In honor of this being my 100th post, I wanted to do something different to mark the occasion. Here are 100 things I’ve learned from blogging.
1. Blogging is fun.
2. I’m really nosey. I check people’s blogs all day and night
3. Blogging is addictive. See above.
4. There are some really cool people in the blogging world
5. There are some real assholes in the blogging world
6. Some people be making this shit up.
7. There are bloggers whose blog personas are different than their real life personas
8. I’ve learned the phrase “blog crush.” I’ve had one or two.
9. I’ve learned the phrase “blog beef” Haven’t had one yet but I’m looking forward to it.
10. Some people take this blog thing way too seriously. I had a reader get real life mad at me for something I wrote.
11. I read mostly blogs by women
12. There are a gang of gay male bloggers. I don’t read those.
13. There are only a handful of straight Black male bloggers like me. I always wondered why that is.
14. There are other people like me out there in the world.
15. There are a lot of people not like me in the world. But I still enjoy reading their life.
16. Straight Black male bloggers are some arrogant muhfuckas. That’s not a bad thing, it just is what it is.
17. Female bloggers are far more forthcoming in their blogs
18. Just about everybody got drama in their lives.
19. People in California still say “the bomb.” I had no idea.
20. There are a lot of bloggers in the DC/MD/VA area.
21. There are a lot of bloggers in the ATL
22. If you want people to comment on your blog, you have to comment on their blog.
23. Some bloggers get upset if you don’t comment every day.
24. Other bloggers get upset if you do comment every day.
25. My writing changed when people started commenting on my blog. I started out just writing for myself. Now I write to entertain and so people can relate to my shit.
26. I am an attention whore and a comment whore. I check my comments and site meter all the time to see who is reading.
27. I sometimes censor myself b/c I don’t want to offend my readers.
28. I am extremely proud of my blog and even though I didn’t want real life acquaintances to know about it at first, I now tell just about everybody I am close to.
29. A couple of times I have put my foot in my mouth in my posts b/c real life people found out too much information
30. It’s a small world after all. Real life sometimes intrudes on the blog world.
31. Most people don’t really read or write posts on the weekend.
32. Some times the comments section is more entertaining than the blog itself.
33. Bloggers love to reminisce.
34. Bloggers love to tell you their pet peeves.
35. Bloggers love “random” posts
36. I love to read those types of posts too.
37. I used to pick my blogs based on the profile pictures.
38. Now I pick my blogs based on the first 3 posts on the page. If they are interesting, I will be back.
39. Or if I read an interesting comment in someone else’s blog, I’ll check out the commenter’s blog.
40. I have had to stop finding new blogs b/c I have about 40 saved in my favorites already.
41. I get annoyed when people don’t write new posts.
42. I realize that people have other stuff going on, but selfishly I still want them to write new posts.
43. I hate when I find a new blog and it has 75 comments already. I don’t want to be the only one commenting, but I also don’t want to be one of so many that the writer doesn’t even notice I’m there.
44. I actually enjoy getting tagged, just not three times in one week. Spread them shits out.
45. The cliffhanger is a blogger’s best friend. It keeps people coming back.
46. Sometimes when I see a long ass post, I will skim it and comment and then read the whole thing when I have time.
47. I realize that I write long ass posts too. LOL
48. Blogger is responsible for many unproductive hours at work.
49. I sometimes forgo sleep in order to blog. There are times I know I should be in the bed, but I’m reading or writing.
50. Blogging has actually improved my social skills. I have come to realize that if I can vibe with people I don’t know on the computer, I can do it in real life.
51. It’s amazing to me that people I don’t know actually care about my life.
52. I used to think I had a boring life, but now I realize that I am a drama magnet. Something crazy is always happening around me.
53. My first thought when something happens is “I can’t wait to blog about this.”
54. I sometimes start writing a simple post that turns into a long epic. For example, that story about Earl and Freaknik was only supposed to be one post and it turned into three.
55. I refuse to proofread my posts. For some reason, I just don’t care if there are typos and misspellings.
56. Talking to fellow bloggers on Instant Messenger is cool. I get to see another side of them.
57. No matter what people (you know who I am talking to) say, I do not use my blog roll as “potential p*ssy.” Any flirting is just flirting. Nothing more.
58. Although, if an opportunity did arise, I would not necessarily run from it.
59. The concept of meeting bloggers in real life used to scare me, but not anymore. Bring on the Blogger Convention! First round on me!
60. I think it would be cool to hang out with some of the bloggers I read across North America. If I ever go on vacation, I’m a send some of y’all an email.
61. There are a lot of other bloggers obsessed with music like me.
62. Coming up with titles of posts from hip hop songs is hard sometimes, but other times it just comes natural.
63. I think I’m gonna start using R&B/Soul lyrics in my next hundred posts.
64. Reading other peoples comments and posts about music has reminded me about stuff I need to buy.
65. I’m either gonna go broke from buying music or go to jail for downloading. 66. There are a lot of blogs that do reality show recaps. I have never watched an entire episode of American Idol, Top Model, or The Apprentice. I usually just skip those posts.
67. There are a lot of blogs dedicated to celebrities. I can read some of them, but the ones that are all negative, I have to skip.
68. Are you really reading this? Do you really care what I learned?
69. A lot of bloggers are dissatisfied with their love lives.
70. A lot of bloggers can’t find “the one”
71. A lot of bloggers are unhappily married.
72. Some bloggers are extra comfortable talking about their sex lives.
73. I’m not comfortable talking about that aspect of my life, so I usually keep it vague.
74. That’s probably because I know some people from my real life are reading.
75. Or I don’t want to talk about sex b/c I know when I read some other peoples blogs I think they are making stuff up or d*ck bragging.
76. Or maybe I’m just a private person.
77. I’m working on exposing my flaws more in my blog.
78. The only problem is that I have learned to accept my flaws and not seem them in a negative light.
79. I’ve debated if I will write about it if I ever get in a serious relationship. At this point, the answer is yes, but that is subject to change.
80. On a scale of 1-10, I think my blog is a 8 when it comes to honesty.
81. I don’t make stuff up, I just leave some information out.
82. It bothers me that I can’t tell everything, but that is my choice. I think I can do better on that front.
83. I want to actually finish my novel and screenplay.
84. Blogging has been good and bad for my writing. It has inspired me to pick writing back up, but distracted me from finishing.
85. I have a need to be different. Even with my tags, I don’t want it to read like everybody else’s.
86. I don’t like it when I read somebody’s blog and they use an idea that I was thinking about. I feel like I should have done it first.
87. Writer’s block is real. Sometimes I just don’t have anything to say.
88. I come up with my best ideas when I’m not trying. Like in the shower or in the car, a lyric will hit me and I’ll start writing my post in my head.
89. I really want to do a post every M-F, but I just don’t have stuff to write about everyday.
90. It seems like every blog I read, you see the same people commenting on it.
91. I guess that’s b/c blogging really is a community.
92. I have a couple of blogs I read that I read and don’t tell nobody about it. I just want to have something of my own.
93. I wanna switch up my template, I’m blog jealous of everyone who got a nice new template.
94. I’m probably not going to do it, because its too much work.
95. While a lot of people are going on blog hiatus, I’m becoming more and more obsessed by the day.
96. I don’t foresee myself stopping blogging in the near future.
97. I genuinely like my blog family. That’s a change b/c I usually get tired of people very quickly.
98. People like me, They really like me! That’s also surprising b/c I know I can be an acquired taste.
99. 100 posts in six months! I can’t believe I’m actually sticking to something.
100. I hope you guys stick around for 100 more. I really appreciate being a small part of your lives. Thanks for reading.
It was written…