Thursday, November 16, 2006

Today's Miscellania

Peace Fam! I just got back home, so I guess I should tell you about my day. I had an interview at 8 AM this morning. It was way up in Duluth, so I figured I should leave early to avoid traffic and make sure I'm not late. You know tardiness is one of my things, but I didnt think it was an appropriate first impression. I woke up at 5:15 and was out of the house by 6:30. I figured I would get there by 7:30. It's better to be early than late right? Well, there was no traffic so by 7 o clock, I'm sitting in the parking lot with an hour to kill, yawning cuz I got 2 hours of sleep again. My stomach was growling so I headed off to find a McDonald's to get a McGriddle. (No Syn, I didn't eat last night and I didn't go to sleep either.) I'm looking around for a nearby restaurant, but I can't find one and by then the streets were getting crowded, so I just charged it and headed back to the spot. I go inside and sit in the lobby for what seems like an eternity before they come out. Long story short, I killed in the interview, but they still want me to come back on Monday for a third interview with the president of the company. I hope I get this one. There's no eye candy there like at the other job I got ( I forgot to tell you all about the eye candy), but they pay more.

It's now 10:00, and I call my sister to get directions to her kids' school. They were having a Thanksgiving lunch today with family and since she had to work, and I dont have no damn job, I went in her place. I found the school and finally found a place to park without getting too lost, which is a miracle in itself. My ex brother in law and my sister in law were there too. My niece and nephew were glad to see me, which made me feel good. I don't know if I would have wanted family at school with me when I was 9 and 10. I ate lunch with my nephew, (although his greedy behind ate most of my food), walked around the school with him and then headed home. Sorry, no pictures, my batteries died in my camera.

So, I'm trying to find my way home, because I didnt have the forsight to print directions home from the school and I suddenly get the urge to vomit. But I'm stuck in traffic at a red light in the middle lane with cars on both sides of me. I'm trying to hold it, but it aint working. I had to get out of my car in the middle of the street and run to a trash can on the sidewalk. Horns are honking, people are shooting me dirty looks, but I couldnt help it. It was either that, or throw up all over my car. Aiight, so I run back to the car, cuz the light is green now and I'm holding up traffic. Somehow, I make a wrong turn and wind up back in the middle of downtown. Great, I'm lost...again. I'm drove around downtown Atlanta trying to find 75N, dizzy as hell, mouth smelling foul, head spinning, just out of it. I finally found the highway and now I'm home. I'm bout to lay down and regroup and I'll check all of you out later. Have a good one!!!

It was written...

14 Comments:

Blogger SynSational said...

Dang T...you said you've been getting sick after eating, but dang...so you are making that Dr's appt when? Maybe it's good you didn't eat last night, but still...you need to get on that appt.

I'm finished doin my Moma fussn, and yeah, I'm glad there was no eye candy at your interview like the other one. You better find something elsewhere...I done told yo butt.

Thu Nov 16, 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

maybe that's why your ass eats so infrequently? :-/ way to go on the support of the niece and nephew. even if you dont think that you would've liked it when you were little, in hindsight, i'm sure you would agree that the time that adults take out of their "busy" schedules does indeed make a difference, right? ;-)

Thu Nov 16, 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Uhh, Cas, why didn't you post about the eye candy?

*noi'mnotreallythisinsensitiveinreallife*

KZ

Fri Nov 17, 07:24:00 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Flu season...get yourself to a doctor okay? Feel better.

Fri Nov 17, 09:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with synsational ... go to the doctor, dude. sounds to me like you need a good night's sleep and a good meal. take care of yourself.

Fri Nov 17, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

I agree with the majority.. a doctor's appt. is needed.

feel better.

-Isis

Fri Nov 17, 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

You're like me, always getting lost somewhere *lol*

Good going supporting the niece and nephew.

T either you got food poisoning from the meal *I mean it was cooked at school and we all remember the school lunch* or... ur pregnant, which in that case I wanna know who is the mama?

Regardless, stop being stubborn and get thee to a doctor...Hope you're all better though

Fri Nov 17, 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

I used to HATE school lunch!!!!! I wouldn't touch the stuff when I was in school.

Hope you are feeling better! You are such a sweetie for supporting your niece and nephew!!!!

Throw up in the whip - NEVER THAT! I don't blame you for holding up traffic...

Fri Nov 17, 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Ew. Hope you feel better.

So have you accepted a job yet?

Fri Nov 17, 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here eating as I'm reading about you "tossing your cookies" I think I'm about to vomit now. UGH! LOL

Fri Nov 17, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Maaan..Let me find OUT!! You're pregnant!!! LOL....

Fri Nov 17, 01:04:00 PM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

@ blah - this sounds like when we were leaving the concert. You were driving that Sunday.

@ synsational - its just looking... ain't nothing wrong with that, right?

@ fallen - you are right, It was really cool hanging out with them, they were so proud to have their family there

@ KZ - I need to do that right now

@ 1969 - I dont have any other symptoms, but I'm going to a doctor

@ chele - I just had a wonderful nights sleep... so I'm 1 for 2

@ isis - yeah, I shall. Thanks

@ tenacious - I take getting lost to a whole nother level. I need a GPS for my birthday. hint hint. LOL

@ SandyBaby - It was actually pretty good, I just probably should have avoided the vanilla milk.

@ miz jj - I accepted one that starts on the 28th, but I'm still trying to find one that pays more.

@ The Goddess - sorry about that, should have put up a disclaimer

@ Mr Slish - LMAO

@ Rob Mack - I can't anticipate the stress level yet, but I do know that it is more responsibility which I'm cool with.

Fri Nov 17, 01:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem Cas. I manage to keep it down. I won't be reading blogs and eating, which I've done entirely too much. Maybe if I quit doing that from now on I'll drop a few pounds. Smile

Sat Nov 18, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I know I was driving...but that's YOUR town homey! I didn't know where I was going...and by the way, why was I driving anyway?

Yea...also Saturday at the concert..LOL...and what about Friday on your way to Atlanta Station...HAHAHAHAHA

You need to stay from behind a wheel.

Mon Nov 20, 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home