Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Uninspired

Apparently, I went on an unannounced Blog break. I haven't even looked at my blog since Friday. It wasn't intentional, I just haven't had anything to write about. I guess this is normal for most bloggers, but it's strange to me. For the last 10 months, I have done nothing but think about what I'm going to write, how I'm gonna write and how people are going to react to what I write. This weekend, I stayed off the internet all weekend, except to download music. That meant no IM conversations, no blog reading, and no looking up random thoughts that pop in my head, which happens all the time. I wish I could say that I did something exciting this weekend that took the place of my computer time, but I really didn't. All I did this weekend was go out to dinner with a friend on Friday, and drive aimlessly around the city on Saturday. Sunday, I got called in to work because our phone system wasn't working and missed the beginning of the Falcons debacle against the Giants, but other than that, I just chilled and watched movies all weekend. Nothing exciting at all. Please forgive this rather pedestrian post, but I have nothing to talk about. Judging from my reading this morning, I ain't the only one. Seems only a few people have updated. Perhaps, I'll get out of this blog funk that seems to be going around the blogosphere tomorrow. Y'all have a good Tuesday and if anybody has any topics for me to write about, please feel free to share. I'm just not feeling very inspired right now.

It was written...

14 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

the apocalypse is upon us!

for real though...i've been having the same problem, but i'm thankful for it, cuz it's forcing me to seek internal inspiration. i was looking for things to happen for me to write about, which is hell for a writer cuz sometimes ain't shit going on. i'm finding plenty of stuff now that i've got myself to look to.

anyway, hope you snap out of it soon. shit, i think it's good you're not all on the 'net. too much life out there.

Tue Oct 17, 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger 1InTheSame said...

I feel you bruh...my blogging days are numbered.

Tue Oct 17, 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I hear you. It's hard to always be inspired.

Tue Oct 17, 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

ummm.. how 'bout you finish the blog real world ;-)

Tue Oct 17, 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

I can totally relate to the "unannounced blog hiatus" and I agree with Nikki.. it's good that you aren't on the computer all like that.

We all need a break at some point.

Tue Oct 17, 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

So what movies did you watch?

Tue Oct 17, 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

Everyone does it T...even me. shit you dont have anything to write about, you dont have anything to write about.

Nikki has called me out on stalling on my "truth" so I'm going to do that tonight at work and I'm writing yet another epic...LOL

yeah...what movies did u watch?

Tue Oct 17, 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Most of the stuff I am blogging is boring right now. I am definitely in a funk so I feel ya.

Tue Oct 17, 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Well- T-cass hit me up!
I'll be in Atlanta tomorrow (Wed-Fri)
Sangindiva at yahoo dot com - I want to
meet up!

Tue Oct 17, 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

...driving in downtown Atlanta?
Did you get lost? heeheehee

Hi Rashan!

Tue Oct 17, 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Elle Jefe said...

I have had that bug lately, I am trying to get back in my groove. Hopefully you get out of your slump...

Tue Oct 17, 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

your lack of inspiration is not to be apologized for--i think the "funk" you're in right now is a direct correlation of something else. it's hard trying to write without the writings of your muse to inspire you...;-)

Tue Oct 17, 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ Nikki - its been slowly coming, If it weren't for that Truth or Dare thing, this would have happened a couple of weeks ago.

@ 1 in the same - I aint quitting, I'm just taking a step back

@ Miz JJ- It truly is.. but I'll get over it.

@ TTD - c'mere, let me tell you a secret.. I suck at finishing stories.

@ Isis - break is over, I think

@ Sandybaby - Man, I went old school and watch some VHS tapes I have in a box. Primal Fear, Nixon, Tales from the Hood, Assassins, The Professional..

@ Tenacious - you supposed to be my partner in crime, you post, I post. that's how it works

@ Rob Mack - LOL @ it was not written. You know this lyric? " The only time I get writer's block/is when my money's on lock"

@ 1969 - I'm sorry, I havent even been reading everybody like I used to. I need to shake this off


@ sangin - I'm emailing you right now

@ Blah - I did NOT get lost, thank you very much. I drove aimlessly so there was no destination, therefore no way to get lost. LMAO

@ Trizzy - do you really want every word of this blog to be about you? I can tell them about... or about... or even... LOL

@ The L - I'm back, I got an idea a few minutes ago

@ Fallen - I see what you are saying, but my muse is still with me, I talk to her all the time...
@

Wed Oct 18, 03:27:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

It'll come back, T. True talent may go dormant from time to time, but it doesn't disappear.

Cheers,
SRae

Thu Oct 19, 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home