Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Double Up

It's been about 2 weeks since I said I would do this tag. That's like 32 posts in Tenacious years. Well since I slacked off, I thought I would make it up to her by doing both of her tags. Here ya go!!

TAG #1: It Takes Two

Two Names You Go By:
1. R----- (my real name)
2. Jamal (my middle name)

Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1. White tee
2. boxer/briefs

Two Things You Would Want in a Relationship:
1. Love Me
2. Leave Me Alone, just kidding. Give me some stimulating conversation.

Two Things You Want Really Badly At This Moment:
1. To be financially comfortable (not rich) without going to work
2. Her

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies:
1. writing/blogging
2. watching TV

Two pets you have had:
1. Scruffy- a dog that lived with my grandparents in Columbus
2. My hamster who commited suicide by hanging himself in the cage. I cant remember his name.

Two people who will fill this out:
1. My Blog Girlfriend, Butterfli
2. Liquor and TV, cuz she think she can't get tagged. Besides I want to see how she incorporates alcohol into all her answers.

Two things you did last night:
1. Talked on the phone
2. Caught up on some blogs (not all of them, but I'm getting there)

Two Favorite Places to eat:
1. Pappadeux
2. Outback

Two things you ate today:
1. My Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta I made Sunday
2. Some Ice Cubes (I only eat once a day)

Two people you Last Talked To:
1. Her
2. The dude at the gas station

TAG #2

Now & Then:
Ten years ago today, it was August 1st, 1996. I was 21. It was summer break from Savannah State University, so I probably was pulling a 12 hour day at St Joseph's Hospital, trying to get enough money to buy some CDs or take Lisa out to a dinner and a movie. Either that or I was smoking weed with Kareem and Tori.

1) How old were you?
THEN: 21
NOW: 31

2) Where did you work?
THEN: St Joseph's Hospital dietary department which was a fancy way of saying I brought the patients food upstairs and washed dishes.
NOW: One of the nation's largest commercial banking organizations serving a broad range of consumer, commercial, corporate and institutional clients. If you check your site meter, then you already know which one.

3) Where did you live?
THEN: Savannah, Ga (Southside at the time)
NOW: Smyrna, GA (outside of Atlanta)

4) How was your hairstyle?
THEN: I dont know what you call it, but I probably had a temp fade and mini curly fro.
NOW: Keep a caesar unless I'm too lazy to get a haircut then I got the Phillip Michael Thomas mini fro

5) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: Yes
NOW: Yes, probably the same pair. LOL

6) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: I used to wear sunglasses. Does that count?
NOW: No, but I need to get some. I keep my contacts in waaaay too long.

7) This question is missing so I'll make one up. What was your favorite TV Show?
THEN: Homicide: Life on the Street
NOW: 24 and Lost

8) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: None, I had an fear of animals because of this
NOW: Still have that fear, only 5 times worse

9) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: Lisa AKA Aries #1
NOW: None, why you know someone?

10) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: Definitely Ananda Lewis
NOW: Gabrielle Casanova er um Union or any of these ladies.

11) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: None
NOW: Still None

12) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: None, but wanted R----- X with a Black Power fist on my arm
NOW: Still None

13) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: Probably WuTang, Nas, and Prince
NOW: Little Brother

14) Had you smoked a cigarette?
THEN: Not cigarettes, but I blew hella weed
NOW: Yeah, I'll hit a Newport every now and then when I'm drinking. But I have a bad Black and Mild cigar habit. Sorry, Royce's Daughter.

15) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: Yeah, E&J was my drink of choice. Or if we were especially broke, we would drink MD 20/20 or even Cisco.
NOW: Yessir!!! But I don't really get twisted anymore. I drink to get nice, not drunk.

16) What kind of car did you drive?
THEN: 87 VW Fox. My first ride. I took part of my student loan check and got it painted cobalt blue, put a bootleg cd player in it and got a personalized Airbrushed license plate on the front that said R----- X on it.
NOW: Dodge Intrepid.

17) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
Nah. I was going to school to be a teacher, but student teaching showed me that I didn't have the patience for that. I wandered around for awhile until I basically fell into something that worked for me. I also thought I would be married with children by now.

It was written...

25 Comments:

Blogger chele said...

You only eat once a day? What the hell? No wonder you're so daggone cranky! Eat something, man! There are support groups out there ... ;)

Tue Aug 01, 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

so you're real serious about being in a relationship? I thought you were just bs'ing all the time.

Tue Aug 01, 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

You only eat ice once a day, I eat it all day...but I make ice chips....so don't come to my house expecting ice cubes...and I'll kill you if you use my chips...

Tue Aug 01, 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

lmao@ chele. I already told him it's crazy that he only eats once a day. he wasn't trying to hear that.

#12 I would laugh if I saw that tattoo.

Tue Aug 01, 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chele - I just eat when I'm hungry and for some reason it only happens at night

@ stiltwalker - yeah, I'm ready for a relationship. I just a relationship is ready for me

@ nsane - I get on peoples nerves with the chewing on ice. I never thought of making ice chips

@ papi's princess - no diet, on the contrary, thats probably why my metabolism is so slow

@ miz jj - actually what you said is that you don't beleive me. LOL I really wanted that tat.

Tue Aug 01, 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...and you asked me why I was starving myself?

One a day eating is not cute!

LOL

Tue Aug 01, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Back-2-back MeMe's...hhmmmm, I don't think that's allowed (so what if I've done it)

I do believe I shall steal the first one...just cause I ain't got nothing to talk about.

I forget to eat. I eat mad icecubes...just a crunchin' all through the office, they hate it. I do snack though...I just had a snack of omlette, toast and a coffee....at lunch plan on snacking on a Houston's Hawaiian Ribeye...LOL

Tue Aug 01, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

What did I say about eating breakfast?!

ummm "My hamster who commited suicide by hanging himself in the cage."

huh?

Tue Aug 01, 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ cocoa - its not starving myself. I eat when I'm hungry.

@ blah,blah,blah - I'm a rebel so I can do 2 MeMes.

@ mocha - yeah, he was hanging from the bars when I came home from school. I wasnt sad, I was actually releived I didnt have to clean his cage anymore.

Tue Aug 01, 01:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the now and then Meme. You're good, cause I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday, let alone last week. I can answer #1 without any difficulties though. Smile.

Tue Aug 01, 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops I didn't mean to say last week in my comment, I meant to say 10 years ago. See, that's my bad memory working overtime. Smile

Tue Aug 01, 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Aug 01, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

OMG - you went through the same thing I did (well, maybe). I was an education major until my junior year and got into the classroom. I had no patience for BS administration and all of the politics involved. I broke down and changed majors. And I, too, thought I'd be married w/ kids by now.

Tue Aug 01, 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

17 is too fukin young for cats to expect us to make a decision about what we wanna be in life...that is so dumb to me. My freshman year I was an accounting major with a minor in history...changed to Poli Sci after that. Mad about both!!!

Yo I'll be in ATL for 2 months (aug-oct)...do I need to personally put you on cigerette restriction...cause I'll do it!! LOL!!

Tue Aug 01, 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Papi's Princess, NightTrain, Thunderbird, thats for winos on the corner....thank the lord, I wasn't old enough to drink Cisco. I think the worst I ever drank was Seagrams Gin...

Tue Aug 01, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger MiMi said...

Who is "her" yeah I'm nosey as hell. If you really want her then make a move!!! You need to go after what you want, and Oh yeah.. Start eating more than once a day, Food is good for the soul!!!!

Tue Aug 01, 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Yall named the poor pup Scruffy ;-)

Tue Aug 01, 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Hey T cass !
I haven't been ignoring you...
I've just been blog creepin' because I couldn't comment at the time :)
Plus - you don't miss me anyway!
You and Ms Blu ova' there havin' blog relationships!! hmp!
I am going to do the 1st tagg even though you didn't tag me :) Thanx for coming by my spot - you know I always love to see you there...

I only eat once a day too!!!!
I thought I was the only one but I see you're like the rest of us anorexics! :)

Wed Aug 02, 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Chance said...

Neat list...Beautiful blog. I will be back

Wed Aug 02, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Hey T!

I'm gonna probably steal this for one of my "writer's block days! Good answers!

Wed Aug 02, 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

i swear you are THE tag king!!!! hahahahahah

Wed Aug 02, 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ the goddess - I have great long term memory, but I can't remember what I was doing 5 minutes ago

@ Tenacious- you know I'm just playing with you, right? No, he didn't leave a note, but he was depressed. A couple of days before he got out of his cage and was running around the basement. He wanted me to give him free. LOL

@ BZ - yeah, my mom and sister are in education, so I thought it was a natural fit, but them bad ass kids and apathetic staff changed my mind.

@ RD - It really is too young to be making decisions that will affect the rest of your life.

@ Nsane - the worst I drank was Barton's gin. It was like $6 for a gallon and fucked me up good on my 23rd birthday. Thanksgiving was the day after my birthday, and I couldnt even eat. I think i had alcohol poisoning

@ MiMi - welcome to the blog... I am being intentionally vague about her. She knows who she is.

@ N Search - scruffy was cute, this was before I got chased up a tree by nasty ass dobermans and actually liked dogs

@ Sangin - you know you were the first... But you are always on the road. What's a man to do when he needs companionship? LOL

@ niteSky - Thanks, I'll be by to check you out in a few.

@ The Mistress - Tags are great for those days. Feel free to lift anything you see here.

@ fallen angel - yeah, posting almost everyday gets hard sometimes, Tags help me out.

Wed Aug 02, 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

Sorry, I can't do tags. I share a blog now and it would be rude...lol

Wed Aug 02, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Your hamster commited suicide???? Sounds traumatic...

Wed Aug 02, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger 4EverJennayNay said...

I can't remember what I was doing 10 yrs ago. But five years ago I thought I'd be married with kids by now too...

Thu Aug 03, 01:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home