Saturday, December 31, 2005

G.O.D. Father Part 3

Inspiration: "G.O.D. Father Part 3" Mobb Deep

What I'm Listening To: "Cheers 2 U" - Playa

Question(s) I asked myself today: 1. Should I watch the Falcons game on Sunday, even though they are out of the playoffs? 2. Whatever happened to Playa? "Cheers 2 U" was one of the best R&B albums of the 90's and they had Timbaland beats. I know one of them cats wrote some songs on Aaliyah's last joint, but where is the follow up album? This is not a rhetorical question, if any of the 8 people who have read this blog know, please tell me.

I know this is not a normal situation, but I don't really care. My ex girlfriend is having a baby (she is 3 months pregnant) and I am going to be the Godfather (hopefully.) We didn't have what it takes to make it as a couple, but I still consider her to be a good friend. I know that sounds like some BS, but we really are better friends than lovers. If it works out, this would be my third attempt at being a godfather. I pretty much messed up the other 2 when I left Savannah. When I was younger, I had 2 different friends that I thought would be around forever, but I got caught up in my own life and didn't handle things right. I dipped like a thief in the night, and despite my best efforts in the last few years I havent been able to catch up with either one of them. I know this makes me seem like a bad friend and I admit that was true. I'd like to think that I have matured, fuck it, I know I have matured and I'm ready for this now. I'm excited about this baby like he/she is mine. I plan to spoil the hell out of this child.

Speaking of children, I met my new "brother" for the first time yesterday. He is actually my mother's husband's great grandchild, but my mom and her husband adopted him about 6 months ago (confusing, huh? He calls me his uncle.) His mother wasn't doing right and his father ain't shit, so this precious little boy was in foster care in California. I give my mother and her husband major props for rescuing him from a fucked up situation and giving him a shot at a normal life. I do worry that he may be too much for them to handle at their age, but I hope for the best. It just hit me that I never really talked too much about my family. I have an older sister and a younger brother. Both of them live in the Atlanta metro area. We don't see each other as much as I would like, but we are close nonetheless. My mom and grandma still live in Savannah. My father died in '95. But that's a whole 'nother post that I don't feel like getting into now. I'll save that for a later date. Until then...

It was written...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home