New Year's Resolutions
I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. I don't see how one day is any better than another for changing your life. But I'll play along with the rest of the world. So without further ado, here are my 2006 New Years Resolutions.
1. Lay off the Black & Milds. I ain't saying I'm going to quit, but I should cut back before I start sounding like Weezy off the Jeffersons.
2. Get rich or die trying. I don't need to be rich, but I make a pretty good living. I should have more to show for it. No more ballin' at the strip club or buying rounds of Patron for the crew.
3. No more lending money. I actually started this one back in September and so far so good. Although I bet my brother hopes I wont follow through with this one.
4. Stop procrastinating. This one will never happen. I even put off writing this post until the last minute.
5. Keep my house clean. I always have the best intentions, but then # 4 on the list takes over. Right now I got mail on the living room floor, cd's on my office floor, and ties and socks all over my bedroom floor. Where's Florence when you need her. (Another Jefferson's reference, no more TV Land for me)
6. Spend less time at the office. I'm kind of a workaholic. I need to spend less time working and more time putting in work (heh-heh).
7. Spend more time with my family. It doesn't make sense that my brother and my sister and her kids are 45 minutes away and I can't drive over there more than I do.
There you have it. I wanted to get this post in before the shooting starts. What's the deal with that anyway? Every New Years and July 4th niggaz be bussin shots in the air. Anyway, be safe and be easy. And if anyone wants to share their resolutions, feel free to add them to the comments section.
It was written...