Thursday, October 26, 2006

Three Divas, Buck Passing and Sexual Harrassment

Yesterday at work...

Three Divas

Yesterday at work all the managers were taking a picture together. It's a rather menial task. Show up, smile and leave, right? I get there at 12:30 and stand in the front with the rest of the vertically challenged managers. Then the divas took over. White Diva who is taking the picture decides that we should all face sideways and do some crazy shit with our hands like we at Olan Mills. Black Diva decides that enough of her is not showing in the picture and wants to sit down so you can see her face more clearly. Gay Diva doesn't want to stand in the back because you can't see his chin. We rearrange where we are sitting/standing 6 times and finally White Diva takes the picture. Black Diva looks at the picture and decides we need to take another one because someone was blinking. We take another picture. White Diva doesn't like that someone (ME) wasn't smiling. We take another picture. Gay Diva is bitchy because you can't see his chin. We take 4 more pictures. I finally say that I have to go to another meeting so pick one of these and be happy with it. It's now 1PM. It took 30 minutes to take a picture. As I leave, White, Black and Gay Divas are arguing over which picture to use.

Buck Passing

I wrote some employee reviews on September 22nd. I had to wait for my manager's approval before I submitted the raise requests to payroll. Almost everyday since then I have been asking her about them. She seems to have some ulterior motive for delaying, but she wont let me in on her plan. One of my employees asks about his review, and I tell him that we are waiting for approval as my manager instructed me to tell him. My manager's manager asks me about the reviews yesterday. Asks when am I going to be able to finish them. Seems like my manager passed the buck onto me, when I was finished with my part a long time ago. I forward her the completed reviews from September 22nd to show her that I was finished a month ago. My manager's manager calls my manager (confusing enough?) into the office and berates her in my eye sight. I just "accidentally" threw my manager under the bus for passing the buck. OOPS! LOL!

Sexual Harrassment

I'm hanging out in the lobby talking to a couple of people. I get on the elevator still chatting as I'm waiting for the door to close. This girl walks nonchalantly by the 2 females I was talking to then sees me in the elevator. She changes her casual strut into a Top Model walk switching her ass and says "Heeeey Raaassshhhaaaannn" I give her the head nod and what's up like I'm too cool to notice what just happened. Later that afternoon, she comes to my desk on the third floor and strikes up a conversation. She is bending down showing me her magenta bra and touching me on the arm. She tells me I have good hair and tries to rub my head. She invites me to a party this weekend, which of course I politely decline since she is a subordinate. She finally leaves and one of the women I was talking to earlier says "You know that's sexual harrassment right?" Can men really be sexually harrassed? I'm damn sure not about to file a complaint.

It was written...

21 Comments:

Blogger Tenacious said...

@ T

I did that entry while at work. LOL. Enough said.

Actually TWIN and I do have the same name....twice as many stupid questions when we're together. Or folks think we're lying. One or the other

*sigh* Puffy irrites me to the third degree, Biggie is straight rolling ove three or four times due to Puff. Nigga you'd still be the dude in the jacuzzi if Bigs was still around.

Thu Oct 26, 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol@ the divas and the picture taking. Is it really that serious.

Whatever to your manager. Don't blame me for you incompetence. That is the reason I keep all my emails. Our system has a feature so that you can see when the person opens your email. I caught one of my bitchy coworkers that way. She tried to say I did not send her the email. I printed up the receipt generated by the system that says she opened the email and what time. Boo yah bitch. You should have seen her face when I produced that piece of paper. Do not fuck with me at work. I do my job so you should do yours.

Be careful with that sexual harassment shit at work. Be curt and professional and never be alone with her. She could always try to flip the script if she feels too 'rejected'.

Thu Oct 26, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

"Heeeey Raaassshhhaaaannn" :-)
Your manager was wrong as hell for passing the buck. Glad it came back around. Next time she will do her d*mn job.

You were a champ to sit for that friggin' picture! I probably would have been an asshole after the 3rd take & left the building!

Mizz JJ is right about the chick in the magenta bra. Working in HR, I have see people flip the script. the truth eventually comes out though. Be weary of her motives when you are alone in the office.

Thu Oct 26, 01:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite the day. lol

I agree with miz jj. Be careful with that female because you never know what kind of shady mess she may try to pull. I would to write something up and have it on file with your manager, her's or someones just in case something transpires later. Although, you've probably pissed YOUR manager off so she MAY not be your best bet. lol. She DESERVED to get her ass chewed out for that one. That DUMMY! lol

Thu Oct 26, 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Dyin laffin @ the 3 Divas!!!! I wonder how long they argued about that silly photo. I never delete my Deleted or Sent Items! You might have to recognize people's garbage one day! The crap we deal with at work...

Guys don't usually say Magenta, T.Cas. I'm impressed! But stay away from that broad. No good can come from that drama!

Thu Oct 26, 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

lol@the pics. lol@vertically challenged. lol@me always being in the BACK row in pics.

lol@the 3 Divas

lol@you getting sexually harrassed during raise time.

lol@you getting your mgr in trouble, but it was either YOU or HER.

Thu Oct 26, 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

RUN

Thu Oct 26, 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Your job is hilarious...you've always got a story. If I ever move to ATL...I wanna work there...

...then again...I'd probably end up in jail...never mind.

Thu Oct 26, 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

*ignoringthepartaboutthehottiethrowingyouass*
Wow, dude. What was your manager trying to do? That was some extra foul shit. I'm glad she got it and not you.

KZ

Thu Oct 26, 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I like Gay Diva...Gay Men cracks me up.

That's what your manager gets LOL!

No you can't be sexually harrassed cause her harrassment cancels itself out because of all of your harrassment...albeit not necessarily blatant but men harrass with their eyes too...you friggin perverts!

Oh and I finally downloaded the pics from my camera LOL!!

Thu Oct 26, 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ Tenacious - yeah, i pulled out the Crayola box for that one. on a side note, I call my skin town Burnt Sienna. What you know about that 64 box? LOL

@ Miz JJ - My old manager told me all the time to keep a paper trail, and I listened. Shit was crazy. The sexual harassment thing aint no big deal, it happens to me all the time. Aint too many straight brothas at my gig.

@ Paula D. - Only reason I stayed is that my Outlook calendar was blocked out for the whole half hour. Had no idea it would go that long

@ The Goddess - Thats a typical day in the life at my gig. It could make a good sitcom

@ SandyBaby - Dont have to worry about old Magenta. She cute and all, but I don't do that workplace stuff... anymore.

@ Liquor and TV - Luckily old girl aint on my team so it was more about me than the money. Or so I keep telling myself. ROFL

@ Trizzy - You know you don't be wearing no bras... or drawers... or anything when I'm around. LOL

@ Negropino - Running Maam

@ Bloopty Blop - I would hire you, but you would probably just sexually harass me and get me fired. LOL

@ KZ - she been shady for a minute, she a more disorganized than I am, and she tries to cover shit up

@ RD - email me them joints at visionz74@yahoo.com. Thanks for calling me a friggin pervert. LMAO

Thu Oct 26, 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ T

tell me Donna is not the hot mess that works with you...in that case RUN dont WALK to HR!

Thu Oct 26, 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

this makes me wanna get a magenta bra and a new job just to fuck with someone's day...

thanks dude i feel inspired!

Fri Oct 27, 01:10:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

HELL YEAH MEN CAN BE HARRASSED! although usually, they enjoy "attention" too much to take offense...

Fri Oct 27, 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

that's what ur manager gets!

so... the only reason u declined is b/c she's ur subordinate?? that aint right. lol

Fri Oct 27, 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

...but I would share the settlement money with you...*wink*

Matter of fact, we should go ahead and do this real quick before the holidays...you know get us some shopping money and whatnot!

Fri Oct 27, 09:26:00 AM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

Uh uh uh..Hilarious.. See this is why I stay in my office and stay to my dayum self! People urk me including dem divas and dat managa AND DA MODEL STRUTTIN WANNA BE DICKED DOWN HEFFA dat be all up in yo face..hmpf.. LOL

Fri Oct 27, 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was so special about dude's chin?

Your manager belonged under the bus.

Was ole girl creating a hostile work environment? Does she have any professional power over you? I don't think it was harrassment.

Fri Oct 27, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ tenacious - no, that H.A.M. wants it too, but this was not her. Donna is the manager.

@ Miss Ahmad - I live to inspire you. LOL

@ Fallen - That was my point. It was an ego boost not harassment to me

@ nika - I had to use a word that let you know that I could get in trouble, not her. but yeah, I'm an asshole LOL

@ 3b - lets set this plan in motion, the other get rich quick scheme didnt work out too well. LOL

@ DurtyMo - LOL it got worse, we had a work party yesterday and I had to hang out with them outside the office. Thank God for free margaritas.

@ Chele - notadamn thing, he was just being a diva wanted his whole entire face in the picture. She is like 4 job grades below me, it wasn't harassment at all.

Fri Oct 27, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Dang, I'm slipping on staying caught up. Feel you on the pic...We used to have to take this annual pic in front of the office Christmas tree, I would be the mean looking black girl in her regular clothes surrounded by all these smiling white women in Christmas sweaters and crap. Glad I'm out of that damn unit. LOL

Anyway, that's what the hell your manager gets...slacker. That manager who made us take them damn pics had her face cracked by the mean black girl (me) all the time. I knew her job better than her.

Magenta, T? LOL, anyway, stay away from her, cause like people have said before, she can flip it on you real quick if she doesn't like being played to the left.

Fri Oct 27, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

We just took a department picture last week, too. Our group is so busy that everyone was just like SNAP THE DAMN PICTURE! LOL!

That is sexual harrasment. Perhaps, you should address it with her.

Mon Oct 30, 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home