Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Open Letter part 3

Sup' son? You feel better now? Do you think that was the right way to handle it? I'm sure you are sitting down right now feeling satisfied with yourself, but answer a question: Is that how you do things? Don't lie to me, man. You know damn well that ain't you. You are the cat that lets shit ride. The one that doesn't like confrontation. The one that will just not answer emails or phone calls. So why was today different?

Yeah, you can make the excuse that you didn't get no sleep. I know you were up til like 6 and had to get up at 8:30 for your interview. By the way, congrats on getting that gig today. But don't slack yet, cuz you still have that other interview on Thursday. Back to what I was saying, lack of sleep is not an excuse. You never sleep, but you haven't called folks out like that before. So, umm.. try again.

So you were frustrated? Yeah, I get that. People been telling you for months that you need to let it out. Stop being so passive, so I can appreciate where you are coming from. There's only so much you can take before you reach your boiling point. You aren't as stoic as you would like to believe. Shit, you are human too and you have your faults, but don't forget your true nature.

For real, for real? Don't do that no more. You know you don't like that mess. You define your own happiness. Other people can't do that for you. Snap out of whatever you are going through and learn acceptance. Say it with me:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

You got all that out of your system, now it's time to move on. Live your life, Rashan.

It was written...

16 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

letter to yourself? nice.

Wed Nov 15, 02:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel as if I may need to write some open letters. Sometimes we need to write those letters. They kind of help us release. I may borrow this idea if you do not mind.

Wed Nov 15, 03:02:00 AM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Congrats on all the interviews/ job offer(s)!

Wed Nov 15, 08:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- congratulations on the career status. Sounds like things are looking up.

We all go through this stuff and I hope you are not beating yourself up for the explosions over the last few days. Take your own advice and live your life.

Wed Nov 15, 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I'm glad your done...shit...I thought I was going to be the next open letter...LOL

In the bigger picture...was it really a loss? I'd say not...but only you know for sure.

Umm, I know you just got hired and all...but can you hook a sista up with a job?

Wed Nov 15, 09:26:00 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

AMEN!

Life your life man-it's yours!

Wed Nov 15, 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Excuse me- I meant live your LIFE!

Wed Nov 15, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

I need to start leaving open letters on the chairs of the people at my job.

Congrats on the job.. but then again I knew you would be alright.

Wed Nov 15, 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

i like the open letters...

it's not good to keep things bottled up...

Wed Nov 15, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I see keeping my finger crossed does work! Congrats on the job...

Wed Nov 15, 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

See this is what I'm talking about. Ain't progression good? Congrats on the job, congrats on acknowledging that you only human, congrats for just recognizing period...

Holla

Wed Nov 15, 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

OK, THIS IS MUCH BETTER.. Y'all had me worried yesterday.
Anyway CONGRATS on the new gig!

Wed Nov 15, 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

WOOOHOOOO party this weekend?! LOL

Wed Nov 15, 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

And all God's people said...AMEN!!!

Congrats on the new job...live your life Baby...you only get one shot at it so don't spend your time wasting precious moments on things that don't elevate you as a person. Live with Peace in your heart and your life will be full of Peace!!!

Much Love...

RD

P.S. Congrats on the new gig man...lemme borrow $5 right quick...*scratching my head*

Wed Nov 15, 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Congrats sweetie!!!

Do you and let everything else fall in place.

Wed Nov 15, 05:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear things are moving forward. Congratulations on the new job. Peace and Blessings to you!

Wed Nov 15, 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home