Friday, November 17, 2006

Eye Candy

I alluded yesterday to the females that were at the spot at the job I accepted. First, don't take this too seriously, I'm not going to date women that I work with. At least that's the plan. But since we all spend so much time at the office, and I'm not exactly the social butterfly, who knows? This is just an exercise to test my power of observation and recall. All names have been changed just in case they ever find out about my blog, cuz I suck at keeping it a secret.

Lauryn

She walked up behind me as I was entering the building. Of course, I stepped back and held the door for her. She said "thank you" in a raspy voice, like she was yelling all night. As we signed in at the security desk, I visually took her in. Just something I do, I'm always looking. She was wearing a black pant suit with grey pinstripes and a white button up shirt that probably should have had one more button done for an interview. But I wasn't complaining. Her skin was the color of deep dark chocolate and the little makeup she was wearing gave her face an effortless shine, like Lauryn Hill in "The Ex Factor" video, hence the name. She was about 5' 5", I don't know how to gauge weight, but she was slender, but not to the point of looking anorexic. At first glance I pegged her to be about 23, but after we talked, I'm thinking maybe 27.

I sat across the lobby from her with my pre interview game face on. She sat with her legs crossed, right over left and shaking. She struck me as being nervous. I noticed that her lips were the almost the same color of her skin, and they had that familiar MAC look to them, you know where they look shiny, but if you touch them they are a little sticky? Her eyes were artificially brown, what one of my exes used to call Chesnut Brown, and her freshly permed hair was real and lingered on the nape of her neck loosely curled. She came over to where I was and sat down next to me.

"Hey, I'm Lauryn (again not her real name). What are you interviewing for?"

I introduced myself and we made small talk. She revealed that she was indeed nervous, as she didn't think she had the necessary qualifications. We talked about nothing of consequence, just idle chatter to pass the time. I noticed that undone button again as she sat close to me, but this time I also noticed the outline of a black Victoria Secret's bra, peeking through her shirt. It was one of those invisible ones that Tyra was wearing in that commercial a couple of years ago. Not that I was paying that much attention to it. LOL. They called me first, and as I got up, to meet the HR lady, I said...

"Good luck and nice meeting you."

She stopped me and put a scrap of paper in my hand. Her hands were soft and left behind a lingering fragrance of jasmine.

"Hey, call me and let me know if you get the job."

"Aiight, I'll do that."

And with that I went to my interview with a momentary swagger.

I was planning on writing about the other eye candy, but i don't feel like anymore. Maybe I'll do that later this weekend.

It was written...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can look at lipstick and know it's MAC?

You can look at a bra and know it's Victoria's Secret?

How you know she didn't get that stuff from Walmart?

Fri Nov 17, 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

for you to be self-diagnosed as anti-social and/or socially awkward--you damn sure be gettin' females sir cas!!!! i bet your ass was swaggering too! and uh, yeah, how did you know it was a victoria's secret bra? just from sight alone? mmm hmmm...just outta control! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Fri Nov 17, 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ chele - I'm just observant I guess, and plus all the women I've met recently be wearing MAC.

@ Fallen Angel - see the thing about being anti social is people talk to me, I don't talk to them. If someone starts the convo, I can finish it, I just can't/don't initiate very well.

Fri Nov 17, 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol @ chele.

At least you know there will be some cuties at work.

Fri Nov 17, 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

Momentary Swagger?

I don't see you as a man that loses pace at any.time!

Hey, so more important than all of this, is we can't wait to hear of the exploits/tales/escapades of the new gig.

Congratulations! I know you deserve it.

P

Fri Nov 17, 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I see you scruntizing her down to the "T"....and tuh to think you act like you don't have females on your tip and what the hell is it with woman and their constant need to flash their bras at you

Let me find out you're really a male gigolo down in the ATL....

Fri Nov 17, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ T

That'll be one hellva church announcement that's for sure.

Fri Nov 17, 07:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She wants to know more than whether you get the job or not. I like how observant you were. The makeup type and bra type! I need to step my game up. This young Padawan must take lessons!! Hahahaha

Sat Nov 18, 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Dayum T, you are like a bra expert! I have that one too but I don't like to wear it for long amounts of time because the straps stick to your shoulders.

Yeah TMI, I know.

Good luck on the job!

My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!

Sat Nov 18, 06:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playa Playa! Go Cas! Let us know how the conversation goes. And of course the outcome to the interview. I WISH YOU LUCK!

Sat Nov 18, 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Dannngggg dawgs...how you recognizing Victoria Secret bras, MAC lips...um, yeah, I'm with Tenacious, the hell you down in ATL doin'?

MAC is the bomb though...gives lips that **muah** look, but don't let a gnat go across your lips, cause um, yeah, its stuck wit you for the rest of the day.

Congrats on the gig!

Sat Nov 18, 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

T Cas T Cas!!!!You know I got jokes for ya right!...You really are pregnant!!!Lmaof. Noticing Mack lipstick and Victoria Secret Bras...lol...Whew!! I can't stop laughing..

Sun Nov 19, 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

LOL! Glad you got your swagger back! Soooooo did you call her yet? Inquiring minds wanna know!

And furthermore, I can't tell you how impressed I am that you recognized MAC lipglass!!!!! (That stuff is the bombdiggity - for true)

Mon Nov 20, 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home