Thursday, June 15, 2006

Food Tag Or MeMe Or Whatever You Wanna Call It

Mocha tagged me like I asked. I knew I could count on her. Here are the rules:

1. Pick your top ten favorite foods
2. Give your rationale (and photos would be nice but are optional).
3. Choose 3 -5 of your favorite food bloggers to invite.

This one is gonna be hard, since I only eat one time a day and don't really cook.

10 Grilled Cheese - I love cheese. I will eat grilled cheese sandwich morning, noon, or night. It's easy, and and tasty. Oh yeah, it gotta be Ve.lve.eta.

9 Pizza - I like the normal pizzas (pepperoni, sausage, cheese) but I really like the different styles. Around my way, I used to get a Philly Cheese Steak pizza. The best pizza I ever had was the stuffed pizza from Gior.da.no's in Chicago.

8 Cajun food - There's something about the spices in Cajun cooking. I bought some Creole seasoning and I put it on whatever I'm cooking.

7 Tuna sub from Su.bway - Two footlongs for $8.99 after 4 pm. I get it on Italian Herbs bread with pickles, lettuce, tomato and salt and pepper. They taste even better the next day.

6 Breakfast foods - I love pancakes, eggs, bacon and especially grits. Gotta have the grits with cheese, not sugar. When I make them, I put a little milk in to make the grits extra creamy. I used to hit up IH.OP at least once a week, mostly after the club let out. Me and my homies pulled the dine and dash at the IH.OP so many times, that I couldn't believe they still served us.

5 Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese - Here's a typical conversation between my grandmother and me. Her - When you coming to visit? Me - I don't know, I got a lot of work to do. Her - I'm making some macaroni. Me - I'll be there in 4 hours. It's that good. She gave me her recipe, but I can't make it like her.

4 Steak - I love steak. I don't eat it often because to me, its like a treat. It's not an everyday meal. My favorites are the rib eye and the New York strip. Looking forward to going to Ru.th Ch.ris steakhouse soon.

3 Mexican Food - Ta.co Be.ll is my new favorite fast food. I usually either get chalupas or the soft taco. I love nachos too. Every time I go to Appl.ebees or Frid.ays, I order them. I also make my own with ground turkey.

2 Pasta - F*ck Atkins. I will tear up some pasta. My favorite is fettucine alfredo. You can put whatever you want in it: chicken, salmon, shrimp etc. I make a chicken and broccoli alfredo dish that is out of this world. It looks like crap, but it tastes like heaven. I still need to work on the presentation, but its damn good if I say so myself.

1 Chicken Breasts - The only time I actually prefer white meat, if you catch my drift. You know brothers got a strong relationship with chicken, right? But I only eat chicken breasts (well wings too, but mostly breasts) This is my favorite dish to cook, because its easy. I'll throw it on the Foreman grill, or saute it in olive oil. Hook it up with bread crumbs or Parmesan cheese; I even bake it with lemons. Chicken breasts are my number one favorite food.


Who's getting tagged? Let's see, I don't follow rules very well, so I'm not gonna tag anyone. But if you do it, be sure to let me know so I can check out your delicacies.

It was written...

15 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jun 16, 02:14:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

you got some good food on this list boo! and i'm really feeling the ground turkey nachos (i don't eat pork). what's the chance of an oklahoma girl (by way of kansas and by way of texas) getting some breakfast food when she finally comes to visit the A? ;)

oh, but hell no for the grits with cheese. i take mine with sugar and butter baby, just like my rice!

Fri Jun 16, 02:15:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

I love cheese on grits (or cream of wheat) too. Oh no@sugar on rice and grits...lol

Hmmm, does your grandma put sour cream in her macaroni? Sour Cream is the secret ingredient in a bunch of dishes...dressing, macaroni. I just gives it this creamy *zing*.

Fri Jun 16, 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger 4EverJennayNay said...

If my grits don't have cheese in them, they are not my grits.

Grilled cheese is great any time.

Mexican and Assian foods are my faves.

I could absolutely positively eat chicken breast everday for a month and not tire of it. I may skip a day and not have any, but I don't like the texture of red meat... that does not include the other white meat!

Fri Jun 16, 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I haven't done this probably cause I have lots of favorites but I can agree on numbers 1 and 2 a sister will go to town in the kitchen with some chicken breast and pasta...I cook my chicken, shrimp and broccoli alfredo with chicken tenderloins though they tend to be a lil bit softer...dang I'm hungry LOL

Fri Jun 16, 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

OH yeah I love the TUNA special from SUbway...its today matter of fact for $2.61......got it last week....i crave for TUNA and certain ppl can make it the best.....I like everybody choices......

Fri Jun 16, 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Grilled Cheese - I make the best grilled cheese, for my son, the key is to butter and toast both sides of the bread...yummy...

Pizza - Why does everyone not from Chicago love Giordano's? Its not that great. HOME RUN INN is the best, buttery crust pizza on earth!

Tuna sub from Su.bway - Ewww, I disagree that they are better the next day, cause its all soggy and shit. I never get tuna from Subway, you can't eat everybody tuna...*lol* in more ways than one..*lol* My favorite is roast beef, toasted bread, jalepeno and american cheese, ranch dressing, olives, lettuce,pickles, tomatoes, mayo, extra oil, a lil vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano

Breakfast foods -I love breakfast too, especially grits with cheese, garlic powder, and paprika...I can't eat grits without cheese... and pepper..
Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese - Lemme get that recipe...

Mexican Food - I think I am mexican cause I love that shit. Horchata(rice water), guacomole...shit everything, TacoBell and Pepe's are my favorite fast food joint, I like the chalupa too...

Fri Jun 16, 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

@liquor...cheese on CREAM OF WHEAT??? *shudders*

the mac and cheese is everybody's favorite. mocha tagged me too. i think i'm gonna devote next week to tags.

Fri Jun 16, 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

This is a great post! We have quite a few favorite foods in common. I could for anything that you have on your list ;-) I love cheese grits to! Here we eat them a lot with seafood, especially fried fish. I’m not sure that its as common in other places, especially up north.

The only thing on your list that I’m not crazy about is the tuna sub. I prefer the turkey breast and ham or the angus steak sub. Yummy!

Fri Jun 16, 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger unsaid said...

damn...are we the same person!!! I love grill cheese sandwiches...they are great "when you're broke" food too. Most of the foods that I love, I love because they include cheese (i.e. pizza, macaroni and cheese).

Good list, makes me hungry...

Sun Jun 18, 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

@Fallen-Grits with sugar and butter?!?! Cream of Wheat, Farina, Maypo, okay. But Grits?!!? Well to each his own. I saw a classmate put jelly on his grits once and I almost earled but that's how he liked them.

@Casanova-I like this list! Being from the Bronx I have to add the Puerto Rican food:
-Tostones (fried green plantains with chopped garlic),
-Habichuelas Coloradas
(kidney beans with spices and sauce) with yellow rice,
-Black beans(with chopped garlic, peppers and onions, vinegar and spices) with white rice, and
-Flan (custard with caramel topping)
I may have to do this MEME.

SideBar: I make my mac and cheese with cheddar, muenster, diced celery and tri-color pasta. Looks good, tastes good. Yum Yum!

Sun Jun 18, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Sorry to double post but I just finished my food meme, so yall can come over and read it when you get a chance

Sun Jun 18, 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

oooh cheese..................aaaagh

Tue Jun 20, 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20151228
michaek kors outlet
soccer shoes
cheap uggs
vans shoes sale
p90x
hollister co
coach factory outlet online
the north face
ugg boots for women
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots clearance
cheap air max
beats by dre
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
pandora outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
ugg clearance
oakley sunglasses cheap
nike roshe run women
uggs on sale
ugg boots on sale
lebron shoes
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet stores
oakley sunglasses
celine handbags
ray ban sunglasses
abercrombie & fitch
cheap toms
gucci handbags
cheap jordans
mont blanc pens
coach outlet store online
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet
ugg sale
tod's shoes
ugg boots
as

Sun Dec 27, 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0605


ugg outlet
ugg boots
longchamp handbags
kate spade outlet
oakley sunglasses
hornets jerseys
ugg boots
air jordan 4
coach outlet online
yeezy boost

Tue Jun 05, 04:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home