Wednesday, November 08, 2006

200 Posts-200 Things About Me pt 1

This is post # 199. I'm gonna split this list up b/c I know nobody can sit there and read 200 things about me in one sitting. I hope I don't repeat any of the ones I put on my first list all those months ago. Some of these you may already know if you have been reading, some may surprise you. Without further adieu, here we go...

1. I was born in Atlanta, moved to DC when I was still a baby, then moved to New York when I was 2 or 3.
2. I moved to the South on February 1st 1986
3. It was snowing in NY when I left and 85 degrees when I landed in Savannah.
4. I hated Savannah for the first 6 years I lived there.
5. I liked Savannah when I was in college and a couple of years later, now I hate it again.
6. Because I hated Savannah, I concocted vivid fantasies about living other places in my head.
7. I remember some of the most obscure stuff.
8. For instance I remember that when I saw Robo Cop in 1987, I was wearing my Tony Dorsett Jersey and some Wrangler jeans. I also remember that I was freaked out by a scene in the movie when some guy fell in a vat of acid and started melting.
9. I used to get horrible migraine headaches as a preteen/teenager. I couldn't stand any light, so I would bury my head under a pillow.
10. I still sometimes sleep like that, headache or not.
11. When we moved to Savannah, I didn't have my own room, or any room to be exact.
12. I slept on a cot, a sofa bed, the sofa or the floor in the living room or dining room over the course of my years there.
13. We lived in a house with my grandmother and great grandmother. Add in my mom and my sister and that's 4 generations of women.
14. That taught me to leave the toilet seat down among other things
15. I still instinctively leave the toilet seat down even though I live by myself.
16. I have an older sister and a younger brother. I also have 3 step sisters that I don't ever see.
17. That's mostly my fault because I avoid them.
18. My siblings and I all have that same strange sense of humor sometimes.
19. A few years ago we had a contest to see who was the most anti social.
20. We all think we won.
21. I have 2 nephews and a niece that I don't see nearly enough, but love to death.
22. I have never been engaged, and I don't think I will ever get married.
23. It's not a conscious choice, I just don't think its in the cards for me.
24. I am a big NERD
25. I do some stupid stuff for someone who is so smart.
26. I used to not put enough effort into relationships, now I put too much effort into them.
27. I'm trying to find a happy medium.
28. Nobody believes me, but I really don't have a favorite color.
29. When pressed I always say blue, for no particular reason. I guess everyone likes blue.
30. I never used to be able to stay in between the lines when I colored.
31. I'm a natural lefty. I do everything except write with my left hand.
32 One of my teachers made me start writing with my right hand and it stuck.
33. I have terrible penmanship though. If I write something down, chances are I won't be able to read it.
34. Good thing I have a good memory. Some stuff just sticks in my brain. If I hear it, I'm likely to remember it.
35. That's how I was in school. I never studied or took notes. If I did happen to take notes, I wouldn't be able to read them anyway.
36. I failed 2 classes in high school: 9th grade geometry and 10th grade Advanced English. Both times it was because I didn't do any homework or study.
37. I had to walk home from Summer School after 9th grade in the 100 degree weather.
38. I used to be drenched with sweat by the time I got home.
39. I started listening to gangsta rap during those long walks home on my walkman. Too Short and NWA were my favorites.
40. I didn't tell anybody that I was listening to them though, cuz it went against my positive Black man vibe I had going for me.
41. I wrote my first rap as a dare in the 9th grade, cuz someone said I couldn't do it.
42. I still remember the first part of the rhyme, but it sounds mad dated. I stole my style from Big Daddy Kane. (It was '88)
43. I never ate lunch in high school. I used to hang out in the library or the chorus room.
44. That's where I developed my bad habit of only eating once a day.
45. As a freshman, I dressed in all black and never smiled so the upperclassmen would leave me alone.
46. In retrospect, I probably just looked like I had emotional problems. LOL
47. The used to call me Al B. in high school. I'm not Sure why?
48. I make corny jokes from time to time...See # 47.
49. I don't like to be touched. Sometimes I have an involuntary pull away thing that makes people mad at me.
50. I am not good at starting conversations with strangers, but once I know you, good luck trying to get me to shut up. (Ask Royce's Daughter and Blah Blah Blah about our meeting)
51. I'm very observant of what is going on around me. I often will just stop talking and watch people. (Ask Mocha and Miz JJ about our meeting)
52. I am very forgiving, but I also hold grudges. A contradiction, I know.
53. When I cut people out of my life, they don't always know it right away. I suck at straight up telling people to leave me alone.
54. If you are reading this, and think I might have cut you off, but aren't sure, chances are you have been cut off for awhile. LOL
55. I can't watch America's Funniest Videos or Jackass or any of those shows where people fall, because I feel their pain when it happens. For instance if someone falls off a skateboard, I get chill down my spine watching it. It's strange to me.
56. I cannot stand reality TV, mostly because what is portrayed as reality is not. I also don't like shows where people get voted off. Sorry, Miss Ahmad.
57. I can suspend certain parts of reality when watching tv shows or movies, but some stuff makes me say huh?
58. For example, I can watch a show about vampires or ghosts or something that I know isn't real, but if the character behaves in way that is inconsistent with how I think they would act, I'll question it.
59. I don't like most of the so called "Black" shows on TV.
60. This doesn't include The Wire, which is one of my favorite shows.
61. I have a real problem with Def Comedy Jam and Comic View. They tell the same jokes over and over. I get it...Black people and White people are different, men and women are different.
62. I used to have a problem with the word "nigga", now I say it all the time.
63. I still have a problem with people saying it around other races.
64. I don't like when I go out with people and they act like they have no hometraining.
65. I can't stand when I go out with people and they are too cheap to leave a good tip. I understand if the service was bad, but come on.. you can tip more than 10%.
66. And don't be tryna regulate my tip either. If I give a good tip, that's none of your business. Don't be subtracting from yours cuz I gave something extra.
67. I like to stay at home by myself to avoid all that drama.
68. When I do go out, I like to try new things, but I can never think of new things to do.
69. I think I'm starting to be too honest. Some stuff I should keep to myself for awhile.
70. It's very freeing, but also makes me too vulnerable.
71. I used to want to make up a rumor and see how much it changes by the time it gets back to me. I think they made a movie about that.
72. I'm not a pyromaniac... but I think it would be cool to set something on fire with a Zippo like they do in movies.
73. People tell me things I don't want to know all the time. I hear this at least once a week "I don't know why I am telling you this, but..."
74. I think and I have been told that I have a very expressive face. I don't understand why people don't realize from my look, that I don't care about what they are saying.
75. I have an oral fixation. I always have to have something in my mouth. If I'm not chewing gum or ice, I'm chewing on my pen cap or my t-shirt.
76. I have never had chitlins, pig feet, pig knuckles or any of those gross parts of the pig.
77. I can't stand cantaloupe. The smell of it makes me ill.
78. I've drank water only for the last few weeks. No soda, no kool aid, not even orange juice. Not sure why.
79. When I'm in a bad mood, it usually doesn't last for more than 24 hours. I adapt to things quickly.
80. I have trouble believing that bad things happening to good people is part of God's will.
81. When things go wrong, I tend to automatically blame myself before blaming others. Like what could I have done differently.
82. I hate the excuse/reason of bad timing. That shit always seems to happen to me.
83. It's gonna be awhile before I put my all into a(nother) relationship. I can't deal with no more heartbreak for a minute
84. But after 2 or 3 rebound girls, the next one is going to benefit from the lessons I have learned over the last year.
85. I hate losing. Competition drives me in all aspects of my life.
86. I used to compete with the other male bloggers to see how many women commented on my site. Only they didn't know they were competing. LOL
87. I used to think I was stubborn, but the last year has shown me that I am not as stubborn as I thought I was.
88. I think I do a good job of adapting to any situation.
89. I haven't paid for a CD all year.
90. I haven't gone to a club, strip or otherwise, all year.
91. I haven't had a real girlfriend all year.
92. I haven't done shit all year.
93 I haven't liked my job all year.
94. I haven't been home to Savannah all year.
95. I still haven't finished my novel or my screenplay
96. I'm starting to realize that I am not leading a real fulfilling life this year.
97. My major accomplishment for this year: falling in love and knowing that I am capable of love. That is fulfilling.
98. I think I need to leave Atlanta and get a fresh start somewhere else.
99. I write too much on my blog.
100. I'm gonna go to sleep now and think of 100 more things about me later.

It was written...

17 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

after reading your blog for so long, i was sure i wouldn't learn anything new about you. boy was i wrong. that tip one is a big pet peeve of mine too. i'll wait until everybody else has laid down their tips, then i'll put down mine, cuz i know i'm gonna give more than 15%...probably closer to 20%.

i don't think i knew you had step-siblings.

maybe it's not you being too honest. maybe it's the timing of the expression and the possible lack of thought into the ramifications of what's said, you know? like for instance, i'm pretty honest, but sometimes the situation calls for tact, so unless i'm asked straight up, i'm not gonna divulge the truth. more times than not i'll wait until i've thought it through and the time is right. being impulsively honest is what gets folk in trouble i think.

Wed Nov 08, 08:40:00 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I broke up with my first "real" girlfriend at the movies watching RoboCop. True story.

Fuck marriage. It's overrated.

I write too much on my blog too. Both quantity and content-wise.

KZ

Wed Nov 08, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

#30-You probably can draw a straight line though...I almost failed Art in high school...ART?! I couldn't draw to save my life

#49-I Hate touches by strangers. If I don't know you, why are you touching me again?

#64-66---We're the same way. I HATE when people look for petty excuses to not leave a tip and then look at you like you're crazy for leaving a decent sized tip. Cheapsakes

#80-82--Right there with ya bro...

Wed Nov 08, 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Very interesting T.Cas

Wed Nov 08, 11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot of people that live in GA talk about moving out of state and starting over. That sucks since I just got here. You all OBVIOIUSLY know something I DON'T.

Wed Nov 08, 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

OKay im gonna print this and read it during class........

Good luck on your interviews

Wed Nov 08, 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

thank you for breaking the post in 2.. lol.. honestly.. i dont have the patience to read all of one of these... i usually just skim through them & learn a few interesting facts about the person...

and yes! everyone does love blue! it's such a beautiful & calming color...

Wed Nov 08, 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

hmmmmm...very introspective considering you're supposedly the "introverted" type. we have more than a few things in common sir. no wonder i keep coming back to your damn blog! :-)

Wed Nov 08, 02:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Interesting..I love the wire!!!! Love is a wonderful thing

Wed Nov 08, 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I feel you on #93, #94 & #96. I am beginning to think that is just the way life is. Then I get depressed and think I am just in am mini rut.

Wed Nov 08, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Oh my gawd, this was long as hell.

You are a talker. YOU are touchy-feely person...so not sure about you and that whole pulling away comment.

What would be fulfilling to you?

Wed Nov 08, 03:50:00 PM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Dizzam!!!!! 200 posts!!! Anti-social contest.....that is strange.

Wed Nov 08, 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Now I love a good post that let me get all up in your biz, but I can't help but wonder how long did it take for you to come up with all of that? Wow!

Wed Nov 08, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Love the post..200, huh? And I read every single archive...LOL..yea, got a lot of time at work!


#52 - That's me. I do it all the time...especially with this one person..long story. Crazy, but I feel you.

#74 - Me all the way...sometimes people shut up, sometimes they ignore my expressions. So I walk away or tune them out.

#80 - I feel ya, but I'm learning on this one, I'm learning.

Wed Nov 08, 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ T

LOL..oh so I'm ghetto now?! Don't make me take my door knockers off and get the Vaseline *lol*

Thu Nov 09, 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

LOL. I love #74!!

Thu Nov 09, 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually had pigs feet and chitterlings (chit'lins) . . . you aren't missing anything.

Fri Nov 10, 07:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home