out.

Fri May 26, 08:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops...Just ignore the "While".

Fri May 26, 08:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home