Monday, May 01, 2006

T. Casanova's Music Quiz: The Slow Jam Version

*****EDIT******11:46 PM 5/1/06

SO FAR NIKKI AND COCOA GIRL ARE IN THE LEAD WITH 13 CORRECT ANSWERS EACH. I HAVE POSTED THE ANSWERS TO THE ONES YOU GUYS GOT RIGHT IN BLUE. I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE GOT NUMBER 3. I'M SURE (THAT'S A HINT) NO ONE WILL GET # 11. iI DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL GUESS #7 AND #19. I'LL LEAVE THIS UP ONE MORE DAY TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN GET THESE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE HINTS. THANKS FOR PLAYING.

As promised, here is part one of the music quiz. Special thanks to my homegirl Chi-Town (and the Bacardi) for helping me come up with the hot R&B joints. Here are the rules: I've posted lyrics to some songs and I need you to give me the song title and the artist name in the comment section. All of these songs are from 10 years ago or longer. No cheating!!! Don't be looking up the lyrics on the internet or stealing other peoples answers. This is for pride only so don't be trying to be so damn competitive (I'm talking to you Nikki and Mocha!)


1. I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way
ANSWER: SWV "WEAK"

2. It never really mattered too much to me
that you were just too damned old for me
ANSWER: READY FOR THE WORLD "LOVE YOU DOWN"

3. And my heart will be the pathway
I'm searching for a love that 's ever more.
ANSWER: TROOP SPREAD MY WINGS

4. Kissin' you is not enough for me
You know I'm a big boy, and big boys have desires
ANSWER: RAPHAEL SAADIQ "ALL I ASK OF YOU"

5. All summer long we've been together
And I never felt so good
Cuz when I'm with you
You're such a good time (yes it is)
ANSWER: HI FIVE "I LIKE (THE KISSING GAME)"

6. Don't tell your friends that I don't mean nothin to ya
Please don't deny the truth
ANSWER: MINT CONDITION "BREAKIN' MY HEART (PRETTY BROWN EYES)"

7. Don't be afraid of the way you feel
Open your heart and you'll see it's real
SKYY - REAL LOVE

8. From the first time I saw your face
Girl, I knew I had to have you
I wanted to wrap you with my warm embrace
Visions of your lovely face
ANSWER: GUY "LET'S CHILL"

9. You know you had me
With your sensous charm
Yet you looked so alarmed
As I walked on by
ANSWER: DEBARGE "LOVE ME IN A SPECIAL WAY"

10. C'mon in and close the door
I've got what you're looking
Dim the lights, unplug the phone
And turn the radio on
ANSWER: CHANGING FACES "STROKE YOU UP"

11. Roses are red and violets are blue
Love is blind and I don't know what to do(When you're)
With me you see that I have no fears
But when you leave me all I can say is
ANSWER: AL B. SURE "OOH THIS LOVE IS SO..."

12. But you go hide, and let me seek
Let me be the one to make you weak
ANSWER: SUBWAY FEAT. 702 "THIS LIL GAME WE PLAY"

13. The music is low The lights are dim, there we lie
Passion overflows With every look in your eyes
Infatuation, lust And a lot of love
ANSWER: BOYZ II MEN "OOH AAH"

14. Everytime I close my eyes
I wake up feelin' so horny
I can't get you outta my mind
Sexin' you be all I see
ANSWER: JODECI "FREEK'N YOU"


15. Last night, we had an argument. You told me you love me.
All the things that I said, I never meant, no baby.
I didn't mean to make you cry.
I didn't mean to make you say, "bye, bye, bye"
ANSWER: SILK "LOSE CONTROL"

16. I'll take good care of you That's what a man is supposed to do
And I'll be there for you all the time
Let your hair down Let me get you in the mood
ANSWER: QUINCY JONES AND THEM "SECRET GARDEN"

17. Temperatures rising, And Your body's yearnin' for me.
Girl, lay it on me,
I place no one above thee,
Oh, take me to your ecstasy.
ANSWER: R. KELLY "SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE READY"

18. In the thunderin' rain
You stare into my eyes
I can feel your hands
Moving up my thighs
Skirt around my waist
Wall against my face
I can feel your lips
ANSWER: JANET JACKSON - "ANYTIME ANYPLACE"

19. I know a freaky place that we can go
where the weather is always nice even at night.
We roll along the shore until we find a perfect place
cuz baby I been hopin that I can do you by the ocean
ANSWER: WHITEHEAD BROTHERS "SEX ON THE BEACH"

20. Last night I thought to back to when we made good love
Listening to some Marvin Gaye all night long
But I want that old thing back
Make these moments once again go right
So wontcha, so wontcha, do it for us babe
ANSWER: H-TOWN "KNOCKIN' THE BOOTS"

I'll do the Hip Hop version of the quiz later in the week. Good Luck!!!

It was written...

37 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

damnit, that wasn't cool calling me out like that. i'm not THAT competitive...wait, yes i am. :(

Mon May 01, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

aiight, here's what i got just looking at them:

2. ready for the world - love you down
4. raphael saddiq - all i ask of you (i was just listening to this shit this past weekend!)
5. hi-five - kissing game
6. mint condition - pretty brown eyes (another one i was just listening to this weekend)
8. guy - let's chill
9. debarge - love me in a special way (i used to play the SHIT out of this song, especially the first part cuz i was in my 'loving a redbone' stage)
10. changing faces - don't remember the name of the damn song!
12. subway - games we play
13. boyz ii men - oooh ahhh
15. silk - lose control
16. el debarge, al b. sure, barry white, james ingram - secret garden
17. r. kelly - seems like you're ready
20 h-town - knockin the boots

Mon May 01, 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger unsaid said...

1. Weak- SWV...I still sing that everyday
2. Ready for the World- Let me love you down
3. don't know
4. don't know
5. don't know
6. don't know...I suck!
7. Kut Klose
8. don't know
9. don't know
10. Stroke You Up- Changing Faces
11.
12. 702...I met the lead singer wigh Subway in the mall...remember subway???
13.
14. Jodeci- Freakin You
15.
16.
17. Seems like you're ready- R'uh Kelly
18.
19.
20. Knockin Boots- H-Town (another song I still sing)

I may or may not fill in the blanks...this was fun!

Mon May 01, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

Ok T Cas...Just call out my youngness on this one...You know my mama wasn't on me listening to this freaky stuff!!! LOL I do know most of them but damn my short memory...

4. Ima assume its a Heavy D song...

12. Subway f/702--That lil game (This used to be my little cut as a shorty :-)) and "let me be ur fire"...

14. Freakin' U--Jodeci (yeah this song got me in lots of trouble..."what u know about freakin'?")

15. OHHH I know this song!!! Was it a song by Shai? Im trying to not to cheat and google this...

17. R. Kelly-Seems like ur ready (not only is this on the shuffle right now, u cant be from the chi and not know R Kelly's (earlier songs b4 he lost it) freak songs, although I keep thinkin of Diamond's routine in Player's Club every time i hear this)

20. H Town-Knockin the Boots (with the sexxxy twins. I had their posters and everything...I heard one of them died though...)

**sigh** pitiful i know. LOL

Mon May 01, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

1 - SWV
4 - Tony toni tone
14 - Jodeci

Mon May 01, 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

#15 brought back memories...damn (as I exhale)

Mon May 01, 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I suck at this, too. Blame old age ...

5. Hi-Five - Kissing Game
8. Guy - Let's Chill
18. Janet Jackson - Anytime, Anyplace

Go back 20 years and maybe I'll do better ... nevermind ...I'd probably still suck.

Mon May 01, 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I recognized a lot of them, but I knew somebody would have gotten them all. This post brought me back.

Mon May 01, 02:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here id go...

1. Weak, SWV
2. Let me Love You Down, ?
3.
4. (I love you Deja), TonyToniTone
5. Kissing Game, Hi-Five
6.
7. Changing Faces
8. Let's Chill, Guy
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Ooh, Ahh...B2Men
14. Freak in You, Jodeci
15. Silk
16. Secret Garden, Barry, Al B and others
17. Seems like your ready, R-Kel
18. Anytime, Janet Jackson
19.
20. Knockin' the boots, H-Town

Mon May 01, 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

i can't believe i didn't get swv, janet jackson, or jodeci! DAMN.

Mon May 01, 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ nikki - You got most of them, but I'm surprised you didn't get the Jodeci one, too.

@ unsaid - you know more than that, I bet you can figure out the ones that are left.

@ tenacious - sorry, this game is not for 80's babies. LOL You did all right for a young'n

@ ms. new booty - how I know you got them, you ain't give me the answers.

@ liquor and tv - i bet you'd have more answers if this was a tv quiz

@ dynasty - I downloaded all these songs last night, they brought back some memories for sure

@ chele - sorry, i don't accept age as an excuse. you ain't old.

@ miz jj - glad i could take you back, can you guess the other ones?

@ cocoa - great job, I know you can get # 3.

Tue May 02, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Ill wait for the HipHop quiz. I cant deal with no luuv songs right just yet

Tue May 02, 01:16:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ my posting on my psge

Nahh I didn't even get into it. I just minded my own biz. as long as she didn't mess up my drink flow...

@ ur post

*sigh* killing part was I recognized so so many but I'm a habitual "song lyric" messer-upper *LOL*

Tue May 02, 01:27:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Dang I should have got some of those cause let me love you down use to be my song LOL..then again I think I was in middle school so what would I know about loving down LOL

Tue May 02, 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

ok I'm stupid. I didn't know any of those answers. Why you didn't put any Tracy Chapman lyrics on there?

Tue May 02, 09:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.Cas..see Joe or Tyrese singing lyrics like #19.....am I warm???

Tue May 02, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

Secret Garden?

Tue May 02, 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

i'm just mad at "quincy jones n'em" LOL

Tue May 02, 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

MORE HINTS!!!!!!!!!!

3 is by a group named after some sneakers
7. is a by a group that is skyy high.
11. I'll Be sure that no one is gonna guess this one.
19 is by a group called the ______ Brothers

Tue May 02, 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Ohhh! You called me out huh? And I wasn't even here to play the game! Damn!

You had me singin' at my desk...isn't #3 Troop?

Tue May 02, 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Wait! No one got #11...c'mon now! Al B. Sure

"this love is so, this love is so...mmm that I won't let u go..."

Tue May 02, 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

That's what the hell I'm talking bout. Mocha stepping up!!! #3 and #11 are correct.

Tue May 02, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Well you know how competitive a girl can be...for the record #7 is killin' me..I'm trying not to look it up, but I know that song. lol

so when love calls you walk out the door, but this time...

Shit...I can't call it...

Tue May 02, 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger unsaid said...

#7 SURRENDER KEITH SWEAT!!!!!

Tell me I'm right!!!

Tue May 02, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I think I know #3..OHhhhhhh

Tue May 02, 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

# 7 is not Keith Sweat, sorry...

the group is Skyy... the song is ____

#19 is the Whitehead Brothers...Anybody know the song???

Tue May 02, 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Cool AC said...

# 7 is Skyy - Real Love

Tue May 02, 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Cool AC you got # 7!!!

Tue May 02, 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Hmmm... the only Whitehead Brothers song I can think of is from the Jason's Lyric soundtrack: Forget I was a G... but I don't think that's it.

Tue May 02, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Can we get a quiz post 2000? DAMN! Like I know Al B Sure like that! LOL.

Tue May 02, 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

Tue May 02, 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

Maaan!

Nikki all smart and stuff.

Tue May 02, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

19 is SEX ON THE BEACH, How come no one remembers that song.

Tue May 02, 04:04:00 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

This is a GREAT post...I'm not nearly that imaginative...lol...

Tue May 02, 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

All man, I loved this! I didn’t get a chance to post my answers before you updated the post with the answers though.

I can’t wait until the hip hop version is posted. Great post!

Tue May 02, 07:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Mp3 to cellphone motorola Young girls in panties and see through bras

Tue Feb 06, 06:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Peugeot speedfighter 100 speed Neurontin similar product Keyword off zoloft boards shop baikalguide Free online bingo for points company names that sells vitamins Harlem furniture store and chicago Lease a plasma tv Pharma online pharmecy valium Kenwood in car navigation best prepaid mobile phones plan aluminum folding hiking table Indiana park permits boating http://www.home-health2binfection-control-surveillance.info/Triumph-surveillance.html Free quick business cards Micro mini mesh bikini

Thu Feb 15, 06:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home