Saturday, March 25, 2006

I've Been Tagged

What’s up with this whole tag thing? I didn’t like tag when I was a kid. I’d rather play hide and go get it. Anyway, Nikki tagged me (and the rest of the damn blogging world) with this one. I wanna do something a little different than everyone else, so I am going to try to put a quote from a hip hop song in each attribute. Here we go.

10 Attributes of My Perfect Lover

1. Gotta have a sense of humor. I am sarcastic and love to joke and I need a woman who will do the same.
Quiet and shy, baby girl my gift got you high
Made you wanna hit me with the keys to that five
Just jokin baby, I have a sharp sense of humor
Wish I woulda bumped into your frame a lot sooner
Ghostface "Camay"

2. Gotta keep herself up. I prefer a woman to be feminine. Don’t be afraid to get your hair and nails done or go shopping. I like the “girly-girls.”
Cause baby girl got all the right weaponry
Designer fabric, shoes, and accessories
Chinky eyes, sweet voice is messin' with me mentally
Mos Def "Ms. Fat Booty"

3. Gotta love music. She doesn't have to like what I like, but music is such a big part of my life, I need her to feel it too.
So far, I hope you like rap songs
Bonita Applebum, you gotta put me on.
A Tribe Called Quest “Bonita Applebum”

4. Gotta be intelligent. I been through the whole dumb girl thing and I ain’t going back. I need a woman to stimulate my mind.
Because I love a young lady that's beautiful
but one that's smart for me, is more suitable
In other words, to make it simple and plain
You gotta have a brain in order to be Ms. Kane
Big Daddy Kane “I Get the Job Done”

5. Gotta make me a priority. I put my woman first and I expect that same thing. She needs to have my back like I have hers.
Talk bad about her nigga guaranteed to snap like bra
Strap stickin together like grandma and grandpa-pa
Outkast “Jazzy Belle”

6. Gotta be sexually liberated. We ain’t young no more. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
Yo, my girl's a grown woman who ain't trynna get her eagle on
She'd rather be in bed gettin' her Kegel on
In and out, working the walls when the heat is on
Like Mary J. or Tweet is on, now sing along...
Little Brother “Say It Again”

7. Gotta love children. I want a woman who will be a good mother the same way I plan to be a good father. Nothing should be more important than the child's well being.
My pretty black princess smell sweet like that incense
That you buy at the bookstore supporting black business
Teach her what black is; the fact is her parents are thorough
She four reading Cornrows by Camille Yarborough
I keep her hair braided, bought her a black Barbie
I keep her mind free; she ain't no black zombie
Talib Kweli “Black Girl Pain”

8. Gotta inspire me to be a better person. I need someone to keep me from becoming complacent and nurtures my personal growth.
I just want you to know
Your whole being is beautiful
Im going to do the best I can do
Cause i'm the best when i'm with you
Common “Come Close”

9. Gotta appreciate the “little things.” Love is not always about the grand gestures. Sometimes it's just the simple act of spooning and watching her while she sleeps.
There's no one way, it can be explained
I guess it's the way I smile, when I hear your name
It's the little things that you do, that mean so much
It's the care that you put, into every touch
It's the way I touch you, and you touch me
I guess some of us, are so lucky.
Whodini “One Love”

10. Gotta challenge me. Don’t always give me my way; that is the quickest way for me to lose interest. Express your opinions even if I don't agree.
Plus I love the fact you got a mind of your own
Method Man “All I Need”

So there’s my list. This was extremely difficult and I don’t know what I was thinking trying to incorporate lyrics into it. I’m not tagging anybody, because this is probably all over the blogosphere already. Anyone who is not already doing this on their blog, feel free to share your attributes in the comment section. And if you have already done it, feel free to put the link in the comments so everybody can read it.

It was written...

15 Comments:

Blogger ChezNiki said...

I really like your answers with the hip hop music! Nikki tagged me with this one and OrganizedNoise (by way of Msnhim) tagged me with a Sex history MEME, so I did both on March 24th. Come up and see me some time! LOL

Sat Mar 25, 04:32:00 PM  
Blogger unsaid said...

I was waiting for Method Man's "All I Need" to get quoted. I love it when a man talks about spooning lol

I like the twist you put on this.

Sat Mar 25, 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I love your list. I can tell you're not a kid anymore. I love the little things ... the best gift my man ever gave me? A pair of windshield wiper blades. I've gotten flowers, jewelry and I've been wined and dined. But to me the wiper blades meant that he cared about my safety.

Sun Mar 26, 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chezniki - i'm trying to stay far away from that Sex History one. I checked out your list. Very thorough.

@ unsaid - why was Method Man the first lyric I thought of? Thats the one that gave me the idea to incorporate lyrics

@ chele - Yeah, it took me awhile to learn about the little things, but I find that goes for both men and women.

@ sistagirl - i'll keep her if she will keep me. BTW I peeped your list, did you copy mine??? LOL

Mon Mar 27, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I'm definitely lovin ur list, T. And as always, you hit the nail on the head with "Spooning" LOL. I was discussing this with my bf last night, while spooning, and he was explaining why he likes to be the inside spoon citing that "every nigga likes to be held once and a while." LOL. And oddly, it meant the world to me that no only did he feel i was the one that should hold him, but that he wasn't to masculine to let me comfort him.
I love your lyrical approach to this task, T.

~Scarlett

Mon Mar 27, 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

very direct and specific list, t. it's obvious your personal growth has given you the insight necessary to know exactly what kind of woman you want at this stage in your life. luckily, there are alot of sistas who fit that bill. happy hunting!

Mon Mar 27, 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I loved your list.

Mon Mar 27, 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger P said...

You know something. . .

I loved 5, 8, and 9.

5: Women make that big mistake all the time, then cry foul when he doesn't put them first.

8: Don't get me started. Men needs Admiration, Encouragement, Trust and a few other things to keep them driven. They like to be loved, but more than that, like to be stroked.

9: Those things are what make love and life beautiful.

Mon Mar 27, 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ tigerkiss- I got something just for you. And yes I had to look it up. Thanks for checking out my list. There's the First Verse. LOL

girl I don't need you, but chu need me
take it off, let it flop, shake it freely
and I don't tell stories, I let em tell itself
and you aint gotta sell sex, girl, it sells itself, like nothing else
yeah I’m a country boy, but that big city bottom fill me up with joy
aint life grand (life's grand) live it up daddy
here go da whisper song, baby this is us ready?
Put it on me enthusiastically, what ever it is that chu do, you do it
admirably
and I aint choose it, that thang chose me
its bubba n kane ying yang, all the way insane
yo!

Mon Mar 27, 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ Scarlett - I'm gonna steal ya man's quote: "every nigga likes to be held once and a while." LOL

@ nikki - Happy Hunting? She gonna have to hunt me. You know I gotta Social Anxiety Disorder. LOL

@ honey-libra- thanx, just keep that sex history meme on your site far away from me. I did it in my mind, but I don't know if I could put it out there that honest.

@ P - What about the rest of the list? You saying my list is only 30% good? LMAO. Thanks as always for stopping by.

Mon Mar 27, 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

lol

luckily for you, atlanta's full of women willing to hunt. so i guess i should change my statement to "happy getting caught"

Mon Mar 27, 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

AWWW T Cass!!!
I loved your whole list!!!
I am THE music head so I damn near fell in love with you
right here!!!
This was beautiful! Thanx. When I do my list I'm going to link yours!!

Tue Mar 28, 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

ahh, dope quotes.

My list would be somewhat similar, but tailored to fit a man. But I would scratch number 7 (not a fan of kids) and I would change number 4. I don't want an intelligent guy. I want a dumb one to make me feel smarter.

Tue Mar 28, 07:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonita applebum...that's me!!!...(bb)

Fri Mar 31, 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

Tue Apr 24, 12:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home