Thursday, September 28, 2006

Let's Talk About Blogging!

I stole this one from someone's site that none of you read, so I won't bother linking it. I just wanted to post something, and I thought this was pretty interesting. Feel free to take it if you like. This means you, Tenacious. LOL

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog? Not intentionally, but sometimes I go right after work still in my tie and catch the "oooh, he has a job look" But I don't do it for bloggers

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? This is 100% me. I think everybody knows how I feel about fake pictures by now. LOL

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you? I welcome all feedback. Unless its a dude trying to get up with me. That hasn't happened yet.

4. Do you lie in your blog? Not anymore. I used to embellish some stories, but it was always based on a true story. Or if you include lying by ommission, I guess I do. I don't tell you all everything.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog? You guys tell me? I think I'm pretty straight forward most of the time.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop? Nah, I hate when I read those. I love the attention too much to quit.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping? No, just blog therapy. I put my lifetime in between the papers lines. That's my therapy.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones? I never got any mean ones yet. I don't post fake nice ones. That reeks a little of desperation to me.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? I'm more of a visual person, so if anyone wants to post some naked pictures of themselves on their blog, maybe I'll "rub one out"

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less? Both, some would like me more, but some would like me less because I have a knack for pissing people off with my sarcastic comments.

11. Do you have a job? I sure do. Can't pay the bills by blogging.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? Hell Yeah!!! I got a million crazy ideas floating up in my brain that I could blog about.

13. Which bloggers have you met in real life? Sorry, no linking b/c I'm at work right now. Trizzy, Nikki, Mocha, Miz JJ, Unsaid (knew her before the blog), Sistagirl (knew her before the blog), Royce's Daughter, Blah, Blah, Blah.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with? yeah, uh.. no comment. LOL

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have? I don't really talk about money on my blog. I am totally non materialistic.

16. Does your family read your blog? I sent my sister the link about a month ago, but we havent talked about it, so I don't know if she has read it or not.

17. How old is your blog? Been blogging since December of 2005. Got two more months to make it to 200 posts. That's my goal.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care? Not even close. According to my site meter, I average 149 in the last week. I don't want that many page views. That's too much pressure.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar? If I told you, it wouldnt be a secret. But no, I don't. It's hard enough keeping up with 1 and a half.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing? Ain't this supposed to be free?

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes? You can get paid for blogging? Sign me up, expeditiously!

22. Is blogging narcissistic? For most people, including me, it is.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time? Yeah, I do. But I try not to go too long, even if it means I have to do some BS Meme like today.

24. Do you like John Mayer? Not sure what this has to do with blogging, but yeah, i like his music.

25. Do you have blog enemies? Once again, I'll need for you to answer this one for me. I don't think so, but I probably done pissed one or two people off. But not enemies.

26. Are you lonely? I don't get lonely. I love being by myself. On the contrary, I can't find enough time in the day to keep up with everybody that wants to keep up with me.

27. Why bother? I just like to write, and I like the attention, and I like the funny, insightful and downright stupid comments that people leave.

28. If they were to make a movie of your life, who would play the mailman? Huh? Forrest Whitaker, for absolutely no reason at all. I don't really understand the question. LOL

It was written...

14 Comments:

Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

lol "rubbed one out"

Thu Sep 28, 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

This is a little different.
#12 Craigslist has want ads for bloggers in the editor/writer section all the time.

#21 I believe that you receive money from the business websites that you can link to your blog.

Thu Sep 28, 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bored so I'm stealing this.

Thu Sep 28, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

lmao@rubbing one out. now why did i think that meant murder (although to be fair, it is spermacide...)

this is a great meme. i'll steal it and do it on one of those days when i feel guilty for not having posted in a while (cuz you know we're ALL in that boat).

Thu Sep 28, 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

i dont understand the last question either... i like blogging for the attention & comments too.. and also meeting new people :-)

Thu Sep 28, 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger Single Ma said...

Yes, you can make money blogging!! Advertisers will pay for exposure.

Blogging about money doesn't make you materialistic. I think it's a healthy way to get your financial ish in order. It's such a taboo subject but it's the one area most people struggle with. Go figure! We should talk/blog about it more often.

Thu Sep 28, 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

LOL...yeah I guess I'll be doing this one...eh I'll do it in the morning I'm tired as hell....

Fri Sep 29, 01:39:00 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Good stuff. I like this one.

Fri Sep 29, 07:06:00 AM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

I don't really understand #28 either but Forrest Whitaker??? Interesting....

Fri Sep 29, 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I've never thought of bloggers as narcissistic. NEEDY maybe but not narcissistic. That's why I come by everyday, cause y'all NEED me! LMAO!!!!!!!!
*just kidding, y'all aren't needy just impecunious* lol lol lol

Fri Sep 29, 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#28 Forrest Whitaker...when I think of what you would be like in person, he always comes to mind. I think he's so sexy...

Fri Sep 29, 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ liquor and tv - I don't know where they come up with these questions

@ nexgrl - I'm gonna have to check that out

@ chele - steal on

@ nikki - I'm with you on that. We are all in that boat.

@ Rob Mack - I wasn't talking about her, but lets keep up the pressure and see if we can make her keep blogging.

@ TTD - I am a self proclaimed attention whore

@ Trizzy - I actually just go into blog search and search for memes

@ single ma- what i meant is that some people be bragging about what they got and dont do it in a realistic manner. Thats not me.

@ Tenacious - I know you will do it, you my meme partner

@ noise - I heard you were king of the meme. I might come steal some of yours

@ KZ - I know I'm narcissitic with mine, but I'm okay with that

@ SandyBaby - I just chose someone out the blue. I dont know why

@ birmingham bombshell - are you calling me sexy. LOL Its funny they used to tell me I resembled him and I hated it back in the day.

Fri Sep 29, 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

forest whittaker???? hmmm....aint he "death" in the new t.i. video???

Fri Sep 29, 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Stay tuned for this meme to appear on my blog cause I'm forecasting another lazy ass blogging week!

Thanks for the inspiration T!

Sun Oct 01, 03:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home