Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Nothing Weekend

I'm supposed to be sleep now. I mean I actually fell asleep a couple of times during "24" tonight. Had to wake up and rewind the tape (I'm too cheap to get TiVo.) I didn't really plan to write anything tonight, but since I'm awake I might as well. Let me give you a rundown of my past few days. I basically have been flaking on everybody for the last few.

Friday night, I was supposed to get up with some associates and go bowling or something. By the time I left work, I was too tired to do anything. So I watched the NCAA tournament and chilled for the night. About 1:00 AM, I realized I was still up, so I could have gone out, but by that time it was too late. I had already flaked on those plans.

I intended to have a busy Saturday. First I was going to meet B.B. for breakfast at her new crib. I overslept and missed that shit. (Go ahead and curse me out, I know you are thinking it.) Next, I was supposed to go with Kristie and Eric to a function, I think it was a wedding shower for one of their friends at 2pm. By the time they called and said that it had got pushed back to 4 pm, I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going. I just didn't feel like dealing with a bunch of people I didn't know. So I spent the afternoon in my boxers playing around on the computer and looking for new blogs to feed my addiction. Then Jessica called and told me she is moving to Memphis. Damn, that sucks! Don't get me wrong I'm proud that she is making moves in her career, but now I gotta find a new hang out patna. We made plans to check out "Inside Man." After finally taking a shower and getting dressed (yes, I was lounging all day), we headed out to Atlantic Station. It was packed that night. We got there like an hour early but most of that time was spent in line to get tickets so we didn't get a chance to explore. Anyway, the movie was tight, Denzel did his thing and Spike Lee finally made a mainstream movie that still had some edge to it. I got home around 2:00 and talked on the phone and blogged for awhile.

Sunday, I had one thing to get accomplished. I had put off getting my digital camera since Christmas, so I decided to finally do that. I almost didn't go b/c George Mason and Florida were pissing me off in the damn NCAA tournament. But I finally got it. You can check out my pic in the previous post. Later that night, I watched "The Sopranos" (anyone else find it boring?) while my friend E washed her clothes. Basically, I had a weekend of doing nothing, but I am content with that.

You would think that with doing nothing all weekend I would be recharged and ready for another week of hell(work.) But unfortunately, it didn't play out like that. I am still tired and burnt out and need a vacation. It doesn't help that I am up at 3:00 AM writing a post instead of sleeping. Enough complaining, I'm gonna try to catch some Z's and get to work at a reasonable time, like that's really gonna happen.

It was written...

13 Comments:

Blogger NegroPino™ said...

At least you have your SANITY.......Mines is about LOST!!!!!

Tue Mar 28, 08:24:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

dude, you gotta start getting out there more! battle against that desire to stay at home by yourself. we can all come up with excuses for why we don't get out and engage in the act of living. think about all of the great folk you could meet if you make the effort.

and congrats to jessica on her getting the job in memphis! i know that puts a crimp in your movie-going, but if you get out and make new friends, that will only be short-term.

oh, and you KNOW i'm gonna be all over you about the vacation thing until you do it. get ready for me to bug the shit out of you about that.

Tue Mar 28, 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger chele said...

You are officially in a FUNK. Snap the hell out of it! Shake if off! (Insert your favortie cliche here)! I know how you feel ... that's why I'm going to the beach this weekend -- the body needs to rejuvinate every now and then.

Tue Mar 28, 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Dang T. Shake that ish off!!!! Maybe when it really starts to feel like spring you will go out to all the things that will be happening.

Tue Mar 28, 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I know how you feel, i've been in a funk and flaking on everybody too. But yesterday I called in sick...forced myself outta the house and woke up in better spirits. Sometimes you just gotta break the routine to feel a lil' bit refreshed.

On another note: nice pic, g'head with the smooth voice t!

Tue Mar 28, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

OMG another Soprano's FAN?! I have been disappointed with the last two episodes...but next week promises to be insane since Tony will have his mental bearings back. My friends tried to tell me I was the only black person in America watching the show, but I'm glad there's two. LOL.

I'm going to check out inside man, you should DEFINITELY go see V for Vendetta. It's a good one.

Peace,
Scarlett

p.s. Nice pic!

Tue Mar 28, 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ ms. new booty - Yeah, I still got that. I hope you get that car situation straightened out

@ nikki - when the time is right, I'm gonna get that vacation. Right now, I'm thinking I need to call in sick a couple of days and just chill.

@ Chele - Consider it shook. I think I was just tired when I wrote this, I'm cool

@ Paula D. - "spring is in the air" LOL I'm gonna make an effort to get out and do stuff when it gets warm.

@ mocha - I read about your cranky pants. Hope it didnt sound like I was biting.

@ scarlett - I think I got spoiled with the Sopranos b/c I downloaded and watched 5 seasons in like 3 weeks. This waiting for a week stuff is getting on my nerves. I seen V last week, that joint was hot!!!

@ sistagirl - LOL! I just saw a Spring Bling commercial. When are people going to stop saying "bling?"

Tue Mar 28, 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

when ar u online so we can discuss the movie? I thought it was nice...I wasn't surprised by what was in the box but Im just saying...a black kid's birth certificate? no one would have seen that sh*t coming *lol* I like Clive Owens, he always look a little "off" to me but he's pretty good *dead* at dude getting that ass beat for trying to hide his cellie "I aint sayin u a gold digger but she aint messing with no broke nigga"<--where the hell he get that ringtone that don't bleep out "nigga"? Although I was pissed at few things...Like how the muthafuckers get to lock up the bank dead in front of security? I also didn't know painters get to walk in the front door to do some work? Sh*t at my job everyone gotta around to the back door like a slave......

Wed Mar 29, 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger BK said...

maaaaaaaaaan ain't nuffin wrong wit staying home and CHILLIN!!!! sometimes u just don't feel like being BOTHERED wit folks!

Wed Mar 29, 09:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not gonna cuss you out till i get get my gift :)..(bb)

Fri Mar 31, 09:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site san diego cosmetic dentistry

Mon Feb 05, 05:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Dressy spandex pants wide leg 1969 oldsmobile 98 manual Accurian dvd players Hummer on spinning rim cycling+impotence Volkswagen rabbit cabrio engines http://www.dodge-srt-10.info/cadillac-seville-radio-speakers.html Boric acid ointment prescription Tamiflu canada internet pharmacy3ft3dgoclick Generation lead mortgage uk

Sun Mar 04, 03:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Add fax loan no payday site credit subaru outback slush mats Tdc callcenter sanderborg http://www.bomex-body-kits.info Laser hair removal permanent hair removal permanent hair http://www.mitsubishi-5.info prince george hotels T3 certified tire Low cost homeowners insurance quote 1995 subaru wrx

Tue Apr 24, 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home