Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend Recap

I had a pretty uneventful weekend. Friday, I was supposed to go see "When A Stranger Calls" with Jessica, but instead we went out with Kristie to Fridays. Apparently there is a new rule that in order to be a server, you have to be gay. There were 5 male waiters in the restaurant and all of them were flamboyant. Our server was walking around with money clipped to him like brides at weddings. I made Jessica ask him why he had money clipped to his shirt and he said "ooh chile it's my birfday." We cracked up about that especially when he asked me if I wanted to pin a dollar on him. I respectfully declined. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the evening. Saturday, I did a little writing and a lot of sleeping. I got my Rip Van Winkle on from about 4 in the afternoon until midnight. I was so tired from not sleeping in the past week that I just crashed. When I woke up, it was too late to find somebody to do something with, so I just chilled and IM'd until the wee hours of the morning. Super Bowl Sunday came and went uneventfully. I was rooting for the Seahawks, although I don't like either team. Shout out to Nikki, who I lost my bet with. She told me the Steelers were gonna take it, but I didn't listen. That's about it. It's snowing in the ATL, but not enough to prevent me from going to work. I'll holla at y'all later. Oh, yeah, a couple people have asked me about whether the Shaina story is fact or fiction. I'll just say that its fiction based on a true story or a true story based on fiction. I'll try to post the rest of the story as soon as possible, but if you know me, then you know that I am a procrastinator so don't hold your breath waiting for a resolution. I was just feeling inspired at the time. Okay, I'm out.

It was written...

9 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

for the rest time EVER, i was sleeping in my office on the floor today. i couldn't believe i was actually that tired. it's almost like i was jerome bettis whupping on seattle's azz!

Mon Feb 06, 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Jerome didn't do shit, don't get it twisted. Pittsburgh didn't so much win as Seattle lost.

Mon Feb 06, 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

get over it, already. seattle sucked cuz pittsburgh made them look like punks.

Mon Feb 06, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

I'm over it, it ain't like it was the Falcons.

Mon Feb 06, 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

yeah, cuz if it was the falcons, we'd be looking at a regular season game, cuz they didn't make it to the playoffs ;)

Mon Feb 06, 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

how bout them cowboys? I just realized I should have used your word in my post. the waiters were "effete." LOL

Mon Feb 06, 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

LOL

i wish i had a comeback for the cowboys barb, but unfortunately, they sucked this year. oh well.

you got your own words to use, so you didn't need any of mine, although effete would have made the post more poetic perhaps.

Mon Feb 06, 04:58:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Yeah, like 5 minutes after I wrote this, I went to my car and didn't even see any snow, just some cold rain. I need a snow day, badly.

Tue Feb 07, 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Shaina story?

Sun May 18, 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home