Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a pretty good Memorial Day weekend. Like to hear it, hear it go:

Friday night, I stayed home and watched Dallas beat Phoenix in the NBA playoffs. After that I watched a bootleg of Mis.sion Im.poss.ble III on my computer. Unsolicited review: It was aiight, nothing special. Not the best movie, but not the worst. Over the course of the weekend I also watched Syri.ana and Pose.idon. Syri.ana was pretty cool, I was impressed mostly with the acting. Watching Pose.idon, my first thought was why did they even remake this movie? Just about everything was the same as the original, except I think Richard Dreyfuss played a gay character. I dont know I wasn't paying too much attention. Anyway, I was tired from a long week at work, so I went to sleep after washing clothes and having an uncomfortable phone conversation. Saturday, I had a high school graduation to go to, but that thing was too early in the morning for me. I mean who has their ceremony at 9 AM? I took Saturday as a recovery day and pretty much did nothing again, except to go out to eat. Jessica was back in town, and we made plans for Sunday.

Sunday, I hit up Six Flags with Jessica, her 15 year old sister, Sharissa and her friend Jamie. Since they had season passes, i got in for $5 on the buddy pass. That's pretty much all the money I spent except for when we were leaving and I treated the ladies to funnel cakes. It was hot as balls in the park that afternoon and as you may remember from a previous post, T. don't wear shorts in public. Around the 2nd rollercoaster, that bit of irrationality melted away. I will be going to buy some shorts very soon. Ain't no way I'm gonna last all summer in long pants without falling out from heatstroke. Anyway, Sharissa was my ride partner for most of the day. I started out like a punk, but eventually I manned up and was willing to ride just about anything (except the Agorophobia, the free fall joint. I had to draw the line at that one.) The line was too long to ride the new ride "The Goliath", but we decided we would come back another time. All in all, I was happy to be hanging out with Jessica again, in a drama free environment, unlike last weekend.

On Monday, I braved the heat again to hang with Collipark, her fiance and Mario. We went to Piedmont Park for the Atlanta Jazz Festival. We had two coolers full of beer and other not as exciting drinks (i.e. water, gator.ade.) Again, the temperature was in the 90's, and my dumb ass was wearing jeans. I had a personal conversation with the sun for the majority of the day, and that muhfucka is a close talker. (Liquor and TV, that Seinfeld reference was for you.) Even with the intense UV rays, I still didn't get a good tan. My arms are still yellowish, instead of the burnt seinna I was going for. We listened to some jazz musicians I had never heard of, and people watched for most of the afternoon. It was a pretty nice scene and entertaining with a lot of weirdos in the crowd. Mario and I scoped out the women while Collipark and Fiance chilled. I noticed something both at Six Flags and at the park. Its getting harder and harder to tell which females are of age. We would see a woman from far away and then when she got closer, we would realize she is a high school kid. I don't know what they feeding these kids, but they need to stop it. I felt like a dirty old man out there. Mario and I came up with a way to tell a woman's age. It's just a joke, so don't get mad at me for this one. We figure that if you look at a woman and she still has that wide eyed look, like she still has hopes and ambitions, then she too young. But, if she looks jaded and has that "I've been fucked over" look, then she is legal. We cracked up on that joke and even had some of the people around us laughing. I didn't go to any cookouts, but I still got a nice take home plate from Collipark, who did her thing on the grill the day before.

So that was my 3 day weekend. No drama to speak of for once. I just had a good time and got out of the house. Other than losing about 15 pounds from the heat, it was all good. How was your weekend? Do anything special?

It was written...

16 Comments:

Blogger chele said...

What's the deal with the shorts? My son has always refused to wear shorts in public ... until today. I looked at him this morning and had to do a double take. He said, "Yes Mom. I'm wearing shorts. Can you take me shopping this weekend to get some more?" He also swims with a t-shirt on.

Tue May 30, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

lmao @ "We figure that if you look at a woman and she still has that wide eyed look, like she still has hopes and ambitions, then she too young. But, if she looks jaded and has that "I've been fucked over" look, then she is legal."
That is the truth. You might as well be the one to give her that jaded look in her eyes.

I don't wear shorts either, but I wear skirts. That's the out for women who don't want to wear shorts. Why don't you wear shorts?

Tue May 30, 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

lmao@"i've been fucked over"...unfortunately, that's an accurate way to figure it out.

and get ya ass some damn shorts, t. at the very least, your pale twigs might have a tinge of sun to them by the time summer is over. LOL

glad you had a good weekend. you already know how mine went down. :(

btw, he didn't make it. i'll be heading back to alabama soon.

Tue May 30, 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

lmao! love the theory on how to find a girl of age.

So what's the deal with the shorts? I love shorts, shit i'm wearing them today as a matter of fact!

The Atlanta Jazz Festival sounds fun, hope there's good stuff going on when Miz JJ and I make our way down there...roll out the red carpet T. lol.

btw, i'm impressed by all the the rides you went on! I'm so terrified of heights i'm useless at an amusement park.

Tue May 30, 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Cool AC said...

T, Try wearing some sun block. While it protects you from the sun, it seems to draw the rays to you so you get dark. It works! (I am a self proclaimed expert tanner. I got it down to a science!)

I think you may have something with your theory of how to tell which women are of age! LOL! Sad, but it is true. You need to copyright that!

Tue May 30, 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True on that theory, yet I have a few wide-eyed friends who are full grown women. They just have a high tolerance for B.S.

I don't wear shorts, either, but that's because I'm in NYC.

It's odd...women wearing some of the shortest skirts here, but dudes freak out if they see a few in a pair of shorts! What gives with that???

Tue May 30, 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hahahaha..."if she has that jaded look, then she's legal..". Hahahaha...that's way too funny. Yeah, it's gettin crazy, cause some of these girls be lookin grown as hell...glad you had a chill and mellow weekend. Mine was pretty chillaxed too...

Tue May 30, 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger chele said...

Okay, I skimmed, commented, read it again and now I'm back. I have that jaded look ... a guy once asked me, "Who the hell jaded you?" What-the-fuck-ever.

Tue May 30, 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Too funny.

I don't do shorts either. I prefer skirts. But go get you some of those cute cargo shorts in like tan, green and black. And then rock them with some crispy white, lo top Ups...Air Forces 1...whatever y'all call them down therre. lol Cute!

And why am I the girl who looks under age! The other day this cute little boy tried to talk to me. He was 20 and thought I was "MAYBE 19". Obviously HE'S too young to identify the 'fucked over' gloss in my eyes. lol

Tue May 30, 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

The sunblock thing does work, get some #15...and go on and get some shorts before you pass out! Just make sure you use some lotion, and NO LONG WHITE TUBE SOCKS!!! I luuv rollercoasters. Im glad to see at least one other Black person that likes them...

I use the jaded thing in reverse for men.
When they walk free, arms swinging, staring off into space, grinning? they are younger

...stiff walking, cautious, shifty-eyed, balding? they are older

...smiling, look of hunger? (hard p*nis in one hand and a plate of cooked food in the other) I am about to get a phone number...LOL

Tue May 30, 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! My weekend was pretty good to, except for the part when my sister’s goddaughter thru up all over me! Other than that we had a blast – drinking, eating, shopping, and watching DVDs. I was hot as hell down here (in the 90s) so I tried to do as little as possible outside!

Tue May 30, 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I have yet to incorporate that into a post...lol...I will though, it's coming.

Finally Blogger is letting me post comments. It wasn't before. Seems like you had a pretty nice holiday weekend.

I don't really do the shorts thing anymore but I will rock the hell out of a miniskirt! But the new cropped shorts are giving me some hope :-)

Wed May 31, 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I have yet to incorporate that into a post...lol...I will though, it's coming.

Finally Blogger is letting me post comments. It wasn't before. Seems like you had a pretty nice holiday weekend.

I don't really do the shorts thing anymore but I will rock the hell out of a miniskirt! But the new cropped shorts are giving me some hope :-)

Wed May 31, 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chele - I dont know where the shorts thing came from, I think it was from chronic ashiness as a kid.

@ miz jj - no, I don't wanna be that guy! LOL

@ chris - mmm, naps. I miss those. I think that adults should be able to take a nap during the day.

@ nikki - you think thats accurate? we was just messing around. Looks like we hit it on the head.

@ mocha - I'm gonna get some shorts, It took 2 days of heat to get over it. I already told miz jj, but if you do come through, you got some bloggers that wanna hang with you, if you can fit us in your schedule.

@ cool ac - I had sunblock on, but I don't know what kind it was.

@ cocoa - it might be the pantyhose with the skirts, maybe seeing them in shorts we get to see the real leg. LOL

@ Charles - I'm glad you feel me on that. good to hear you had a chill weekend

@ so...wise - I think another reason I dont do shorts is that I dont really do sneakers too much. I must have missed that day when they were passing out sneaker sensability

@ chezniki- you crazy! LOL I never want to ride a roller coaster until I get to the park, and then Im all good

@ N search - if it was hot in GA, I know it was blazing in Florida. I read about the vomit incident, that was nasty.

@ collipark - if anyone asks, that idea was all me. Mario dont get credit for that one. LMAO

@ Tenacious - I thought them shorts didn't fit? yeah, the weekend was good.

Wed May 31, 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

rofl..OK I don't wear shorts either. I wear skirts, but no shorts or capris. I just feel goofy in shorts. But I know I look goofy wearing jeans in 95 degree weather.

haha@the close talker...lol

I never went to that Jazz Festival. I always figured it would be a bunch of those Tom Joyner crowd types.

Wed May 31, 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

LOL...Not those pair! *sniff* I wish...

I've bought about three pairs (that do fit) but it's still hope for the other ones...

Wed May 31, 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home