Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What Had Happened Was...

It just occurred to me that I never told y'all about my weekend. I know it's Wednesday now, but I don't know what else to write about so bear with me. My weekend actually started on Thursday.

THURSDAY:
I took Thursday and Friday off from work. By now you guys already know I am the worlds biggest procrastinator so I just started cleaning up the crib that morning. In my mind, I had plenty of time, b/c her flight didn't come in until 6PM. Apparently the spot was junkier than I thought because next thing I knew it was time to pick up her up from the airport and my kitchen was still a mess. Oh well, at least I had got rid of the lingering smell of Black & Milds and she's seen it much worse condition when we used to shack up. I sped through the rush hour traffic on 285 and got there as she was getting her luggage from baggage claim. We left and headed back towards the Cobb county side of things. We stopped at the mall so she can pick up a lil something and I saw the funniest thing at Macy's. We were at the MAC counter and this redhead chick was helping my friend. Then when she talked her voice was deep as hell. Turns out the chick with the long red hair and the MAC makeup was a dude named Charles. I tried to take a picture (you know I had the camera all weekend) but I couldn't get a shot without him/her noticing. I was trying hard not to show my WTF face and I think I succeeded. Anyway, we left the mall and hit up Jo.e's Cr.ab Sha.ck for some seafood and drinks (drinking was a recurring theme of the weekend) then came home and chilled.

FRIDAY:
We were feeling especially lazy after the previous evening, so we didn't leave the crib until about 2 in the afternoon. We stopped by Hoo.ters for some wings and beer and then went to the Geor.gia Aqu.arium. The aquarium was tight as hell. I was geeking out like a kid, especially at the Beluga whale exhibit. I took lots of pictures which I will add to my Flickr one of these days. We came home and chilled for a while and then went to Atlantic Station to get some steak and sushi at this restaurant called The Strip. When we got there there was a long line to get in. I mean what kind of restaurant has a velvet rope and bouncers? Obviously, we weren't trying to wait in a long ass line so we went to another spot across the way, called Rosa Mexicano. It was an upscale Mexican restaurant and the food was tremendous. My friend had this $11 margarita with patron, grand marnier and I don't know what else. After we left the spot, we chilled in Atlantic Station, people watching and drinking some more. There was this coffee lounge/bar that let us take our drinks outside, so we sat back( me with grand marnier and her with grey goose and cranberry) and observed some of the funny sights of Atlanta. We got home about 3 and chilled some more.

SATURDAY:
Woke up in the morning and went to the Cra.cker Bar.rell for some pancakes, bacon and eggs. Came back to the crib and chilled for a minute. I watched the first round of the NFL draft, while my friend was sleeping. We were supposed to go to Six Flags, but laziness prevented that. We started to get ready to go out again when she decided that she wanted to read my instant messages. What happened next was too funny. I had my Yahoo messenger password protected, but she downloaded some program that let her bypass the password. I still don't know what program that was, but I wasnt trying to have her read all them shits, so I turned the computer off. I thought it was over and went back to getting ready, then she locked me out of my own computer room and started reading my IM archives. That shit was funny, but even funnier was when I went to the circuit breaker and turned off the power in the crib so she would stop reading my shit. Anyway, we had a good laugh/discussion about that and went back to Atlantic Station. This time we actually made it to The Strip for steak and sushi. There was an hour wait so we went to the bar on the third floor balcony and ordered some drinks while we waited. 2 hours and 4 drinks each later, we finally got our table and had one of the best meals I had in awhile. It was expensive but worth it. So we left there a little full and a lot tipsy and went to one of our old friends Tina's house to say hi. After some more drinks, we headed back to my crib to pack and get a couple hours sleep before I had to take my friend back to airport.

SUNDAY: I dropped my friend off at the airport early in the morning. Her flight was like at 6 in the morning. I spent most of the day recuperating and catching up on sleep. Then later that evening I helped my friend K finish packing up her crib for her move to her new house. After that, I watched The Soprano's with Chi-town, drank some Bacardi Select and wrote my music quiz. I woke up Monday morning and went to work, already knowing that its gonna be a minute before I drink again.

I'm gonna post some pictures later, but I am late for work and you know how Blogger tends to act up when you post photos. Holla at y'all later!

It was written...

19 Comments:

Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

I am so proud of all of the liquor encounters you had over the weekend.

I'm assuming you were either at Cumberland or the Galleria. I miss those malls.

lol@the red headed "chick".

Wed May 03, 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

DId u and your "friend" have relations? U have alot of female friends....

Wed May 03, 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger unsaid said...

Yeah, yeah nice weekend...

So are you as excited for Lost tonight as I am!!! I am dying!!! I need to know what Michael is going to say!!!!

Wed May 03, 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ liquor and tv - Grand Ma as the bartender corrected me is my new favorite drink.

@ tiger. that was funny as hell.

@ ms new booty - this one is more than a friend. but a gentleman never tells.

@ unsaid. I am so ready for LOST it's ridiculous.

Wed May 03, 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

"A gentleman never tells". I love that. Sounds like an alcohol-soaked weekend. Glad you had a good time.

Wed May 03, 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Damn T, I wish you lived in TO, Grand Marnier sponsors one of our events... I got so many bottles I don't know what to do with that shit.

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Wed May 03, 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Wow MAC must have a good benefits package for cross dressers, because the MAC Counter at Filene's is where they all worked up here in Boston too, LOL!

Wed May 03, 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

What is it about men working at MAC? It's defitintely like that here in D.C., however, a man did help me find my perfect match for concealer and foundation so I can't even hate, LOL :)

I like that you can just chill with a woman, T. Regardless of whether ya'll got busy or not, she's lucky to have a "gentleman" like you.

You did do a lot of drinking, LOL. Sound like you need you give Grand Ma and your liver a break--but who am I kidding? I've had Incredible Hulks and Jose Cuervo for three weekends straight LOL. We should start an AA for bloggers.

Scarlett

Thu May 04, 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

ok I was reading this thinking I'd get to some hot crotchal action at some point. So I assume this was strictly a friend...

Thu May 04, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

It seems like you had a fun weekend.

I want to go to the aquarium! Me so jealous! And all the food! I would have been in heaven! Espically at Cracker Barrel

A lot of drinking too? sh*t I shoulda hopped ob a plane too. Me and the cat woulda been ready to go!!

LOL @ red haired chick dude. You know I woulda messed up and called him "ma'am"

"A gentleman never tells" huh? Good policy. I hope it was a STICKY THIGH if you were naughty ;-)

Thu May 04, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Fuvk being a gentlemen I need details....the way u told it..yall slept in seperate bedrooms or sum'n....

Thu May 04, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger unsaid said...

that must be the way to go T....keep em guessing...now they are fienin and questionin lol this is too funny...i'm sitting here with popcorn...carry on

Thu May 04, 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

lmao @ you trying to take a picture of the red headed trannie at mac.

sounds like you guys had a good weekend full of booze. so your 'friend' is it a platonic friend?

Thu May 04, 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Damn, I thought I was being discreet with it and leaving clues, but if ya'll wanna know...

I don't have a bed in my second bedroom. It was a PLEASURABLE weekend and I'm glad she CAME!!! If you don't get it from that, then I'm gonna have to get y'all some hooked on phonics tapes.

I don't know why a couple of you are acting like you don't already know what the deal is...

Thu May 04, 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

Well I figured out that yall were bumping uglies based on how many times you mentioned that yall went back to the pad to "chill" - sounded suspect...lol...

My weekend wasn't as alcohol filled as yours, and I prolly didn't have as much sex, but I had a fantastic time too!! HAHAHAHAH!

Thu May 04, 01:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dayum, man...how are you still alive??? LOL

We want pictures!

Thu May 04, 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

I wanna see some proof!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 04, 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger DramaFree said...

I knew what the deal was...especially when you said she broke into your yahoo!! And you didn't get mad at her about that?? THAT told me what time it was lol

Thu May 04, 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

All those resturants yall went to are making me hungry....

Fri May 05, 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home