Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday

Inspiration - In the Club - 50 Cent

What I'm Listening To - "Bravebird" - Amel Larrieux

Question(s) I Asked Myself Today - Why is there traffic on 285 at 6 in the morning?

My phone rang at 5:45 this morning. I had just went to sleep a couple of hours before thanks to Nikki's blog. Damn archives kept me up all night. Anyway, I almost didn't answer it but I saw it was my brother. He knows better than to call me that early unless it's an emergency. So, I pick up the phone and mumble something incoherent into the receiver. He tells me that our sister is in labor and to meet them at Northside Hospital. At this point I am still a little dazed, but I managed to put on some clothes, brush my teeth and get in the car. About half way to the hospital, my brother calls back and says "he's here." I ask "he who?" He says the baby. I'm like whoa that was quick. My sister wasn't due for another 10 days. I finally make it around 285 and get to the hospital and find my brother and my niece and nephew sitting in the waiting room. We go back to my sister's room and I see this:

My perfect new nephew: Carlin Jaden. 6 pounds 14 oz, all his fingers and toes, and the cutest baby ever (until I finally reproduce.) Excuse the pictures, they were taken in a dark room with a cell phone camera. I'll post some digitals when I get a chance. Oh yeah, here's some pics of me holding the baby. Don't ask me why I am not smiling. I think I was too tired.

It was written...

4 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

dang! don't go blaming me for the fact you didn't get any sleep! you're a grown ass man!

and congrats on the new nephew. you do look worn out. almost make a person think YOU gave birth to him. LOL

Tue Jan 24, 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

Nikki: it was your fault, who told you to be so entertaining. I'd rather blame you than admit that I have a sleep disorder.

Accomplice: Thanks, baby and mother are still fine. I enjoyed your blog and I will be back soon.

Wed Jan 25, 02:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Vicodin tab buy vicodan without prescription

Fri Mar 02, 02:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

I think this is the ONLY picture I've seen of you with your eyes completely open!

Sun May 18, 08:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home