Thursday, March 30, 2006

Aries Pt 1.

Positive characteristics: Courageous, Dynamic, Pioneering, Adventurous, Independent, Quick, Assertive, Competitive, Determined, Forceful, Leaders, Creative

Negative characteristics: Domineering, Selfish, Intolerant, Impulsive, Impatient, Arrogant, Quick-tempered, Violent

Can you guess what Zodiac sign this is? I'll give you a hint. The real life T. always seems to get hooked up with them. Give up? I'm talking about Aries: March 21 - April 21. There was a time that all the women I dated were Aries. It wasn’t intentional it just seemed to happened. Now, I’ve done the research and realized that Aries and Sagittarius are compatible signs, but it just got to the point where it was ridiculous. Let me tell you about it.

My first Aries was Lisa. I met her at the end of my sophomore year at Savannah State. You remember those days after finals when there is nothing to do? All the out of town kids were packing up to go home, so a group of the local kids were hanging out in the student center, watching Tempest Bledsoe’s talk show ( remember that shit) and playing spades. Now, at my school, that was a daily operation. You either played cards, shot pool or played ping pong. It was the hangout spot where you could meet girls and vibe with people from all over the country. I was chilling with this cat I went to high school with. Tom was a lanky 6’8” cat that I knew back in the day, but never really hung with. But on this day, a brother didn’t have many options. We formed a team and proceeded to wreck shop on the spades table. (Do y’all play Joker, Joker, Deuce, Deuce?) After dismissing all comers with a quickness, we were about to head out. That’s when Lisa walked in. I was intrigued by not only her looks, but the confidence that she displayed in boldly stepping up to our table and challenging us to a game. We played 3 games, (her and her girl beat us 2-1, damn reneging) and then we stood outside the student center and talked for awhile. I got Lisa’s number and planned on calling her over the summer, but as fate would have it, I accidentally spent the dollar she wrote her information on.

Fast forward to the beginning of the fall semester. I was fresh to death in my Karl Kani shirt and Girbauds on the first day of classes. You know, gotta make a good first impression at a HBCU. The girls were looking hot and I was on the prowl trying to catch a lonely impressionable freshman. I mean what girl living in the dorms wouldn’t want to hang out with T.? I had a 87 VW Fox and could take them to Burger King or to Wal-Mart. LOL. I made my way to King Frazier student center with my homeboy Tori. We were chilling on the steps just shooting the breeze and watching the girls rocking the tennis skirts. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up and there was Lisa, giving me a look that was part “glad to see you”, and part “why didn’t your punk ass call me?” I explained what happened and although I could tell she didn’t really believe me, she gave me her number again. This time I was smart, I wrote it down in my $90 calculus text book. Ain’t no way I was going to lose that. I called her almost as soon as I got home from my part time job that night. Several phone convos led to face to face convos in the biology lab (she was pre –med.) Face to face convos led to us going out. Going out led to us becoming a couple, a couple that was together for 3 years. Lisa had most of the positive Aries qualities: she was courageous, dynamic, independent, creative, and assertive. Not to mention competitive. We had some of the fiercest Scrabble games known to man. I had never been with someone as competitive as I am. From that first day at the spades table I knew Lisa would be a challenge, one that I was more than willing to take.

For all her positive traits, Lisa also displayed some of the typical Aries negative characteristics. Well, I don’t wanna call them negative because these are the things that make a person complete. Lisa had her selfish moments, and she wasn’t very patient. The thing that irked me the most though was her intolerance. Did I forget to mention that Lisa was a church girl? When I first met her, she went to church every Wednesday and Sunday. We didn’t even have sex for the first year of our relationship (Is that TMI?) Religion is cool with me, but Lisa had a way of thinking that didn’t allow for different points of view. It was all about her church’s doctrine. We would often end up in heated discussions if I disagreed with something that went on in her church. Anybody that knows me knows that I don’t back down either, so that was a cause of stress in our relationship. Lisa was also quick tempered. Not so much with me, but with her older sister who she viewed as a disappointment. I remember one time, we were at her sister’s house and they were arguing (as usual.) Lisa went into the kitchen and got a knife. I swear to G.O.D. if I wasn’t there to stop her, I think Lisa would have sliced her sister’s jugular. I guess that falls under the violent characteristic on the list.

Lisa was my first Aries woman. She exhibited many of the Aries characteristics listed above. I think I was most attracted to her determination. She was the most focused woman I knew at that time. I didn’t know that I would have 2 more Aries in a row. This post is getting too long so I’m gonna stop here and post the rest later this week.

It was written…

9 Comments:

Blogger unsaid said...

I am an Aries woman! Well I'm on the Pisces-Aries cusp but whatever.... i don't know how much I buy astrology because all the signs have their pros and cons and anyone could fit themselves into them. i have the quick temper, impulsiveness, and impatience on the aries cons list though along with (of course) all of those positives too LOL

I have negative experiences with Scorpios. I usually don't get a long with someone and then come to find out...they are a Scorpio! It's weird.

Thu Mar 30, 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

i don't know about aries women, but aries men are DA BOMB. every aries guy i've dated muy magnifique. LOL

and i thought you knew leo women are the best around. we're just like aries women, only BETTER. lol

Thu Mar 30, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

iM AN TAURUS BUT AN THE CUSP OF ARIES...ARPIL 22ND.........TAURUS WOMEN ARE HOT......BUT U HAVENT HAD ONE YET

Thu Mar 30, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

My sister is an Aries.

And she gets on my Emma-Effa nerves.

But hey, that may be in part because I personally think she's nuts.

Thu Mar 30, 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

If you had just dated a Capricorn, you'd never have any problem. Then again, we get bored easily...LOL

Scarlett

Thu Mar 30, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Never dated an Aries man before. I usually end up with the Leos. I feel you on the religion thing though. That was an issue with a guy I dated too. His view, his church and his beliefs were the only ones that he would even discuss. It can certainly put distance between you and your partner. Interested to hear about the other two.....

Thu Mar 30, 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ unsaid - I forgot to mention that I never put too much credence in zodiacs either, but with all the aries popping up, I started to look into the possibility

@ nikki - the stalker is a leo too, so I wouldn't be too proud of that. LOL

@ ms. new booty - Taurus women ARE hot. I was with one for awhile.

@ kween of clubs - aries are arrogant, check part 2 tomorrow.

@ Scarlett - one of my best female friends is Capricorn. I would go crazy if I had to date somebody like that. Just not compatible at all.

@ mocha - I'll post the other 2 tomorrow. and yeah, that religion thing can strain a relationship.

@ sista girl - you may remember Lisa as "that bitch that used to call your house." LOL

Fri Mar 31, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0605


michael kors outlet online
air jordan 4
fossil watches
diesel jeans
lebron james shoes
air more uptempo
warriors jerseys
jordan shoes
fred perry polo shirts
dansko shoes

Tue Jun 05, 04:05:00 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike epic react
michael kors outlet
air max 2019
kobe byrant shoes
golden gooses
adidas stan smith shoes
kyrie 5 shoes
yeezy boost
off white shoes
valentino

Fri Jul 19, 07:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home