Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Think I'm In Love... Again

Inspiration - "Prototype" - Outkast "If we happen to part/Lord knows I don't want that/But hey, we can't be mad at God/We met today for a reason/I think I'm on the right track now/ I think I'm in love again."

What I'm Listening To - "Disposable Arts" - Masta Ace

Question(s) I Asked Myself Today - "Will anybody read this post this weekend?"

I saw her from across the room. She was about 5'4", chocolatey brown, looked like a Delta. She was even wearing red. Hen and Coke gave me the courage to approach her. It was a long week at work and I just wanted to unwind. I didn't think I would fall in love.

Flashback to earlier that night. I was chilling at the crib as usual, when it hit me. "Son, you are wasting away your life. You are reasonably good looking, relatively young, and a pretty cool guy. Why are you sitting at home on a Friday night?" I had no answer for this question so I decided to do something about it. I searched the net for a club to hit up. I hadn't been to a club in a while, so I didn't know where to go. I called an acquaintance and found out the hot spot du jour.

I took a shower, got dressed and hit the highway. When I got to the club at around 12, I have to admit that I wasn't really feeling the line. I mean I understand the whole concept of the velvet rope, but I am not very patient and I hate waiting. The only thing that kept me there were the abundance of women standing in line. If they look this good outside, what's it going to look like inside? I just knew it was going to be thick.

I paid the cover charge and walked around the club for a minute. The women were looking good. I found a seat at the bar, and ordered a drink and went into observation mode. One thing I do remember from the club scene is that you don't want to settle for the first girl that catches your eye. A man can afford to be picky. Besides the night was still young, and there were a lot of prospects to choose from.

Now onto my second drink, I was still watching the ladies. There was a large variety to choose from. I had a Tribe Called Quest Moment. You know "I like em Brown, Yellow, Puerto Rican and Haitian." (Electric Relaxation - A Tribe Called Quest.) I did not want to step to the wrong one, so I layed in the cut for awhile and watched them dance. If you remember a couple of posts ago, I can't stand the snap dance thing, so that eliminated some of them. I'm a NY guy at heart, so when Jigga came on, and I saw this light skinned girl in camouflage getting down, I decided to go for it.

I left my perch at the bar and walked towards her. That's when I saw "Chocolate" on the other side of the club. She was dancing with her homegirls and for some reason wasn't getting much male attention. I couldn't believe it. I mean she was stunning. I guess not everybody is into the darkskinned girls like I am. I did a 180 and sat back at the bar and ordered another drink. I needed another boost of that liquid courage. With drink in hand, I calmly walked up to her and asked "can I have this dance?" She smiled and obliged so we found a spot to shake something. She told me her name, and I told her mine. "We chit(ed) and chat(ted) about this and that/from what kinda whip she push to what bars she be at." (The Lox - The Bitches of Eastwick.) Song after song went by and I was entranced by "Chocolate's" movements.

"We got close and it was almost 1:00" (Mahogany - Eric B. and Rakim.) I lost track of how long we were together. Damn, if it didn't happen to me. I think I'm in love. Love at first sight. That's some stuff you see in the movies. Stuff like that doesn't happen in real life, especially to me. I'm cold hearted, emotionless, standoffish, guarded, jaded. (My comments section on Thursday. LOL) Nevertheless, I couldn't deny that I was weakening right there in the club. "Chocolate" had me open.

Don't take me for a punk when I tell you this, but I was envisioning our first date, moving in together, the wedding, and our two precocious kids. Christopher and Aaliyah. The house in Alpharetta, her Jaguar and my Range Rover, and vacations on an island resort. The rest of my life flashed before my eyes and I liked it. "I think I'm in love...again" (Prototype - Outkast. But have you heard Raheem DeVaughan's version? It's even better in my opinion.) Imagine that, T. has fallen in love. However, I was soon jolted from my fantasy...
"That's ten dances. You wanna keep going?"

" Nah, that's cool. $50 right?"

"Yeah, but you can give me a tip"

I handed Chocolate 3 $20 bills as she put her red negligee back on. She kissed me on the cheek and said...

"Thank you, baby!"

Damn, I'm in love with a stripper. ("I'm In Love With A Stripper" - T Pain.) LOL

Psyche!!! I stayed home tonight, but maybe this will happen tomorrow when I hit up the strip club. I crack myself up!!! I hope everyone has a good weekend!

It was written...

27 Comments:

Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

It was written...

YOUs A FOOL!!!

LMAO!!! You had me for real....I was sitting here like awwwwwwwww. He found love in the nightclub while I found it in the bottle LOL!! I guess only one was correct...*so embarrassed*

Good story teller man, I'm such a fan.

Ok gotta go lay my hung over self down...why the hell am I up this earlier anyways *shrug*

Sat Jul 15, 08:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

You really had me going, T. LMAO.

You ain't right.

SRae

Sat Jul 15, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

See that aint right!

Just for that you probably will fall in luv with a 'dancer' when you go out tonight!

You nut!

Sat Jul 15, 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAssssssssss you know you aint right. I was like damn. I was with you for a min. Look what you done done to me. Hey you never finishe up that story about Earl?

Sat Jul 15, 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

DAMMIT T!!!

You had me going for a hot second!!!

What is it with you and skrippers?

You know I was going to make a smart comment like, "T if you got out to the clubs more and not the strip club..." but I got into the story, I'm like "Damn old girl got through "Dance Floor Kryptonite" T?"

Damn you got me....you got me good :-)

Sat Jul 15, 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

haha, you suck son. I already had my hating comments ready..."I bet she turns out to be crazy"..."Girls that dance in groups are usually nut cases"..."You talkin about may I have this dance, like yall at the prom"..I was ready boy.

Sat Jul 15, 04:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could throw a shoe at yo azz right now! LOL You are wrooooooong for that man.

Sat Jul 15, 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

ha!
i don't surf blogs much n e more.
but this was funny!
thanx for the laugh.

Sat Jul 15, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

raheem's version is definitely HOT!!! dammit t. cas!!! lemme find out you're my "soulmate." and if that's the case, then "ask yourself" a question, do you "believe" in me or or am i trippin' from too much contact off these "green leaves"???? ;) LOL

Sat Jul 15, 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger fuckgoogle said...

Apologies in order I haven't even read the whole post yet *I will* you've been added to the infrastructure....1

Sun Jul 16, 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ G - Thanks, homey. I was just buggin out last night

@ Royce's Daughter - dont be embarrassed. I'm sure I tricked just about everybody

@ Scarlett - I know I aint right, but it was so much fun.

@ ChezNiki - Unfortunately, I didnt make it to the club tonight. I'll take that nut as a compliment

@ anon - Sorry for tricking you (not really)LOL. I've moved on from Earl, but I got more stories coming if you wanna stick around

@ Tenacious - I thought you would have immediately known it was a trick, cuz T. dont dance. LOL

@ Trish - I didn't go to the booty shake club, but theres always next week, right? I'm glad I was able to fool you.

@ Liquor and TV - LMAO - I can't beleive you of all people fell for it. You know I don't get down like that

@ Diva (in demand) - *ducks shoe* It was all in good fun. LOL

@ Diamond Rubies and Colapop - interesting name, you're welcome for the laugh

@ blue butterfli - I guess I am a chump. but it was so much fun. LMAO

@ fallen angel - "Guess who loves you more"

@ 911 - thanks

Sun Jul 16, 02:39:00 AM  
Blogger fuckgoogle said...

Yes sir, The only thing that could have made this post better was/is....links to those songs sendspace would be nice....lol....thanks in advance bbwwwaaahhhahahaha.....1

Sun Jul 16, 04:10:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

storytelling at its best. you had us all fooled. LOL

well, not ALL of us, but if folk don't know t don't dance, they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. great job, t.

Sun Jul 16, 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

AWW SHIT!!!
You too crazy...

I love chocolate girls too, I wish I was chocolate, but you right, men don't appreciate black beauties (booties)...*lol*
Sofa King WHAT? I'm still getting my tan and when I move to Dallas, it will be permenent...

I have black envy...*lol*

Sun Jul 16, 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger 4EverJennayNay said...

Ummm You are a mess...

had me goin foreal.

Sun Jul 16, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ nikki - I knew you wouldnt be fooled, but I'm glad you liked it anyway.

@ nsane - yeah, I think the sun in Dallas is hotter than anywhere else I been. You gonna get yo black on

@ ttd - thanks, that was my goal

@ jennaynay - I am a mess aint I. glad i had you going.

Mon Jul 17, 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

okay so I downloaded the Raheem DaVaughn version of "prototype" and I like it. My bf (who is a HUGE fan of the Love Below) and I then commenced to have the longest debate about which version is better. I'm still torn, but he is staunchly opposed to the new version. LOL.
Thank you, T., for providing stimulating dinner conversation.

SRae

Mon Jul 17, 04:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

You are too crazy...so we expet to here about the Skip Club today, right???

Mon Jul 17, 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

So were you really listening to Disposable Arts, or was that a lie too?

Mon Jul 17, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Damn! I know T don't dance and I still fell for it!

Why you messin' wit us?!

Mon Jul 17, 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ scarlett - I vote for Raheems, just cuz he sings better than Andre 3000, but I can get why the BF likes the original better.

@ cocoa - sorry,I didnt make it to the club. I had kind of a date.

@ liquor - I was listening to that and Long Hot Summer while I was writing it

@ mocha - LOL, we just talked about the dancing last week, and I fooled you? I must be good

Mon Jul 17, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

aw hell I thought this was real. damn you.

Mon Jul 17, 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

You know my cynical azz had a comment about you skipping the chick that could dance for the chick dancing in a group...you had me fooled....
....I don't like that she-ite, so don't do it again...LOL

Mon Jul 17, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

You crack me up, too, Tcas. You're the best. You ever thought about being a Humor writer? Okay, see you later.

Mon Jul 17, 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ stilts _ what you didnt think it was funny? LOL

@ blah blah blah - I just thought about what you said the other day... and went the total opposite. LOL

@ Insanity - I'm trying to write, but it ain't very funny. I may have to reconsider my genre.

Mon Jul 17, 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I was like what?! I done missed him falling in love.....

Man I was all up on the screen LOL

Mon Jul 17, 04:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Lexapro no prescription Ozzy parts washer paris hilton vag 2002 nissan pathfinder trailer wiring kit Two girls and penis Power wheel chair and rain Vitamines and pharmaceutical companies Effexor 75mgm Xanax medicine Blackjack compare prices at nextag.com

Fri Mar 02, 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home