Inspiration 'Get Back" Ludicris. "Get back, get back you don't know me like that"
What I'm Listening To - This list took 3 cd's worth of time. So I started with Step in the Arena by GangStarr, then moved to Blue Funk by Heavy D. and finally Mecca and the Soul Brother by Pete Rock and Cl Smooth.
Question(s) I Asked Myself Today: 1."What's with all the white women?"
There was a meeting of all the senior level people at work today and all of them were white women. I was looking around for some color but I couldn't find any.
2. "Why the hell did I decide to write this? This is taking forever."
I asked myself this about halfway through today's post.
I stole this idea from a bunch of blogs I have been reading. Everybody is doing the 101 things about me, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll try to tell things that most people in real life don't know about me, but as I run out of ideas it might get a little mundane. If anyone wants to reveal anything about themselves, feel free to add a comment or a link to your blog. You're about to get to know me like that:
1. I don't like Tupac. I know that sounds a little sacrilegious, but I think he was overrated both in lyrical skills and his message.
2. I used to want to be Big Daddy Kane
3. I have had guns pointed at me 3 times in my life
4. I graduated "cum laude" from Savannah State University.
5. I almost never did any homework, I just picked up on things quickly.
6. I joined French Club in high school to get close to a girl.
7. I almost got arrested for smoking weed in a Marta(subway) station during Freaknik 96
8. My best friend has been in jail off and on for the last 3 years and I haven't gone to see him
9. I've seen people smoke weed, sniff powder, drop ecstacy, pop pills, and roll acid. But I have never seen crack in real life.
10. I love going to strip clubs.
11. I don't spend a lot of money in strip clubs.
12. I am cheap when it comes to myself and generous when it comes to others.
13. 10 years later I still want a '96 big body Impala
14. I have had relationships with people I worked with. It's not a good idea.
15. GangStarr was my favorite rap group in high school
16. I prefer that old school R&B to today's R&B.
17. I played high school football for one week until I realized the coach was a racist.
18. New York is still a part of me but I haven't been there since '92.
19. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my favorite shows ever.
20. Even though I pretend I dont, I actually like some romantic comedies.
21. I don't think Halle Berry and Beyonce are as beautiful as everyone else does.
22. I have Glade plug ins all over my home
23. I have seen every episode of "Gilmore Girls"
24. Even though I said those last 5 things I am a heterosexual man
25. I once shacked up with a woman after dating for 6 days.
26. We stayed together for 2 years.
27. I have had my heart broken once (see #'s 25 and 26)
28. Since then I have a hard time expressing emotions.
29. I smoked a blunt with Goodie Mob at SSU's homecoming in 96
30. In college I used to rock Hilfiger with Girbaud. I also rocked a back pack and big ass headphones.
31. I fell asleep during my commencement ceremony.
32. The night before I got high and drunk with my cousins from Virginia.
33. All 3 of my cousins from VA are/were in interracial marraiges.
34. Their kids all seem to look like David Justice. (I know that's an obscure reference. Look here
35. I like making obscure references.
36. When I was a kid, I used to have nightmares about Stephanie Mills.
37. I used to stay up late on Friday nights to watch this video show called Hot Traxx! in NY (thus the nightmares)
38. I also used to watch Knight Rider, Remington Steele, and Miami Vice every Friday.
39. My father used to smoke weed in the house when I was young, but I didn't realize that it was weed until I was about 18
40. I used to be known as RJ the DJ (My real initials are R. J.) and I made 8 track mixtapes at age 5
41. My grandmother still has those tapes in her garage.
42. I have had most of the game systems: Atari, Coleco Vision, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx, PS1 and PS2.
43. I don't have an X box b/c i can't get used to the controller.
44. My brother, sister and I each had a hamster when we were young. My brother's was named Cinnamon, My sisters was Peach Fuzz, but nobody can remember my hamster's name. We do remember that he commited suicide though by hanging himself in his cage.
45. I have middle child syndrome. I feel like I didn't get the attention my brother and sister got.
46. I was glad I didn't get the attention they got. It allowed me to do my own thing.
47. My father was a drug addict. He died in '95 of cocaine induced cardiac arrest.
48. I didn't cry at his funeral.
49. I did cry 3 months later in the car outside of Frozen Paradise. It took it that long to really hit me.
50. I think that's the last time I cried.
51. Even though I used to blow trees, I never learned how to roll a blunt.
52. That was my way of making sure I wouldn't get addicted. I heard that smoking alone is a sign of addiction.
53. I had the same girlfriend for the last 3 years of college.
54. Everybody thought we were going to get married after we graduated.
55. Instead we broke up and stayed friends for awhile at least.
56. I used to be a klepto
57. I used to be a pathological liar
58. I used to be a (wannabe) hustler.
59. I used to write rhymes. My MC name was BME (Black Man Extraordinaire) or the Lyrical Assassin.
60. I still have the first rhyme I wrote in 10th grade. It's wack but it's still better than Nelly. (sorry to all you Nelly fans)
61. I was in Chorus in high school. I sang tenor. I was pretty good but I can't sing to save my life now.
62. My nickname in high school was Zamunda. You remember "Coming to America"? Zamunda was the country Prince Akeem was from. They called me that b/c I used to wear Africa Medallians and beads.
63. If I ever made an hip hop album, I would want production from DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Pharrell(for my first single), Timbaland (for my 2nd single) and Dr. Dre.
64. I am sick of albums having too many guest rappers on it. Not everybody in your crew can rap
65. I wish Jodeci would put out another album. We need some more baby making music.
66. I love being right.
67. I hate being wrong
68. I don't apologize when I think I am right. I guess that's why I'm not married now.
69. I lose interest in people easily. Wait a minute. Maybe I that's
why I'm still not married.
70. I love spending time by myself. I need my space. No, that's
why I'm not married.
71. I have self diagnosed myself as having Social Anxiety Disorder. I don't like being in situations where I don't know somebody.
72. I hate insects.
In Savannah, I was introduced to the flying roach. What the f*ck is that about?
73. I once lived in an old house with a lesbian roommate.
74. That shit was nothing like the movies. I was expecting to see all kind of freaky stuff going down. Turns out lesbians are really just like everybody else.
75. I am grateful for that experience b/c I learned that lesson.
76. I once turned down a threesome with 2 of my female friends b/c I didn't want to ruin the friendship.
77. I used to be really stupid. I don't even talk to them anymore. I missed out on that experience for nothing.
78. When I was 19, I had a one night stand at Disney World with a girl from St Croix. At least that's where she said she was from.
79. I am extremely faithful when I am in a relationship. I've cheated once in all my years of dating. I felt so guilty that I cut it off very quickly.
80. I like oral sex; giving and receiving.
81. I had a girlfriend that liked anal sex, but I wasn't too excited about it.
82 .I have never said "I love you" when I didn't mean it
83. I have been stalked before. I came home one night to find my ex girlfriend burying chicken bones in my front lawn trying to put the root on me. That's a funny story I need to write about one day.
84. Me and my siblings have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to relationships. We just mind our own business. Alot of people think we should talk about more personal things, but this works for us.
85. My mother has never approved of any girl I've ever introduced her to.
86. I have decided I am not introducing her to any girl I meet unless I am very serious about her.
87. I want 2 children: a girl and a boy. The girls name will be Aaliyah after the singer. I haven't decided the boy's name yet, but I was thinking Christopher after Biggie.
88. I am the oldest straight man I know without children.
89. Every now and then I regret that abortion Shay got when we were 17 even though it was the right decision at the time.
90. I can't have chocolate, peanut butter or anything with caffeine b/c it gives me migraines.
91. I miss my morning cup of coffee and my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (Not at the same time, that would be nasty)
92. I don't get sick that often. I catch a cold like every 4 years. I hope I didn't jinx myself by writing this.
93. I need to step up my tie game. There's too many other guys at work coming with the fresh ties trying to take my throne.
94. I'm not a sneaker person. I had the first pair of Jordans when they first came out, but every since then that's just not my thing.
95. I have issues with the Black church. For example, why is the pastor is living in million dollar house while the church is going bankrupt.
96. I can honestly say that I try to understand where people are coming from even if I don't agree with them. A Sag trait.
97. Another Sag trait: I can be too honest with people sometimes, and don't consider their feelings.
98. If I had a bed in my computer room, I don't think I would ever leave this room except to go to the bathroom.
99. I get obsessed with things easily. For instance I am now obsessed with reading blogs. Last year I was obsessed with downloading music, a couple years ago I was obsessed with independant films.
100. Music is the one obsession that I have had for my entire life.
101. I am done with this list.
It was written...