Monday, May 15, 2006

T. Casanova's Music Quiz: The Old School Hip Hop Version PT 2

Nikki got most of them right, Here are all the answers:

Heres the final installment of the Music Quiz series. Please no googling or stealing other peoples answers. Have fun!

1. I'm the pinnacle that means I reign supreme
And I'm notorious I'll crush you like a jelly bean

LL COOL J - "I'm Bad"

2.Two years ago, a friend of mine
Asked me to say some MC rhymes
So I said this rhyme I'm about to say
The rhyme was Def a-then it went this way

RUN DMC "Sucka MC's"

3. Kid Sensation dropped a $20, and didn't even miss it
skeeza from anotha' crew, she picked it up and kissed it

SIR MIX A LOT "My Posse's On Broadway"

4. "Nigga, please, you work for UPS"

BIZ MARKIE "Vapors"

5. To the average MC I'm known as The Terminator
Funky beat maker, new jack exterminator

EPMD "You Gotz Ta Chill"

6. I'm a b-boy Standin in my b-boy stance
Hurry up and give me the microphone before I bust in my pants

ONYX "Slam"

7. Dial the seven digits, call up Bridgette
Her man's a midget; plus she got friends, yo, I can dig it

Souls of Mischief "93 til Infinity"

8. Hey Mr. Bigshot... hey, don't you look fly?
But you don't have a nickle... ohhhh, my my my
You've been fightin again and, you forgot why
Hey kid, walk straight, master your high

Slick Rick "Hey Young World"

9. cos fools be havin' them vaccum lungs,
an if you let 'em hit it for free, you hella "dum-dum-dum-dum"

Luniz "I Got 5 On It"

10. She thought my name was Barry,
I told her it was Gary
She said she didn't like it so she chose to call me Larry
She said she'd love to marry, my baby she would carry
And if she had a baby, she'd name the baby Harry

UTFO "Roxanne, Roxanne"

11. When the cop pulled me over I was scared as hell
I said, "I don't have a license but I drive very well, officer"

Will Smith "Parents Just Don't Understand"

12. Mirror mirror on the wall
Tell me mirror what is wrong?

De La Soul "Me Myself and I"

13. “I like the whopper fuck the Big Mac”

Rob Base and EZ Rock "It Takes Two"

14. One, and here comes the two to the three and four
Then I drop the beat I have in store

The D.O.C. "It's Gettin Funky"

15. And battlin' me is hazardous to health,
so put a quarter in your ass, cuz ya played yourself

Marley Marl "The Symphony" (Big Daddy Kane's verse)

16. You'd better change what comes out your speaker
You're better off talkin bout your wack Puma sneaker
Cause Bronx created hip-hop, Queens will only get dropped
You're still tellin lies to me

Boogie Down Productions "The Bridge is Over"

17. I got a question -- it's serious as cancer
Who can keep the average dancer
hyper as a heart attack, nobody smilin
Cause you're expressin, the rhyme that I'm stylin

Eric B and Rakim "I Ain't No Joke"

18. As I look up at the sky
My mind starts trippin, a tear drops my eye

Snoop Doggy Dogg "Murder Was Tha Case"

19. Don't you know I'm too young for you, mister?
Sally from the Valley - she's my sister

Salt N Pepa "The Showstoppers"

20. I never ever ran from the Ku Klux Klan
And I shouldn't have to run from a Black Man

Kool Moe Dee on "Self Destruction"

It was written...

20 Comments:

Blogger NegroPino™ said...

HEy IM first.......

1. LL COOL J
2. Run DMC
4. Biz Markie
9. LUniz
11. Fresh Prince
12. De La Soul
13. ROb Base
14. DOC
20. Self Destruction but I odnt remember whos part that was...

Mon May 15, 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Lemme try:
1) I'm bad - LL Cool J
2) Sucka MC's - Run DMC
3) ?
4) Vapors-Biz Markie
5) You gotsa chill - EPMD
6) SLAM - Onyx
7) ?
8) Young World?-Slick Rick
9) I got five on it - Luniz
10)?
11) Parent's just don't understand -Fresh Prince
12)?
13) it takes two to make a thing go riiiight lol-Rob Base & EZ Rock
14)?
15)?
16) The Bridge is over
17) I ain't no joke - Rakim?
18) ?
19) ? - Salt n' Peppa
20) Self destruction - i know KRS and Doug E. Fresh was on it, but I can't remember everyone else.

Mon May 15, 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

Glad to see you can crack open that eye (saw the pics...aww poor baby) to see the keyboard but obviously NOT enough to give ME a break!!

I don't think I know not ONE of these!! Damn Ima have to resort to illegal downloads (yet again) to see if I remember any of these..

*shakes fist while uploading mp3 files**

Mon May 15, 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Ok I only got two that haven't been answered.

7) '93 until infinity --Souls of Mischief. I love that song.

18) Murder was the case that gave me -- Snoop Dog. I dated a dude obsessed with all things Snoop.

Can't wait for the answers. Some of them are right there, but I can't remember the song.

Mon May 15, 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

HA!!! I know what #18 is now...MURDER WAS THE CASE -SNOOP

Mon May 15, 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I know that I have heard all these at one time or another ... I just don't know the song titles or the artists. Except maybe:

1. LL Cool J
13. Rob Base
20. I thought this was PE but maybe not ...

Mon May 15, 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

1.Im Bad-LL
2.Sucker MCs-Run DMC
3.?
4.?-BizMarkie
5.You Gots to Chill-EPMD
6.Slam!-Onyx
7.?
8.Hey Young World-Slick Rick
9.?
10.Roxanne Roxanne-UTFO
11.Parents Just Dont Understand-Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
12.?
13.Ya Bad-Chubb Rock
14.Everybody in the Club Getting Tipsy-JKwon
15.?
16.The Bridge is Over-KRS1
17.?-Big Daddy Kane
18.?
19.?
20.Self Destruction-Various but this line was KoolMoeDee

Mon May 15, 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Aggrrrh! How could I not get #12!??!?!

12.Me Myself and I-DeLaSoul
What I do aint make believe
People say I sit and try
But when it comes to being DeLa
Its just Me Myself and I



(my #13 is wrong too, but that doesnt upset me as much as #12 that was my JAM!!!)

Mon May 15, 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

1. i'm bad - ll cool j
2. sucka mcs - run dmc
3. sir mix-a-lot - my posse's on broadway
4. vapors - da biz
5. u gotz ta chill - epmd
6. slam - onyx
7. til infinity - souls of mischief
8. hey young world - slick rick
9. that song sampling the song 'rumors' by timex social club...i got five on it?
10. roxanne - utfo
11. parents just don't understand - fresh prince, dj jazzy jeff
12. me, myself, and i - de la soul
13. ya bad - chubb rock
14. gettin funky - the doc
15. symphony - big daddy kane, master ace, craig g, kool g rap, marley marl
16. bridge is ova - krs1
17. i ain't no joke - eric b and rakim
18.
19. showstopper - salt n'peppa
20. self destruction - kool mo dee from that collab by all the hip hop artists.

Mon May 15, 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

looks like they've all been answered, but why did I think number 11 was Pharcyde (Please don't pull me over Mr. Officer)? I'm crazy

Mon May 15, 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ my posts:

Yeah T Cas they gave Tenacious the boot...for being drunk...in a club..that makes hella money off the bar...which serves alcohol.

@ Ex boyfriend...I should do that but that might incriminate me as well :-) Ima just upstage the bride, like, "Hmmpt this coulda been all yours but you chose otherwise..." *lol* That or Ima scream out, "Un Uh you can't marry her you know I'm carrying your baby!"
*LOL*

Mon May 15, 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I remember some of these...
but I couldn't EVEN tell you who sings them and all.
I am not really a hip hop head, but just the fact that you
have such a knowledge of music-
*makes me wanna* ... now YOU fill in the blank!

Tue May 16, 07:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it! Darn it!

Pls visit me when you can...the ladies are not representing at all!

Tue May 16, 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I missed Me myself and I?? Really?

(Hangin' my head in shame)

Tue May 16, 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I totally lunched on this....I am just now seeing it...dammit all to hell!!! LOL

umma, that eye....umma, it's sick!

hugs and kisses

Tue May 16, 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Dang, I missed it....

Tue May 16, 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Damn! Nikki was on point with this post huh?

I really like this! I new a few of them, but I’m a day late and a dollar short….I really used to be crazy about UTFO back in the day. I still have some of their songs on one of my old school CDs.

Tue May 16, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Tafari said...

How often will you be doing this???

Wed May 17, 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

yeah...I wouldn't have gotten any of those correct. LOL.

I hope you're feeling better!
SRae

Wed May 17, 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Honda cbr400rr Benefits+of+online+conferencing+technology La jolla rv camping

Thu Apr 26, 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home