Sunday, May 07, 2006

T. Casanova's Music Quiz: The Old School Hip Hop Version Pt 1.

***EDIT*** BLAH BLAH BLAH got all 20 right!!! Check her out. I think I need to make this harder next time. Why did everyone think that #7 was MC HAMMER? Here are the answers.


Same rules as last time. No cheating!!! I got like 20 more lyrics for the quiz but I decided to break it up in 2 parts. Good Luck!!!

1. How here's a little story - I've got to tell
About three bad brothers - you know so well
BEASTIE BOYS "PAUL REVERE"

2. I met this girl, when I was ten years old
And what I loved most she had so much soul
COMMON "I USED TO LOVE H.E.R."

3. Well I'm peepin, and I'm creepin, and I'm creep-in
But I damn near got caught, cause my beeper kept beepin
DR DRE AND SNOOP "AIN'T NUTHIN BUT A G-THANG"

4. Day by day it's more impossible to cope
I feel like I'm the one that's doing dope
GETO BOYS "MINDS PLAYING TRICKS ON ME"

5. Black cat is bad luck, bad guys wear black
Musta been a white guy who started all that
3RD BASS "GAS FACE"

6. I walked past these dudes when they passed me
One of 'em felt my booty, he was nasty
QUEEN LATIFAH "U.N.I.T.Y"

7.Prayyyyyyy, and we pray and we pray, and we pray, and we pray
Everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday
BONE THUGS N HARMONY "CROSSROADS"

8.I'm a freak I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
DIGITAL UNDERGROUND "HUMPTY DANCE"

9. I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe
HOUSE OF PAIN "JUMP AROUND"

10. When you say you love me, it doesn't matter.
It goes to my head as just chit chatter
MC LYTE "PAPER THIN"

11. P-I, M-P, ology, but logically
We learnin these hoes biology, and obviously, well...
DO OR DIE "PO PIMP"

12. Here's a little somethin' bout a nigga like me
never shoulda been let out the penititary
NWA "GANGSTA GANGSTA"

13. so while you imitatin' Al Capone
I be Nina Symone and defecating on your microphone
FUGEES "READY OR NOT"

14. a room of teachers, parents, and preachers
a principal and one kid dress in sneakers
LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL "CASE OF THE PTA"

15. I flow like a monthly you can't cramp my style
For those that try to punk me here's a Pamprin child
LADY OF RAGE "AFRO PUFFS"

16. I saw a pretty girl So I sat beside her
Then she went roar like she was Tony the Tiger
DOUGIE FRESH AND GET FRESH CREW "THE SHOW"

17. Called up the homies and I'm askin y'all
Which park, are y'all playin basketball?
Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
ICE CUBE "IT WAS A GOOD DAY"

18. This ain't got shit to do wit shampoo, but watch your head n shoulders
NAUGHTY BY NATURE "HIP HOP HOORAY"

19. I don't recall, ever graduatin at all
Sometimes I feel I'm just a disappointment to y'all
OUTKAST AND GOODIE MOB "GIT UP, GIT OUT"

20. I'm your idol, the highest title, numero uno
I'm not a Puerto Rican, but I'm speakin so that you know
SPECIAL ED "I GOT IT MADE"

It was written...

25 Comments:

Blogger muffins gone WILD! said...

wow you just took me back and i was jammin to each and every one of them! CTFU @ #3

i DO know the artist/title to every question but i don't have time to write err.. type it all. i just meant to lurk on your site!

Mon May 08, 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger cupcake27 said...

1. Paul Revere- Beastie boys
2. common (can’t remember the song but I just saw brown sugar last night for the 1000th time
3. G thang- snoop and dr dre
4. today was a good day- ice cube
5. gas face- 3rd bass
6. unity- queen latifa
7. Pray- mc hammer
8. humpty dance- digital underground
9. jump aroung- cypress hill
10. paper thin- mc lyte
11. pimp- do or die
12. ?
13. ready or not- fugees
14. case of pta- lotns
15. afro puffs- rage
16. the show- doug e fresh
17. today was a good day- ice cube
18. ?
19. git up- outkast
20. I got it made- special ed

Mon May 08, 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger chele said...

I'm pulling the 'old' card again. I'm totally guessing ...

2 - Common
6 - Latifah?
7 - Hammer? (Is he considered hip-hop)
13 - Da Brat
16 - Slick Rick

Mon May 08, 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

1. Damn Damn Damn! I know this!
2. Dre--G.Thang
3.nope
4.nope
5.nope
6. Latifah-UNITY
7. MC Hammer-PRAY LMAO
8. Digital Underground-Humpty Dance
9.nope
10. nope
11. I KNOW THIS!! DAMN!
12.nope
13. Fugees (with L. Boggie, not Ms. Hill) Ready or Not.
14.-20 nope

I am so ashamed right now. You got me T!Imma turn in my Hip Hop Card right now.

Mon May 08, 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Just to let you know, there is no Hammer on my list... I'll go over the rest of the answers later.

Mon May 08, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

well damn.

i ain't gonna do this one cuz i'll just intimidate everyone with my knowledge. LOL

Mon May 08, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

As you know T, i'm no hip hop head, but I was surprised at how many I knew (at least I think I do):

1) Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
2) Ahhh- love this song - she was old school, when I was just a shorty Common - Used to love Her
3) Dr. Dre - Nothin' But a G thang
4) ? - Mind playin' tricks
5) ?
6) THe QUEEN! U.N.I.T.Y
7) Ok, that is not MC Hammer guys that's that's bone thugs- Meet me at the Crossroads...don't you remember that video?
8)Digital Underground - Humpty Dance
9) Jump Around
10)?
11)?
12)NWA - can't remember what song...
13) Fugees - Ready or Not
14)?
15) rough and stuff with my Afro Puffs
16) The Roots?
17)?
18) Naughty by Nature- Hip Hop Hurray!
19) This is one of my all time fav jamz! You got to get up get out and get somethin'! That's Outkast and Cee-lo
20)?

Ok T, give me points for tryin'

Mon May 08, 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger cupcake27 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon May 08, 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger cupcake27 said...

number 4- gheto mind is playing tricks and number 7 bone and B.I.G

Mon May 08, 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

1. Beast Boys - Paul Revere
2. Common - I Used to Love H.E.R.
3. Dr. Dre - G-Thang
4. Ghetto Boys - My Minds Playing Tricks On Me
5. 3rd Base - Gas Face
6. Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y.
7. Bone Thugs - Meet Me at the Crossroads
8. Digital Underground - Humpty Dance
9. House of Pain - Jump Around
10. MC Lyte - Paper Thin
11. Do or Die - Po Pimp
12. NWA - Gangsta Gangsta
13. Fugees - Ready or Not
14. L.O.N.S - A Case of the PTA
15. Lady of Rage - Afro Puffs
16. Dougy Fresh & Slick Rick - The Show
17. Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day
18. Naughty by Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
19. OutKast - Get UP, Get Out
20. Special Ed - I Got it Made

Mon May 08, 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

So I came over here too late but I like this quiz, lots of ol' skool...Got 13/20 correct (according to the answers I read here). Looked at #1 and was thinking,
Now here's a little story
I gots to tell
About the first rap b*tch
To rock Channel

Taught you how to get money
And pop the style
Even gave yall tips
On riding d*ck as well


...but that wasnt it

LUUVING this post!

Mon May 08, 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH is queen of the hip hop post. She got all 20 right. I'm gonna have to make this harder next time.

Mon May 08, 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Next time, Ima use Google!

Mon May 08, 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger unsaid said...

I'm feeling all good cuz I knew most of these and I don't consider myself a hip-hop head, I just love music. I'm over here singing and dancing and finishing the verses in my head. Good times...

Mon May 08, 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Not too hard! The rest of us still need a chance..lol..

Mon May 08, 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

2. I Used to Love Her..Common
3. Dre Day..Dr. Dre
4. Mind Playing Tricks on Me..Geto Boys
6.UNITY-Latifah
7.MC Hammer
8.Digital Underground
9.Jump Around-House of Pain
11. Po Pimp-Do or Die
13. Fugees
16. I saw a pretty girl So I sat beside her
Then she went roar like she was Tony the Tiger

17.Today is a Good Day-Cube
18. HipHop Hooray

I did my very best....

Mon May 08, 02:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd I do?

1. Run DMC (name unknown)
2. I used to Love Her, Common
3. 187, Dre and Snoop
4. Mind's Playin Tricks on Me, Getto Boys
5. Fight the Power, Public Enemy
6.
7. Crossroads, Bone Thugs and Harmony
8. The Humpty Dance, Digital Underground
9. Jump Around, House of Pain
10. MC Lyte
11. Po' Pimp (do or die)
12.
13. Ready or Not, Fugees
14.
15.
16.
17.Today was a Good Day, Ice Cube
18.
19. Git Up, Git Out, OutKast
20. I Got It Made, Special Ed

Mon May 08, 04:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I meant Dre Day for #3!!!!

Mon May 08, 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

lol...yeah, I'm not a hip hop head either, but I knew most of them too! Long live OLD SCHOOL hip hop!!!

Ok, I'm mad that you left out BEAT STREET! HAHAHAHAHA Now THAT'S old school!!!

Mon May 08, 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

btw, please change my link...there's some bootleg person using my old name.

Mon May 08, 05:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#15 - Afro Puffs, Rage????

Mon May 08, 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

once again you suck T. Cas :-)

6. u.n.i.t.y--queen latifah
7. pray-mc hammer
8. humpty dance- digital underground
11. po' pimp--do or die (funny story about this song and me by the way)

**shakes fist** you know Im not really a rap/hip hop head!!

Tue May 09, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

I'm mad I missed this

Fri May 12, 02:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Gay men nipples recover data from xp disk car dvd padvd-160 Golf r32 Fico news 00 disk recovery Cobra esd9101 radar detector http://www.data-recovery-softwares.info/Cracked-version-norton-ghost-9-recovery-disk-downl.html undelete software windows mono sexy foot Hard disk recovery file st5 hair loss treatment unformat mtss valium mastercard Cancel cancer treatment stylus digital printing Protonix and stomach polyps Old dos data recovery tool

Wed Feb 07, 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Musicology said...

music production courses in Delhi
Courses music production
production music courses
production courses music

Wed Feb 12, 07:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home