Thursday, June 08, 2006

My First Stalker (Part 2)

Click Here for Part 1

After my birthday in November, things really started to pick up with the secret admirer. I received several more notes from “Angel.”, each one becoming more bold and hinting that she would soon reveal herself. My initial excitement gave way to a feeling of annoyance. This woman (at least I hoped it was a woman) was getting on my last nerve with her cryptic notes. I still had no idea who she was and I was almost to the point that I didn’t care. Around the 15th of December she left a letter that crossed the line.

I was heading home after a long day at work. It was winter break so I had picked up some extra hours. I walked to my car with a limp, the result of a 12 hour shift and a nasty spill on a wet floor. I’ll be the first to admit, I was not in a good mood. Under my windshield wiper was another note. It read, “I know you think you are happy with Lisa, but she can’t make you happy like I can. I will reveal myself to you by Christmas and we can live in euphoric bliss for the rest of our days” What the fuck?!?! Did she just mention my girl by name? I decided to take my frustrations out on my coworkers. I ran back to the dietary department, unfazed by the fatigue that a few moments prior had rendered me listless. Clutching the mysterious letter, I demanded that “Angel” show herself.

“Who is Angel? Who keeps leaving these notes?”

I made my rounds throughout the various cliques desperate for answers. I interrogated the crazy crew, the older ladies, the lifers and the college students. No one would budge. My frustration grew as I realized that I would not get answers.

“I know whoever wrote this letter better not ever mention my girls name again!!!”

Yosetta initially laughed then realized that I was not joking around. I had full intentions of tearing that building up in my search for Angel. But alas, I still came up empty handed.

I went home, took a shower and went to see Lisa. By the time I got there, she had already heard about my “breakdown” at work, courtesy of her aunt. I came clean with her and showed her the notes. I relayed the entire story to her and while she was disappointed that I didn’t tell her earlier, Lisa was sympathetic to my plight. She’s an Aries, so she was a little jealous, but she still understood. I actually dreaded going back to work the next day for fear that I would get another note. To top it off, I had committed myself to another 12 hour day. Contrary to what I feared, everything at work was cool. Nobody bothered me and right before I got off, I got a pleasant surprise. Lisa had taken the bus up to my job to see me. I know what her true intentions were, but I didn’t care. I was just happy to see her. I introduced her to all my coworkers, (except the hot nurses) and we chilled in the break room. Lisa was making her presence felt and marking her territory so to speak. Like I said, it was all good with me.

Now on the climax of my little story: A couple of days before Christmas, I was doing my usual duty of pushing the food carts upstairs. I corralled the carts into the elevator and pushed the button to take me to the 7th floor. Oblivious to my surroundings, and reciting a Nas lyric to myself, I was jarred back to consciousness by a voice that called out “Hold the elevator please.” I looked up and saw Rosilyn, a co worker of mine from the dietary department. At first I did n’t notice that she was not wearing the disgustingly puke green uniform that the ladies wore; she was wearing jeans and a sweater and holding a plastic bag from Sears. She spoke in a hushed tone that verged on mumbling.

“Hey, Terrance. I have something for you.”

“Oh yeah, what’s that?”

“I told you that I had a Christmas surprise for you, so surprise!”


She extended her hand to me and offered me the bag from her outreached grasp. Without thinking, I took the bag and looked in it. It ain’t everyday a brother gets a present. It was then that the realization hit me like the impact of a Volvo in a crash test.

“You are Angel?”

She nodded sheepishly. I wanted to say something clever but the only thing that came to mind was “SHIT!!!”

“SHIT!!!”
I exclaimed.

Here was the problem. Aside from the fact that I had a girlfriend that I was very much in like with, Rosilyn was a good 25 years older than me. I had just turned 20, and she was 46. Her 17 year old daughter was far closer to my age range than she was. When I thought about whom my secret admirer could be, she had never crossed my mind. Rosilyn was the type of unassuming character that one could easily forget was in the room. She just was not on my radar at all. Add in the fact that her facial features were reminiscent of Biggie Smalls’ and you can see why I was not exactly thrilled with the revelation. Hell, I can get with “May-December” romances as much as the next guy, but this was too much for my young mind to grasp. This had to be the longest ride in the history of elevators. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought that Rosilyn had pushed the stop button.

“You aren’t happy that you finally know?”

“Honestly, I wish you would have just kept this to yourself. I have a girlfriend”

“I know, you are dating Virginia’s daughter. But she’s too young to make you happy.”

“She’s the same age as me, and do not talk about her.”

“Open your gift, Terrance.”

When the elevator finally dinged on the 7th floor, I scurried out with the 2 food carts in tow. I figured that Rosilyn would wait by the elevators while I handled my business. Much to my chagrin, she followed me in the hopes of continuing our conversation. I was in full avoidance mode. I picked up my gait in an attempt to elude her, but Rosilyn was right beside me.

“I got you a scarf”

“I can’t accept that from you.”
I replied. What I was really thinking was “We live in Savannah, its 67 degrees outside. Why would you get me a scarf, you crazy old lady?

“I insist, it’s a small token of how I feel about you”

“You don’t even know me.”

“I know enough, I’ve been watching you for a couple years now.”

That last line did it. This was no crush. This wasn’t infatuation. This was full fledged obsession. I realized that Rosilyn was crazy, deranged. I had never so much as uttered 2 words to Rosilyn and now I find out that she has been watching me since I was a fresh faced 18 year old. I didn’t know what to do next, but I knew that I could not further indulge her. So I said:

“I have a girlfriend and I don’t think she would appreciate me accepting gifts from other women. I get that you like me, but I can’t return those feelings.”

“Oh, you will!!!”
she replied evilly and stormed off in the other direction. I was so blowed by the situation that I took the stairs down and hid out for awhile in the morgue. I later told the story to Yosetta and Alphonso, who in true friendship fashion, laughed their asses off. I told Lisa and even she was amused by the older woman that wanted me. I guess she realized that Rosilyn was no threat.

The next couple months at work were uncomfortable to say the least. I tried my best to avoid Rosilyn and never speak of what transpired. I began to feel her furtive glances searing a hole through me. No matter where I went in the department, it seems that she was there. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore and got tired of being nice. I in no uncertain terms, demanded that she stop following me around. Why’d I do that? It’s like I awakened a sleeping beast. I remember going home one day after work and seeing her car right behind mine. I had to do like they do on TV to realize that I had a tail. I took 4 left turns, and she was still behind me. There wasn’t any doubt about it: Rosilyn was trying to follow me home. A well timed red light finally got her off my trail. Then one day, the phone rang and it was Rosilyn. How the hell did she get my number? The phone was not listed in my name. She pleaded with me to give her a chance and talked about how she could make me happier than any woman in the world could. I was just disgusted. I hung up on her and she called me back from a blocked number. I stopped answering the phone, and she started leaving messages. This situation was becoming untenable.

The final straw was when I saw her driving up and down my street one night. I lived on a circle, deep in a residential neighborhood. There was no way that she could have just been “in the neighborhood.” I went outside to confront her, and she sped off. Hell, she was caught. Back at work, she caught a nasty, mean spirited cuss out. I was so mean, that I won’t even repeat what I said. But I did it with a purpose; she crossed another line when she came to my street. I discovered that my harsh words didn’t deter her as she called my home again that night. This time I was at my wits end. So what did I do? For the first (and only) time in my life, T. was a mama’s boy. I told my mother what was happening. My mother promptly called Rosilyn and told her that she better leave her baby alone. She threatened her with a restraining order, calling the police, and calling the EEOC to report her for sexual harassment. I was shocked and wondered how come I didn’t think of that. To be fair, this was my first experience with a stalker, but moms handled that shit in like 2 minutes. Rosilyn never called me again, and I never saw her car on my block anymore. I felt bad for not being able to handle the situation myself, but I was damn sure relieved that it was over.

Shortly after Rosilyn’s conversation with my mother, she quit the job and everything went back to normal. I went back to mingling with the older ladies, talking shit with the crazy crew, shooting the breeze with the college students, and flirting with the hot nurses. But I was never quite the same after being stalked for the first time. I was a lot more careful of what I said, and who I said it to. I became concerned with peoples motives. Hell, I think this was the genesis of my cynicism. But like just about all of life’s lessons, this story is funny in retrospect. I only wish I didn’t have 2 more stalkers after this one.

Tell me your stalker stories. Have you been the stalker or the stalkee? How did you wind up getting rid of them? Indulge a brother with your tales.

It was written…

18 Comments:

Blogger Mocha said...

Damn! She'd been watchin you since you were 18?? See, that is a true hard-core stalker, when they start following you around, and it's not like you two ever even had anything. LOL@ being a mamma's boy...hey you do what the fuck you have to do right?

My roommate is in the midst of being stalked by her ex right now. Calls 15-20x a day, waiting for her outside our apartment, following her, we've been tryna get the police on it but that shit's scary!

Thu Jun 08, 09:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T Cass. I have been a lurker (NOT STALKER LOL!) on your blog for some time now. You really entertain the hell out me while I'm at work. Your a good storyteller with a goo sense of humor. Anywho, here is my story:

I was in my freshman of college sitting in my first pysch class. There was a big ass brotha sitting in the row to my left a few chairs behind me. Now being a freshman I had gotten to class early and he decided to take it upon myself to ask me if I knew who the professor was. Now I'm sure he knew the man's name cuz they put that on your damn schedule. Being the nice young lady that I am I obliged him with a quick response and turned around. Then he asked me "who does your eyebrows?" I thought that was so strange and I said "I do". He said they are beautiful I want my girlfriend to see you she needs that done. I smiled politely and turned back around thinking "what in da hell". So after class he follows me and ask me did I want to get breakfast. I said no thank you (remember he was big as hell and I'm only 5'3 125 so I was trying not to get snatched). So I thought that was the end of it. To make a long post short he continued to try and talk to me those days we had class and would follow me around campus and just show up places that I was. I asked him where his girlfriend was and he said now that he had seen me he didnt want her anymore. So after a wile I got pissed and like you basically went off him and thought it was over. Well I was wrong. One hot afternoon I was asleep at my grandmas house after class and she came home and woke me up and asked me "why is your back window on your car frosty? It's not cold outside." I got up and went outside to find a brick lodged in my window with a picture of two eyebrows drawn on a piece of paper. I knew it was from him but there was no way I could prove it. After that I saw him from time to time on campus but he did leave alone. I was glad but damn I had to pay the Fing deductible.

Thu Jun 08, 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger chele said...

Holy Shit. That is scary as hell ... don't feel bad about being a Momma's boy ... Momma ALWAYS knows best.

This story was great. I have never stalked anyone and to my knowledge I have never been stalked ... at least not like that. I did have a guy watching me for a few days and then he approached me with a poem that he had written. When I told him I was married he didn't come around anymore. I think.

Thu Jun 08, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

lmao@calling ya momma. you had to do what you had to do but i can only imagine how the conversation went:

"hello?"

"MOMMY! THIS GIRL IS MESSING WITH ME AND SHE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"is that you, t? somebody messing with my little boy?? do i need to come there and kick someone's ass?"

t, weeping uncontrollably now, responds in a small voice...

"i told her to leave my 'toys' alone but she just wouldn't! she keeps driving by my sandbox!"

"don't worry, boo. i'll handle it. now go warm you up some milk and don't forget your blankey when you go to bed tonight. leave the night light on if you get scared..."

"yes mommy."

"and i'm gonna call and cuss that heffa out. how DARE she mess with my little t..."

Thu Jun 08, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

LOL@ Nikki, yeah I would've loved to be a fly on the wall....

Thu Jun 08, 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

It's amazing how many mentally unbalanced people live in the world with us normal people. I don't blame you for telling your mom. I had an experience with this dude who use to follow me around. He followed me around for years. I always told my friends that if I disappeared to tell the police that he probably did it.

Thu Jun 08, 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I would be traumatized to this day!

Men who stalk are crazy as hell. But apparently, ole girl was, too.

How she was watching you "for years???" You were only 20 at that point!

Guess she waited until you became official, official.

I am glad you told your mom, tho. That stuff was about to get reeeeaaaal ugly.

Great post.

Me? I've quasi-stalked, but (thank God) have not had any stalkers!!!!

Thu Jun 08, 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ mocha - wow, that's some scary stuff. y'all might wanna get a guard dog, before he break in the crib and start sniffing her draws.

@ anonymous - Thanks for reading, I'm glad I can entertain you. Now that was a true stalker. He busted out your window? Crazy

@ chele - I remember reading that story on your blog, that was crazy/sweet. Not sure what to make of that guy.

@ nikki - yeah, I called momdukes, so what? LOL @ your overactive imagination.

@ miz jj - I got one of those, my second stalker. I always say if I get murdered, they need to start the CSI process at Veronica's crib.

@ cocoa girl - do tell, how did you quasi stalk someone? Yeah, it was getting ugly, had me out of character cursing that woman out. I usually refrain from that kind of stuff, but I couldnt help it.

Thu Jun 08, 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

aw man, I read this yesterday but was unable to comment cause blogger was trippin

but lol@your stalker lookin like Biggie

my first stalker looked like one of the dudes from Pharcyde. He was a weirdo. Once he ran up to me in the hallway at school and bit my face and ran off.

Fri Jun 09, 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I don't know how I forgot about this, but I had a stalker in high school days...hell yeah I'll call his name out Dwayne! anyway, I met him one night at a pool hall, turns out he knew my cousin, he asked me for my number and I turned him down. Why the very next day was he calling me? Turned up at my house and everything! Turns out he gave my cousin some story about losing my number and got my address from it!
He even left an 8x10 pic of himself with a poem about me on the back in my mailbox. My father kept the picture just in case anything happened to me.
My cousin still apologizes to this day...wonder what happened to that guy...

Fri Jun 09, 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quasi b/c all I would do is call and listen (with friends) and/or strategically placed myself where they could be found.

Nothing too "serious"...right?? LOL

Fri Jun 09, 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chris - I'm glad you think I handled it well, I always go back to thinking what could I have done better

@ liqour and tv - LOL @ Fatlip biting your face.

@ mocha - see, I knew you have been stalked before. Stalkers are sure creative in getting your information. I still don't know how my stalker got my number

@ cocoa - thats not to bad, thats just creating an opportunity for him to holla at you. I aint mad at you for that one.

Fri Jun 09, 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Alright Cas, I'm now officially scared!

I've never had a stalker per se (yeah, I said "per se"), but I have had a few uncomfortable situations with unrequited love.

That story was a brilliant reality check.

KZ

Fri Jun 09, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Dang she was actin like she was trying to catch a criminal LOL....I've been blessed not to have a real stalker but I had an IM stalker...he would send me so many dang on IM's I had to act like I was my own boyfriend to get him to leave me alone....sad that he didn't think that perhaps it was me on the other end of the comp....people I tell ya. I had my roomie tell him I wasn't coming back to college so he would stop callin lookin for me LOL

Fri Jun 09, 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

Granny stalker *lol*

You know I was cracking the hell up all day over this post

T, you're familar with my stalker stories *lol*

Fri Jun 09, 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

That was scary!!

Sun Jun 11, 02:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Fri Feb 16, 05:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Virtual call center job white river mortgage Adriana calcanhoto2c fico assim sem vocea Agency credit instant report xxasdf accutane centre government contracts legal 1987 pontiac hijack this telephony domainname +forex+charts california celebrex lawyer Maryland moving companies international Crn farm ers insurance Cisco 3745 cisco3745 retro orange 60 s 70 s sofa India how many isps are in bilaspur Video cards for beginners Sex and vicodin srp online bill payment 401 company k match programs lake miona + boating 1993 oldsmobile cutlass ciera belt

Sun Mar 04, 01:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home