Monday, June 12, 2006

A Meandering Mind on Monday

Due to the fact that I hibernated (see, I used your word Mocha) all weekend and don't have anything to write about, this post is going to be random as hell. Just some thoughts that went through my mind as I did not a damn thing this weekend. Its been a while since I did this, so just bear with me. I'll try to get back with a real post on Tuesday.

I am not a morning person at all. I snapped on the poor girl from work who called me Saturday. Told her "this is not important enough for you to call me this early" and hung up. It really wasn't important enough, but now she gonna be afraid of me.

Speaking of work, I think I'm gonna seriously looking for a new gig starting tomorrow. I like what I do, but I'm getting pimped. Respect is cool, but eventually they gonna have to pay me commensurate to what I do, not for what the position is.

I am going through some serious football withdrawal. I even tried to watch those other 2 kinds of football this weekend: World Cup Soccer and Arena Football. That didn't do it for me. I ended up watching some classic (read old) college football on Turn.er Sou.th.

My cable company sucks. A couple of months ago, my cable was out for 3 or 4 days before they fixed it. Sunday, I was looking for the address of the payment center and had to jump through hoops to get it. If I wanted to pay online, I would have done that, bastards. Stop trying to force me to do it your way. I swear if I didn't have my internet through them, I would get a dish and be done with them.

How come I can instant message all day and not get bored, but if I'm on the phone, I try to end the call as quickly as possible?

How much money do you have to spend on skin care products before you are considered a metrosexual? The cashier at Wal.greens was looking at me like I was suspect the other night.

Speaking of skin care, I haven't had pimples since I was 17. Now all of a sudden, I got acne to take care of. Anybody got any tips for a brother? I swear between last month's pinkeye and this month's blemishes, I feel like I'm reverting back to high school. What's next, I'm a get mono or something?

That new mustache and beard trimmer is gonna come in handy when I'm too lazy to go to the barber shop.

Damn you, Liquor and TV for getting me hooked on YouTube. Like I need another online obsession. I been watching obscure hip hop videos all weekend cuz of you.

My brother is getting married August 19th. He better not have me wearing a white tuxedo. Seriously, that's a no go. And I know you know about the blog. Our nephew told me when y'all were over here the other day.

There is a commandment that says "Thou shalt not kill", right? So why are all the conservative Christians celebrating the death of that Zar.cawi dude? Don't get me wrong, he deserved to die a slow agonizing death, but should we really be excited that we got to kill him? Seems a little hypocritical to me.

I was looking through some old pictures and came to the conclusion that someone needs to bring the box haircut back. My ish was tight and I even had the diagonal part going on. They brought back the 'fro, so its time for the flattop to come back in style. You wanna see?

The NBA playoffs have been great this year. I don't think I watched any regular season games, but the playoffs have been tight.

I can't remember the last time I paid for a CD.

Somebody told me that Friday's post was lazy. Do you know how long it took me to find and upload those pictures? And if you thought that was lazy, what you think about this one? LOL

How I keep getting spam in my comments? I don't wanna turn the word verification on, but I might have to. They hit me up 5 times on Sunday.

95 degrees is too hot. I know its almost summer, but come on Sun. Chill out for a minute. We still got July and August for you to shine. I actually left my crib, got in my car and concluded it was too hot for me to go anywhere, so I turned back around.

I think my real life friends are getting jealous of my online friends. I know they probably wont admit it, but its true. I keep hearing, "You don't ever call anymore" and stuff like that.

Truth be told, I don't ever call anyone, unless I'm returning a phone call. That's just anti social T. at work. I looked at my last 20 outgoing calls and I didn't initiate any of those conversations, except for one and she didn't even call me back. All together now: awww, poor T. LOL

Somebody tag a brotha. Just one of you, not everybody all at once.

It was written...

18 Comments:

Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Here are my thoughts...you can buy as many skin products as you want without worrying about being labeled a metrosexual.

The real definition of a metrosexual, in my opinion, is a guy who does salon type shit. Getting facials, pedicures, manicures, having their eyebrows shaped...that kind of stuff. As long as you steer clear of those things, you're not a metro!

:-)

Mon Jun 12, 04:45:00 AM  
Blogger 4EverJennayNay said...

I think I draw the line at eye arching as far as metro's go. If you have one eye brow, its okay to 86 the mupet look, but if you are str8 arching your eye brow you've crossed the line. So Imma have to cosign with sugar P.

I saw a man with the puff rat tail the other day. About a month ago I saw a man with the row of fur accross the back of his head... kinda like a row-tail??? I guess. Anyway, you may be right about the box thing.

Mon Jun 12, 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

My real friends get jealous of my online friends or my computer dealings...

I'd rather IM than talk on the phone as well...
I don't like talkin on the phone if I can see you in person...get off my phone and comeover and talk to me, shit...

Mon Jun 12, 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ sugar P - dude looked at me like I was nuts. It aint like I was buying makeup or tweezers. I just needed some moisturizer for my face cuz it was dry. I got the mens stuff.

@ jennaynay - nah, I aint going that far, this was strictly for maintenance purposes, no eye brow waxing or anything like that

@ negropino - thats true about the online people. I had a friend tell me that she had to read my blog to find out what was going on in my life. and tell the truth, you just wanted 2 birthday celebrations. LOL

Mon Jun 12, 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I rarely call anyone but I sure get a lot of incoming phone calls. BTW The Eagle Has Landed LOL...None stop phone calls last night, thank gawd I had to work a night shift. Should I be scared? Dude is a big muthaf*cker...He might give me some go...

*sigh*

And on that note, have a happy Monday :-)

Mon Jun 12, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ nsane - I think if i see you everyday, I don't have to talk to you on the phone. Maybe thats just me.

@ tenacious - at what point does the BF put his foot down. I couldnt handle you and your phone stalkers. LOL

Mon Jun 12, 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

My best friend back home calls adult pimples "needies." She laughs, points at my face and tells me, "Gurl, you need some a$$!" I tell her to shut up and explain that its a "hormonal thing," thank you very much!!!

So unless you are a MetroSexual with hormonal issues...maybe you need some lovin' and a nekked backrub...both available to you in Boston where it is a cool 68 degrees today
;-D

Mon Jun 12, 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chezniki - dont make me look up flights. LOL

Mon Jun 12, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chezniki - dont make me look up flights. LOL

Mon Jun 12, 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger chele said...

Maybe if you brought back the box cut all questions of you being metro will be answered.

As for the acne -- take chezniki's advice and get you some, boo.

I don't think Friday's post was lazy ... here's a suggestion, though: Title of post: "I'm not gay but ..." Then upload a bunch of pics for us ladies to look at since the majority of your readership is female. Sound good?

Mon Jun 12, 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

OK I thought I was the only one that don't call people. And I only return calls if I haven't heard from the person in a while, or if I'm coordinating times for a booty call.

I've been on youtube all morning..listening and watching while I'm working. hmmm..today I peeped a couple of Portishead videos, a Simply Red video (Holding back the years), and this Boogiemonsters video I never knew existed.

Bring the box back! We need more "Level headed brothas".

Mon Jun 12, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

LOL....as long as you don't spend any money on foundation to cover up that acne you aight with me LOL....youtube is hilarious

Mon Jun 12, 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I talked to a guy recently who said that he was in the middle of booking a spa day..when i asked for who, he said for him and his boys. He's trying to get a group massage...I asked if he was talkin' about a rub & tug, and he told me "naw, a real spa day..we actually prefer a male massuese, they have stronger hands".

That's metrosexual.

Why don't you bring back the haircut..be a trendsetter T!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Mon Jun 12, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

@mocha: Wow that guy is very secure because most dudes are not admitting that mess.

95 is hot. It must be really hot if you don't wear shorts ;-)

NBA Playoffs have been the shit! Did you see Stackhouse at the end of the 2nd quarter. The four point play. That was so nice.

As for the skin...try drinking lots of water. Keep everything flowing. And I'll let you in on my trade secret. Change you pillow case every other day. I know, it seems like a lot, but you mash your face up against it every night for like seven hours.

Mon Jun 12, 01:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I can instant message all day and not get bored, but if I'm on the phone, I try to end the call as quickly as possible?

LOL...that's me! I could take it a step further and ask how come I can talk to some folks on the phone at work for an hour, yet feel the crack-like urge to end what's been only a 20-sec phone call with others...

Mon Jun 12, 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chele - you act like it's that easy, just get me some. And ummm... sorry, you can do your own eye candy post. This blog is a no sweaty nigga with his shirt off zone. LMAO

@ liquor and tv - speaking of booty calls... painter boy Yay or Nay? Okay, I'll bring it back if you bring back the Stacy Lattisaw feathered hair.

@ honey-libra - nope, no makeup, although this one time when I was a kid, I used my sisters makeup to cover up some stuff. I didnt leave the house though.

@ mocha - no thats gay!!! male masseuse, whatever!

@ miz jj - thats what puzzles me, I gave up soda a few months ago, and I always drink water, its like it was better when I was being unhealthy. I'm gonna try your pillowcase trick.

@ cocoa - I know I be looking at my watch. Sometimes I just zone out and don't even listen.

Mon Jun 12, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

i know you aint complaining about the heat in atlanta!!!! try being here in damn austin, texas where it is damn SCORCHING year-round!!! oh my bad, except for, like, christmas, when the temperature is about, um, 80 degrees instead of the usual 100+ degrees!!!!!

by the way, may i add you to my links?

Mon Jun 12, 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ fallen angel, I was in a outside wedding in Dallas in July last year in a heavy ass tux. Texas heat aint nothing to mess with. And of course you can add me. Good looking

Mon Jun 12, 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home