Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cocoa Dude On The Job

At the risk of turning my blog into a facsimile of Cocoa Girl On The Job, let me tell you some stuff that happened at the plantation yesterday. If you read carefully yesterday then you saw this question of the day: "What the hell you mean 'lets's meet to discuss your responsibilities?' Are you trying to regulate something over here?" Let me give you the story.

I signed into my work email from home yesterday morning and saw a meeting invitation from my manager. It was a meeting to discuss my responsibilities. Immediately I got defensive. I was thinking that it was the meeting that would finally address the fact that I do what I want, when I want. I think that I have earned that right with all of the pimping that has been done to me in the last 5 months. To recap, since February I have been doing 2-3 peoples jobs without any compensation. People left the department and they took their slow ass time finding their replacements leaving me to pick up the slack. I complain about it in private, but at work I accept it as a fact of working in the corporate world. I admit that I have been kind of slacking lately and I figured this meeting was to address that.

On my way to work, I was sharing with a friend of mine and she got me to look at it from another perspective. So I went in to work with a positive outlook and put the knife down. I decided that I wouldn't automatically assume the worst. The meeting was scheduled for 11:30, right after I was supposed to be at work, but got rescheduled twice. So finally at 1:30, I went in to my manager's office with legal pad and a pen and listened to what she had to say.

It turned out great. The meeting was not to address my slacker tendencies at all. It was actually designed to releive me of some of the duties that I was doing for other people. We came up with a preliminary plan to free me up to do MY job (I hope I remember what that is. LOL) She thanked me for taking everything on without complaining. I then got bold and asked her what she thought about my work and she was nothing but complimentary. I was really surprised at the outcome and was worrying for nothing.

Tuesday's storm caused a downpour of reaction from senior management. When the lightning struck and knocked our computers out, the generator was supposed to kick in right away to prevent that. Since it didn't, everybody was in an uproar. I got emails from 7 different executives asking me to explain what happened, like I am an electrical engineer or something. They sent technicians to our building first thing in the morning and they were still there when I left at night. I mean, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Stuff happens, and then you get over it, but they just couldnt accept that the power went out for a second.

Al Qaeda is on the warpath. He got chewed out for something he didnt do last week and now he is trying to find fault in everybody else to distract from his incompetence. He tried me again yesterday but was loud and wrong. He told our center manager that I ignored a request he sent, but he couldn't produce the email from his sent items. Dumb ass, when is he gonna realize that I am teflon? Shit don't stick to me. It's funny to me how he blatantly tries to get me in trouble, then comes smiling in my face like I'm not going to find out. I'm raising the terrorist threat level to RED. I straight avoid his ass for fear that one day, I might be tempted to see what it's like to slap a grown ass man.

Anyway that's about it. I need to start getting ready for work so I can get there at a reasonable time. No need in pushing my luck for the time being. I'm sure by Monday, I'll be right back to being late every day again. Holla at y'all later.

It was written...

16 Comments:

Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

glad the meeting turned out great. lol@you not remembering what your original job was.

Thu Aug 03, 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Man I hate people like Al Quaeda. I have one of them as well so I've started putting receipt requests on my emails to her. So now when she opens up my email I know what time she opened it up at. I print them up and show them to my boss when she claims she didn't get my emails. Why are people so immature and silly at work. Drives me nuts!

If you do end up slapping him at work do it in private that way you can deny doing it and it will be his word against yours.

Thu Aug 03, 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

It's in our nature to get defensive when we get an email asking to talk to us about our responsibilities LOL..we can't help it...massa got us shook LOL..sike let me stop

Thu Aug 03, 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

I feel ya on doing the job of 2-3 other people. I've been that same boat since January. The fact that you're not compensated properly gives you the freedom to cuss a muhf***a out once in a while and come into work a lil' bit late ere'day. Just gotta keep on the lookout for those snakes though....

gotta run... slavemaster is callin'

Thu Aug 03, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Rub some of that luck over here.....i need some good news....

Thu Aug 03, 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

lol@raising the terrorist threat. a necessary move no doubt.

it's cool you have people around you who can show you different perspectives. those kind of folk are blessings indeed, especially for your "i'm gonna play like i'm cynical but deep down i'm really not" ass. LOL

Thu Aug 03, 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

"Dumb ass, when is he gonna realize that I am teflon? Shit don't stick to me. It's funny to me how he blatantly tries to get me in trouble, then comes smiling in my face like I'm not going to find out. I'm raising the terrorist threat level to RED."

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH

i feel you though. that's why i'm always telling my peeps to cherish outlook because if you know what the hell you're doing, you can just have the records of every email incoming and outgoing at your fingertips. everybody loves a paper trail.

Thu Aug 03, 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

I can't believe grown ass people get scared and hyped up over a little thunder and lightning, LOL. But at least y'all are getting some mercy from God. It's drier than a dead buffalo carcass out in the desert here in Big D.

And, it's always a fucking antagonist on your job, aint it? Its always somebody who, for unfounded reasons, wants to fuck with you. I can't stand that type of shit. Mofo, leave me alone and let me do my job, WITHOUT your input, judgements, scrutiny, and criticisms, okay? I think we all need one of those big red Easy buttons (from the tv commercial)so we can push it and make the bullshitter and his/her bullshit disappear. *Sorry for all the cuss words, okay?*

Thu Aug 03, 02:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to laugh at your drama with Al Qaeda, but it is comical as heck! I don't blame you for wanting to slap him. I probably would have put a foot up his ass LONG TIME AGO.

Nevertheless, glad the meeting went well. Recognition usually DOES come when you're doing a good job.

Thu Aug 03, 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Contemplations of a Woman said...

yeah i tend to jump on the defensive too - happy it turned out well - i thought i was the only one referred to my job as the plantation lol

Thu Aug 03, 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Sorry Insanity but i gotta say it...ME TOO!!! I got this cocksucka (excuse the phrase but it was the first thing that popped into my head to describe him) at work who isn't even my boss but be hating on me cause my boss loves me and I don't do shyt and get away with everything. he tries and tries to get them to give me more work or to point the finger my way when his shyt is fuked up and it always fails. He's a muthafukin Bytch azz...

Anyways...glad the fukin slave massa recognized your contributions...to bad at the end of the day you (and me) are still just fukin slaves!!!

Thu Aug 03, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

at least you weren't stuck in a meeting until 6...**sigh** You know I nodded off right?

@ T. Cas yes I called my grandmama we talked on the phone for over 2 hours, my father and I? ehh we're not on speaking terms right now

Thu Aug 03, 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ liquor and tv - thanks, I can't hardly remember anymore

@ miz jj - yeah, i keep files of emails, but I don't organize them, so if some mess pops off, its gonna take me awhile to find them

@ honey-libra - massa and the overseer be trippin

@ stiltwalker - i make people feel like retards just by looking at them, i dont have to say a word

@ G Mo - LOL @ massa callin. I always keep an eye out for the snakes

@ trish - I dont really get no feedback either way, so I'm was a little scared, especially since I have been slacking

@ papi's princess - Good luck, mama

@ nikki - why you calling me out on my blog? I am cynical, damnit

@ fallen angel - like I told JJ, i got all my shit together, just gotta find it

@ insanity - right after the rain stopped it got hot again. and you can curse as much as you want over here, no apologies necessary

@ The Goddess - I want to slap him, but I can't. He might call a jihad on my ass

@ Me - I stole that plantation from someone, maybe it was you

@ Royce's Daughter - thats my problem, he aint even close to being my boss, we aint even in the same dept.

@ blog girlfriend - its funny, for some reason i dont even think its politically incorrect anymore, cuz he started it. He probably calling me nigger on his blog

@ Tenacious - I did have a 2 hour meeting about nothing today if that counts.

Thu Aug 03, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I knew you weren't really a slacker. Glad it worked out well. Don't sweat Al ... I'm sure management has already peeped his game.

Fri Aug 04, 08:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ raising the terror level!

Why hasn't he been fired for starting all those fake azz fires by now?

BTW,
So I went in to work with a positive outlook and put the knife down.

So true and such a classic!

Fri Aug 04, 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0605


coach outlet online
ferragamo outlet
cheap nhl jerseys
tods outlet
manchester united jersey
bvlgari jewelry
supreme uk
bottega veneta outlet
fitflops sale
golden state warriors jerseys

Tue Jun 05, 04:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home